7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    When say, the 9.2 patch frame is pretty well polished. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20211111183656
    Even including new runes, First Ones Cyphers, in place of the classic Titan/Elvish/Demonic classic general runes we've had
    Ha I just noticed the new runes too, that's a cool touch.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You never know when the quality of something specific in WoW will take a sudden nosedive for no good reason.
    That's sort of what I was saying about that 4chan logo. Blizzard patches used to be designed like full game logos since the old days. Starting with Battle for Azeroth though, patch logos became a comparatively boring W circle behind the patch's name in a consistent font. There's some theming, but it's minor. Also, anyone who has collected volumes of anything know that the chances of the branding pattern suddenly changing and ruining the consistency of the spines on your shelf is non-zero. The Empire of Dragons situation is much subtler than that. I myself have worked on images before and got all the way to finishing it before I realized I accidentally started with an older foundation than I had access to. Of course, that's definitely going to be true for fakes, so it's not really notable.

I read that people made a remark about the shine coming from the letters in the EoD logo. What if it is a still from an animation, I could see some light animation coming from the letters. I am not claiming it to be true though, just a thought I had.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Those aren’t the SL logos

There’s no ghosts around the border
    The colors don’t match up
    The F and T are obvious photoshop
    Huh? Those were real leaks from a few days before the announcement which were used in the promotion emails, unless I am mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by RoshuanEU View Post
    I read that people made a remark about the shine coming from the letters in the EoD logo. What if it is a still from an animation, I could see some light animation coming from the letters. I am not claiming it to be true though, just a thought I had.
    An animation would explain the messy elements. Something that clutters an image while still can be clear while moving. However, while the globe on the original logo used to be animated way back on the original World of Warcraft website, these days I believe only the cinematic ones are ever animated, and this definitely isn't a cinematic render. I know I just got done saying that patterns can always be broken, but this doesn't say enough on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Huh? Those were real leaks from a few days before the announcement which were used in the promotion emails, unless I am mistaken.
    I think he's just trollin' or more likely being cheeky. Like a "nu im a photoshop master" kind of rhetoric, making commentary of that behavior. I think? lol
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I think he's just trollin' or more likely being cheeky. Like a "nu im a photoshop master" kind of rhetoric, commenting on it. I think? lol
    Oh my fault then. I just remember everyone debunking those back before it was announced and it was pretty surprising it ended up being real since that was the first time a logo was actually leaked.

Are we thinking of the same Shadowlands Logo leak? I'm referring to this one, which appears exactly as it does in HD today. (just in lower res wouldn't ya know it.)

and then for the Cinematic, it was 3D rendered, though once again this was not the graphic used on the promotional material.
    They're not actually the same though.

The leaked one isn't just lower res, it's an older iteration that lacks most of the detail. Both are digitally painted, but one is done quickly and one has been properly rendered. That's why in the leaked version you have less detail and slightly adjusted grooves, etc.

Also the HD logo is not your second pictured one, but this one:

Which you can see has the same extra details that the cinematic 3D one has, the much more detailed top bars, etc.

If I wasn't clear enough, my mistake, however the hand-Painted aspect of the Shadowlands logo I tried to acknowledge as my basis for why I feel the Empire of Dragons logo is fake.
    The quality of the Paint-Job doesn't match the SL logo, leaked or otherwise.

and then to circle around to my point about BfA's official logo, the leaked SL logo is far more polished than BfA's photoshopperoo. Why would the style and quality of the handpainted method decline in one expansions time so drastically?

When say, the 9.2 patch frame is pretty well polished. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20211111183656
    Even including new runes, First Ones Cyphers, in place of the classic Titan/Elvish/Demonic classic general runes we've had, and that EoD once again features.
    Not certain they'd put that on the official expack logo, but it shows that they're interested in/have played with that concept going forward.
    The quality of the Empire of Dragons logo is low, and it has problems that I think give it away as a fake, like how badly the colors are used and how clearly someone just went crazy with saturation and hue adjustments on the frame/text.

I was just pointing out that the reason why people (or at least I) dismissed the Shadowlands logo as probably fake, is that it had that in-progress painted look when the BFA logo was a photobashed but very detailed in progress. The intricacy of logos has generally gone up so it was odd to suddenly have something that looked more simplistic than the expansion before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    An animation would explain the messy elements. Something that clutters an image while still can be clear while moving. However, while the globe on the original logo used to be animated way back on the original World of Warcraft website, these days I believe only the cinematic ones are ever animated, and this definitely isn't a cinematic render. I know I just got done saying that patterns can always be broken, but I don't see them changing that right now.
    Yeah that sounds fair. If it is a true leak, it must've gotten from somewhere, getting some half-prepped render wouldn't be too far-fetched. I do think that patterns are patterns for a reason, if the past has shown that it's not the case, it's very unlikely to change now. Not impossible of course, but unlikely

Not to denigrate the EoD's craftmanship btw.

Idk exactly who made it, or if you're lurking watching- but I mean this in the best way possible, when I say it reminds me of Handclaw's painterly artstyle.
    https://handclaw.artstation.com/

I could see them making one to play with us
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I was just pointing out that the reason why people (or at least I) dismissed the Shadowlands logo as probably fake, is that it had that in-progress painted look when the BFA logo was a photobashed but very detailed in progress. The intricacy of logos has generally gone up so it was odd to suddenly have something that looked more simplistic than the expansion before it.
    I've been loving your breakdowns. Not particularly being a fan of Battle for Azeroth's color scheme personally, and just finding Shadowlands' logo overall kinda boring, I never looked too closely at them before and you've made me appreciate the detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoshuanEU View Post
    Yeah that sounds fair. If it is a true leak, it must've gotten from somewhere, getting some half-prepped render wouldn't be too far-fetched. I do think that patterns are patterns for a reason, if the past has shown that it's not the case, it's very unlikely to change now. Not impossible of course, but unlikely
    Even so, if it ends up being real and it's animated on the website, you don't need to say I told you so to me. ;P Animation could definitely explain some of the odd choices and it's a touch they have no outstanding reason not to start doing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Wait are you telling me that an official logo can have
    A border with no obvious design matches to the theme
    Colors that don’t seem to match the stated theme
    And flaws with the lettering???

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I've been loving your breakdowns. Not particularly being a fan of Battle for Azeroth's color scheme personally, and just finding Shadowlands' logo overall kinda boring, I never looked too closely at them before and you've made me appreciate the detail.

Even so, if it ends up being real and it's animated on the website, you don't need to say I told you so to me. ;P Animation could definitely explain some of the odd choices and it's a touch they have no reason not to start doing again.
    Thanks. The art/design aspect of leaks is what always interests me, so I look at viability through that lens if there's not some other blatant tell. Also it's fun trying to figure out where assets come from in doctored leak screenshots and the like.

Animation would explain why there's the weird effect that reduces readability of the expansion title. Though I think it would be a very, very odd choice to put this logo and its animations on a white background after a white fadeout, rather than on a standard black fadeout with a black background. It would just pop a lot better on black.

No, a late in-progress logo can have flaws with the lettering. Shadowlands' border has fairly obvious thematics, there are literally fucking skulls on it.

And the colors are in line with all other logos (few in number, cohesive and contrastive, not overly saturated), and match the Shadowlands theme quite well, bleak, ghostly, dark.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-01-23 at 12:03 AM.

They're not actually the same though.
    -img snip-
    The leaked one isn't just lower res, it's an older iteration that lacks most of the detail. Both are digitally painted, but one is done quickly and one has been properly rendered. That's why in the leaked version you have less detail and slightly adjusted grooves, etc.
    You're going to need to bust out some red circles to highlight the individual pixel you're referring to as being different. As Gifdwarf said, these leaked mere days before the Expansion Announcement, and the very image I linked, the leaked one that you claim was unfinished, was used in promotional material.
    This isn't a case of bad eyesight, or me lying, you've just cropped the same image, in two resolutions.

Also the HD logo is not your second pictured one, but this one:
    -img snip-
    Which you can see has the same extra details that the cinematic 3D one has, the much more detailed top bars, etc.
    I'm not about to learn how to create a gif, or go creating a video making that image fade away overtop of the regularly proportioned SL logo just to convince you of blatant truths. This is just arguing for the sake of arguing on your part, right? I'm confused.

I was just pointing out that the reason why people (or at least I) dismissed the Shadowlands logo as probably fake,
    If you thought the only real Logo Leak was fake (and you seem reluctant to admit even that one being 'real'), why should we trust your judgement now? Especially given the SL logo confusion you're harboring.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

This is old news. It was real and leaked in 2019. The reasoning for it having flaws was explained by Hitei.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    So Shadowlands doesn't have the TM but EoD does, did someone answer why that might be?

Did Shadowlands ever even get trademarked?
    Some Legion Logos have it, some dont. Cataclysm doesn't have it.
    Depends if they can get the Trademark or not

- - - Updated - - -

If you thought the only real Logo Leak was fake (and you seem reluctant to admit even that one being 'real'), why should we trust your judgement now? Especially given the SL logo confusion you're harboring.

Didn't the WoD logo also get leaked? Albeit by Blizz in an official video but still
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Didn't the WoD logo also get leaked? Albeit by Blizz in an official video but still
    IIRC it was the day of or right before the WoD reveal, like extremely close to it's announcement, and they accidentally had the WoD logo in the background of one of the dev interviews, I don't remember people talking about it much though.

EoD is the first leak I’ve seen that apparently has Light/Void hints, is dragon themed AND has a direct hint that it is in fact Cata 2 (the crack on Azeroth which may be a result of the Jailer’s laser). Sooooo many leaks leave out Xalatath and Turalyon and think it’s going to be solely dragon themed.

Shame about the dumb name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    That's right, however the more 'dubious' forum-leak we got was this one https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ahX-zkakQRI/maxresdefault.jpg, so if we're going by non-blizz sources- that's not the WoD logo but I get you.

and even Battle for Azeroth had a name leak, on a Logo:

It's just the logo wasn't the official, real one.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

It's just the logo wasn't the official, real one.
    I think the website had a battle-for-azeroth page listed which was accessible by people but it had nothing there, just that it was registered on their site, so people made logos around that being the name. I remember this forum discovering that, was a pretty fun time to be here.