Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I do not know if this is the right place for my question. But since we are speculating... What do you guys have to say about the supposed WoW Complete Edition for consoles that was going to be unveiled at the Game Awards?

If 10.0 is a new beginning for WoW (and it has to be something different), it would be a good moment to release the game on consoles.
    It could be good timing for a console port, but I don't know enough to comment on the likelihood.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-14 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    World Tree 2 is interesting because it ties both the Dragons Isles hints and the revamped buildings on the data files. I mean, Teldrassil had a lot of problems with corruption, and the damage caused was only fixed with Alextrasza and Ysera's blessing, when both were still Dragon Aspects. So, since Dragon Aspects are no longer a thing, and Teldrassil is pretty much dead, maybe Azeroth being a dragon is the only thing capable of fixing Teldrassil.
    Well not saying the map means anything but they did tweet a year ago something about trees re-grow with a winky face. I thought it was just empty PR speech to make someone feel better but there could be something to it

Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-01-14 at 01:41 AM.

I'm actually a little worried that quote just means that Teldrassil will be available in the present again, exactly as it was, with "trees can regrow" as the excuse to avoid having to revamp anything.

Personally, I'm glad Teldrassil was burned down (just not the context). It never made any sense that the night elven capital was an entirely new location off the coast of their own continent. I wonder what the behind the scene decision for that was, rather than making the capital in Moonglade (where it was implied to be at one point) or Hyjal (their most iconic location at the time). As far as I know that's one bit of early development we've never gotten a postmortem for.

If I recall, hints that the night elves had moved to Nordrassil were overblown, but I still think it's a way more exciting idea than just bringing back Teldrassil. To be fair though, as long as a new Teldrassil is built to actually resemble a tree instead of the stump it was physically modeled as until its destruction, it'll be a much more interesting place.

-----------------

Incidentally, the tradition that I'm keeping an eye out for is whether the next expansion will have a coincidental connection to an upcoming Magic: The Gathering set again.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain.

1) Around the time of Warlords of Draenor, Magic: The Gathering announced a set named Khans of Tarkir (that was originally trademarked as Warlords of Khanar). It was a story about a guy who went back in time on his savage homeworld to make sure that history turned out better for his people. It was also the first time Magic seriously featured orcs in a long time (the time traveler was not an orc, however).

2) I didn't notice anything for Legion, but during the speculation for what would become Battle for Azeroth, Magic: The Gathering announced Ixalan, a set that involved a clash between a dinosaur-riding, Mesoamerican-inspired empire and a naval force with pirates. Despite it not being typically associated with either group, the set also prominently featured vampires (though on the naval side rather than the Mesoamerican side like the blood trolls).

3) Finally, around the time of Shadowlands, Magic: The Gathering had Theros: Beyond Death, a set that involved delving into the underworld.

It's obviously not intentional and the details are more than different enough, but what does line up has consistently been enough to be notable.

My hope this time is that the upcoming set "Dominaria United" is a sign that we might have a world revamp (Dominaria was the original main setting of Magic before it started visiting other worlds all the time) and cross-faction play (thanks to the United part of the name and promotional artwork of a blue army and a red army shaking hands). ;P
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-14 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I do not know if this is the right place for my question. But since we are speculating... What do you guys have to say about the supposed WoW Complete Edition for consoles that was going to be unveiled at the Game Awards?

If 10.0 is a new beginning for WoW (and it has to be something different), it would be a good moment to release the game on consoles.

I would absolutely LOVE to play WoW on consoles, especially since I cannot play It on PC anymore since my left arm and chest hurts a lot after a few hours of gaming position
    WoW on console is an interesting idea if done right. I've long been suspicious of how well it could work, but playing FFXIV on console has opened my eyes. If WoW wants to bring more players into the game, they could do far worse than launching on XBox/PS. I did wonder if some of the ability pruning they were doing a while back was in preparation for a more action-like push button console setup.

If it comes out on console, I'd be very interested to try it out. It would be a nice thing to launch alongside a world revamp, whenever that might happen.

Dragon Isles
    Horde and Alliance can group up for endgame activities
    Tinkerer, mail(healer, rdps, others tbd)
    New talents row(changes abilities, doesn't add)
    Versatility scrapped
    Tertiary stats scrapped
    4 new secondary stats(crit multiplier, ArP is back, others tbd)
    Another soulbind system(more complex)
    Everything else is the same: 20m mythic raids, tier sets, crafted legendaries, dungeons, arenas, rep grinds, etc
    And no old world revamp...ever

Quote Originally Posted by sigrsmg View Post
    Dragon Isles
    Versatility scrapped
    Tertiary stats scrapped
    Everything else is the same: 20m mythic raids, tier sets, crafted legendaries, dungeons, arenas, rep grinds, etc
    if these 2 bolded REALLY HAPPEN IN ANY FUTURE EXPANSION- it's no-buy for me.

I seriously doubt blizzard would ever spell the class as "Tinkerer" instead of Tinker. Also seems weird for a dragon expansion. Reminds me of the old fake SL leaks saying Tinker will be a ghostbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    if these 2 bolded REALLY HAPPEN IN ANY FUTURE EXPANSION- it's no-buy for me.
    That list sounds more like some clueless armchair dev's wishlist. We won't likely see ArP as a regular stat back ever, since it is nearly impossible to balance with the damage profiles of the classes, and crit multiplier would lead to exponential damage growth way beyond what we see now. As would any increase in the number of secondaries, for that matter.

In the same line, versa may be relatively boring, but it does the job it is supposed to quite well, so i can't see them scrapping it. Same goes for tertiaries, they're not supposed to be a big deal and generally aren't. Which mostly leaves the somewhat obvious stuff or predictions that have been made 10 times over already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I seriously doubt blizzard would ever spell the class as "Tinkerer" instead of Tinker. Also seems weird for a dragon expansion. Reminds me of the old fake SL leaks saying Tinker will be a ghostbuster.
    Tinkler. *duck*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrsmg View Post
    Dragon Isles
    Versatility scrapped
    Tertiary stats scrapped
    New talents row, lol. As if they'd ever dust that thing off after this many years.
    The future Blizzard wants is not the past we loved.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Not only we got standard bullshit leaks, people now try to legitimize them with "Blizz dev in my guild said that". Like it actually gives it more credit.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

"What does one life matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    World Tree 2 is interesting because it ties both the Dragons Isles hints and the revamped buildings on the data files. I mean, Teldrassil had a lot of problems with corruption, and the damage caused was only fixed with Alextrasza and Ysera's blessing, when both were still Dragon Aspects. So, since Dragon Aspects are no longer a thing, and Teldrassil is pretty much dead, maybe Azeroth being a dragon is the only thing capable of fixing Teldrassil.
    Why should Teldrassil be fixed? Why are night elves entitled to a big fat tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Why should Teldrassil be fixed? Why are night elves entitled to a big fat tree?
    Dunno. Ask your undead elf chick.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by WheresT View Post
    The warfront building props are gorgeous though and includes a giant night elf bridge that I don’t think is even complete in the warfront, just broken. I’m sure we’ll see this used in the future.
    Good thing Blizzconline was cancelled because the first question in response to their "we've been working on an old world revamp for 5 years" will definitely be "Is that why the last two expansions were bad?"

I'd rather see the night elves kick tauren out of Mount Hyjal and start living there again. That place is much more iconic than Teldrassil imo.

Good thing Blizzconline was cancelled because the first question in response to their "we've been working on an old world revamp for 5 years" will definitely be "Is that why the last two expansions were bad?"
    Blizzconline wouldn't have Q&A panel, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    How long did it take for flying in 8.2?
    nearly a week since you could farm the rares in raid and get 50 rep + fishing 25 rep + pet battles + mob farming

so i was already flying instead of waiting the mobile game research like you will in 9.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It's all Teriz's ridiculous ideas.
    Blizzard: datamines a shit icon. Teriz: hey, look guys. It's the Tinker!

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    nearly a week since you could farm the rares in raid and get 50 rep + fishing 25 rep + pet battles + mob farming

so i was already flying instead of waiting the mobile game research like you will in 9.2
    What a guy!

My take on the Time of Day enter/loop/leave: Maybe an animation that is used during questing? Like meditating in AC:Odyssey where you see a timelapse of the day going by,
    My take on the proximity world enter/loop/leave: Animation for approanching different worlds? idk man.

World of Warcraft: Landswalker
    World of Warcraft: Possiblysomewherearoundthemiddlebutdefinetlynotanywhefenearthendyetwalker