So are we expecting some sort of announcement at TGA now?

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I doubt this as if Zovaal is supposed to be the end of Book 1. They would probably open the book after it rather than prior to it with TGA announcements.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I doubt this as if Zovaal is supposed to be the end of Book 1. They would probably open the book after it rather than prior to it with TGA announcements.
    "one book" not "book one".

Still, narratively it would make more sense to have people experience what happens in the game before the announcement spoils things. Especially since it isn't terribly likely that we'll see 10.0 go live before the latter part of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    • This is about the time of year they announce a new expansion
    • Geoff said they got a ton of last-minute premier trailer submissions for this years awards (right after announcement to cancel feb blizzconline)
    • Geoff specifically commenting on Activision Blizzard (although expecting them to reject coverage of Activision products is rediculous, as these kinds of scandals are all over the game industry. Example, some of the people accused of harassment when they worked at Blizzard are now working at Riot, Epic, etc.)
    All signs point to yes.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean I just hope this isn't the grand reveal of Destiny 2ing WoW to the point where the Content Patches become $40 packs.

If there's anything please let that not be what this is going to be.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why are players so infatuated with the idea that WoW is going to be added on consoles? Is it really just because FFXIV did and it kinda worked there? Even being really charitable the two are really different in how they play, and gamepad for WoW is possible only in the sense that its also technically possible to play by not using keybinds.

The supposed gamepad reveals have consistently been just around the corner for years now, and they never materialize, and the reason couldnt be more clear: The game isnt built to support the kind of casual gameplay that a gamepad is built for, but rather being designed around mouse and keyboard.

Maybe if WoW really scaled down the complexity, but the game seems to be readding extraneous stuff that players might want, a gamepad would just complicate these things.
    Personally, I've always wanted WoW on consoles. I'm just more of a console player than pc, I prefer to hang back in my couch and play in my big tv, I prefer playing with a controller. I guess it's mostly habit from growing up on consoles.
    And I have played WoW quite a lot on a ps4 controller on my tv. It's feasible, but clearly not optimal. I think official support for it could improve on existing addons.
    But I understand it's not an easy task at all. The thing I had the most trouble with was typing text, but I'm casual and I was just leveling.

On pc I like using an mmo mouse with 12 buttons on the side, and another on top to add another 12. I only use the keyboard to walk and talk basically. I really like it.
    I just don't like having to slouch over in a desk for hours to play WoW after having worked for hours in a desk.

Though I really have no leaning on the rumor. I'll wait and see. Wished they could do it and in an intuitive, good way. But I don't have any expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Personally, I've always wanted WoW on consoles. I'm just more of a console player than pc, I prefer to hang back in my couch and play in my big tv, I prefer playing with a controller. I guess it's mostly habit from growing up on consoles.
    And I have played WoW quite a lot on a ps4 controller on my tv. It's feasible, but clearly not optimal. I think official support for it could improve on existing addons.
    But I understand it's not an easy task at all. The thing I had the most trouble with was typing text, but I'm casual and I was just leveling.

On pc I like using an mmo mouse with 12 buttons on the side, and another on top to add another 12. I only use the keyboard to walk and talk basically. I really like it.
    I just don't like having to slouch over in a desk for hours to play WoW after having worked for hours in a desk.

Though I really have no leaning on the rumor. I'll wait and see. Wished they could do it and in an intuitive, good way. But I don't have any expectations.
    Always wished they leaned harder into Action Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Well yeah, and with good reason. It's a train-wreck of an expansion.

I never said I was surprised Pikachu. I'm only affirming that 9.2 continues the trend.

Not really. There are frogs and other animals which look slightly robotic. I don't think they look colourful or even remotely interesting. Just lazy. Like, here's a bunch of re-used assets but we made them robotic. Oh and it's totally not just a rehashed Titan creation concept, no no. It's "First Ones tech".

And we should continue getting that. It's the freaking reason the WoW universe is popular in the first place. It's a dumb version of Lord of the Rings, easy to enjoy and get immersed into. If faced with the choice, I'd choose ten versions of Kul Tiras over a bunch of swing-and-miss alien concepts like the Shadowlands.

These developers are standing on the shoulders of giants. The reasons they have jobs in the first place is because they happened to be apprentices at Blizzard when people like Metzen steered the ship. But they have no bloody clue about what makes Warcraft so special, judging by the quality of Shadowlands.

BfA was to a large extent probably mapped out by Tom Chilton and the old gang, by the way. The details were probably developed under Hazzikostas though.
    Obviously you are fed up with WoW. Do yourself (and us) a favor and move on. It's not healthy clinging to a toxic relationship.
    New World is waiting for you. You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    • This is about the time of year they announce a new expansion
    • Geoff said they got a ton of last-minute premier trailer submissions for this years awards (right after announcement to cancel feb blizzconline)
    • Geoff specifically commenting on Activision Blizzard (although expecting them to reject coverage of Activision products is rediculous, as these kinds of scandals are all over the game industry. Example, some of the people accused of harassment when they worked at Blizzard are now working at Riot, Epic, etc.)
    All signs point to yes.
    Game Awards is in 5 days. When Legion was going to be announced in 2015 at Gamescom they posted an official post so people could get hyped up to tune in and watch. They posted this on July 29 and the announcement happened on August 6. If they were going to announce an expansion at the game awards they would have mentioned it by now.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...214347264?s=20
    So that's that. No WoW announcements at the game awards, as expected.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2021-12-04 at 08:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Come, now. You know at least 70% of the playerbase hates Shadowlands.
    And at least 90% of the statistics are made on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I really don't see them doing ANY live audience reveals for some time, given the situation.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-12-04 at 08:30 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course expac reveal there would be bad for several reasons. First, takes away attention from 9.2 which is shaping to be really solid patch, far better that first impression taken from that strange reveal video.

Second, game awards audience is not blizzard/wow audience. It's like showing big NFL news on some football (soccer) event in Europe. Even best 10.0 reveal with all out wishes fulfilled would get more negative than positive reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Always wished they leaned harder into Action Cam.

[video]
    I faintly remember the Action Cam was neat, but that it was giving players motion sickness. Might have been why it isnt pushed as hard as it maybe should be.

Would be neat if we got more stuff like it though, not necessarily things that would always be on but ways to make exploring the world more cinematic than it currently is. Not sure what that something would be though.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, they went hard on Sylvi during interrogations:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Damn, they went hard on Sylvi during interrogations:

[img]
    "Presenting: The Sylvbox."
    "All the schizophrenic tone and blatant character assassination in a smaller, more mobile package."
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    "Squarevanas Boxrunner, The Geometry Queen"

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Wow, they are really hurting the wrong one here. It's not the games fault that the studio had assholes in it ... that's just an example of wrong cancel culture.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Wow, they are really hurting the wrong one here. It's not the games fault that the studio had assholes in it ... that's just an example of wrong cancel culture.
    I think you're reading a bit much into this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think you're reading a bit much into this.
    "Incredible games — and the talented developers who build them — are who we want to celebrate." he literally said wow is not incredible enough to be celebrated here lmao.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No...no it's not