10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    dadgar is getting old....whos ready for MEDAN!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

thats true but you use the previous patterns to shoehorn your justifications
    No, I'm using the fact that they're both dragon-based items.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, you're mistaking a common occurence for a definitive pattern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you're mistaking a common occurence for a definitive pattern.
    What pattern? I’m simply saying that two dragon items (mount and pet) are clues towards a dragon expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    When you're a tank. These trees aren't just for DDs.
    Even as a tank and healer though, healer potency conduits are super strong. The defensive conduits are usually just bad or only like 2 of them are relevant.

As a Prot Paladin, being able to take my covenant conduit is way better defensively than getting some wimpy shield on Word of Glory, the rest of the tank potency conduits are still good because damage yields to stronger aggro-gen and being able to finish packs before CD's run out.

The point still stands that there's no reason why we can't have it all and have to make concessions though. Legion proved that you can have both without the game falling apart.

If they're worried about balance then tune the content to be harder to account for it (like they did for all 9.2 content, both the raid and M+ were tuned around tier/leggos.)
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

and you say "its a store mount so it shows the next expansion" when it fits 0 patterns

What pattern? I’m simply saying that two dragon items (mount and pet) are clues towards a dragon expansion.
    You know what pattern. After all, that's what you used to justify them as clues even though they don't even fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    and you say "its a store mount so it shows the next expansion" when it fits 0 patterns
    Again, I’m saying they’re dragon items, and most people are saying the next expansion is dragons. That being the case, how are those items not showing the next expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

You know what pattern. After all, that's what you used to justify them as clues even though they don't even fit.
    How do dragons not fit a dragon expansion?

Again, I’m saying they’re dragon items, and most people are saying the next expansion is dragons. That being the case, how are those items not showing the next expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

How do dragons not fit a dragon expansion?
    w know nothing about the next expansion
    we dont know if its dragons
    we dont know if its murlocs
    we do know the last store mount before the announcement hints towards the next expansion

how does a store mount released last expansion after the SL announcement and a pet for an anniversary hint towards the next expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons in a dragon expansion? Too obvious~!

10+ Year Old Account
    we do know the last store mount before the announcement hints towards the next expansion

how does a store mount released last expansion after the SL announcement and a pet for an anniversary hint towards the next expansion?
    The leading contender for the next expansion’s theme is a dragon-based expansion with dragon isles. This is nothing new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I don't really think they are awful writers, I think its a mixture of the WoW patch cycle being a bad medium for telling a story, and an inability to adjust to that. To tell a narrative epic like Warcraft 3, it needs to be coherent, and ideally released in one wave.

The way they tell the WoW story is like giving you 1/4 of a movie on day 1, while planning to have a 4 part movie, then the guys upstairs tell you one day "Woops, can you make it three parts?" You adjust it to that, "No wait, 2 parts? Wait, just kidding, 4 parts... No, wait, 3 parts!"

WoW, as we know is super prone to rapid and large-scale changes in the patch cycle as we've seen in Shadowlands and WoD getting gutted. You can't tell a narratively complex story around that.

I think Danuser could tell something much much much more coherent if given the medium to do it. We need a complete story on day 1, or the story needs to be toned down and made more subtle like it used to be.
    shadowlands and bfa are both awful, this is a reflection of writers, there is no one else to put the blame but then, the cycle is not what bad, but how they chose to divide an awful story in those different patches. With cliffhangers and wait and sees.

Its so bad that we can get confusions and discrepancy from one patch to another. Danuser could not tell something coherent if coherence it was shoved up his butt.

Again, or they get better writers or some reality check saying what they doing is awful and is not working

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Most games can release a complete story on day 1 though, Final Fantasy can, Guild Wars 2 can, SWTOR used to be capable of it, and that's just MMOs. If WoW wants to tell a serious narrative like its trying to do now, it needs to change the pacing.
    Then what's the point of content patches?

- - - Updated - - -

Look, Blizzard has a history of hinting and outright previewing future content. They have done it for years, and they're doing it now. It's as simple as that.
    Nope. They don't. What you have is a severe case of confirmation bias. We have way more stuff in the game that is not a hint of anything than we have things that could be considered hints.

What you're doing is a fallacy. It's "counting the hits and ignoring the misses". Anything-- and I do anything-- that you consider to be a "hint" is just confirmation bias. Nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Your interpretation of the facts is undeniably faulty, though.

I think the likeliest next expansion destination will be a Dragon themed realm, what if the Emerald Dream is merely the Emerald's corner of the Life Lands, aka Azeroth's world-soul, and there are other destinations, including wherever the Ruby/Obsidian Sanctums are. This could be the Dragon Isles, which could also be the 'Life Lands', where Elune is seated.

Eonar must have had a connection to this place too, when she interfaced with Azeroth's world-soul. So there could be some Titan influences there, Eonar and Elune interacting in the Dream/Lifelands/Dragonlands could explain the shared use of the name Kalimdor, and could explain why the Titan Pantheon was in possession of a Tear of Elune. It could explain why the Dragons have been elevated by both Titans and by Elune.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

There's lots that point to an expansion with a big dragon focus though.
    Datamined dragon mount, store mounts/packages for dragons, several dragon-related audio books being re-released with new narrators, etc.

Dragons might not be the main focus of the xpac and they could just be factions/covenants for the next expansion, but hints do point to them playing a big role.
    Chen isn't a Monk

The leading contender for the next expansion’s theme is a dragon-based expansion with dragon isles. This is nothing new.
    according to the community and not according to blizzard yes

or did i miss something from blizzard saying "hey guys dragon isles are coming"

the forums say dragons so old dragon mount and pet are hints toward new expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    There's lots that point to an expansion with a big dragon focus though.
    Datamined dragon mount, store mounts/packages for dragons, several dragon-related audio books being re-released with new narrators, etc.

Dragons might not be the main focus of the xpac and they could just be factions/covenants for the next expansion, but hints do point to them playing a big role.
    we had a cat pack released as well
    the latest store mount is a cat that mentions the sun
    we have a whisper talking about the sun
    we have elves getting a focus in 9.2.5

dont get me wrong i want it to be dragons and the EoA leak seems likely BUT im not going to just say "oh yeah this is a thing so it means dragons" like taking a dragon from last expansion and calling it a hint
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2022-03-27 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    God I wish;

It's one of those "has literally everything I'd want" leaks, so I'm just gonna huff hopium until the 19th and then not be surprised when it's not that
    Its definitely the most believeable on yet, but my favorite leak so far is still Ashes of Galakaros by a mile.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Calia is actually the Golden one claiming a vacant throne? Turalyon might have been a red hering.

Oh brother....

Look, Blizzard has a history of hinting and outright previewing future content. They have done it for years, and they're doing it now. It's as simple as that.
    You're not in a position to condescend to anyone. You treat everything as a "hint of content to come" when most of the time these "hints" end up being foreshadowing of nothing.

Remember when everyone thought the Maw Sylvanas was talking about at the end of bfa was Yogg Sauron? Or when they thought the void elf strings were foreshadowing the factions were being replaced with a light/void faction system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Because most people think of gazlowe or engineering when thinking about tinkers. Which is honestly a boring concept but most importantly isn't serious enough for the player to feel important and badass. The engineer from gw2 is a great example how to make a unique and fun (and flashy/cool looking) tinker class.
    I feel like Tinker might even be a single spec of 2-3 specs. Probably a ranged dps spec. Then a tank and healing spec perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Ah that makes sense to tackle that story plot then
    But if thats the case wouldnt they want to wrap the plot up in the zone if we get a revamp? Kinda makes a revamp less likely imo.

You guys realize that new quests in the Ghostlands completely DESTROYS an EK revamp right? They wouldn't add new quests to these zones if they were just going to replace them a patch later.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between obviousness and certainty. I believe that while the Tinker has obvious inroads towards becoming a class in WoW, It isn't a certainty that it's going to happen. I do believe though that if there is a next class, it's going to be the Tinker. Lack of a new class in Shadowlands pretty much confirmed that, because the only class really rivalling the Tinker concept was Dark Rangers.
    So you think a tinker is more likely than a Dragon Knight or whatever in a Dragon expansion? I could see either admitedly, but i think more people would be excited over a dragon class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I 100% do not want anything big or cosmic threatening Azeroth for the next expansion.

Like bruh let us breathe.

Azeroth needs a lot of TLC before the next big bad shows up
    I agree. World revamp or laid back Dragon Isles for 10.0. Id like to visit Karesh for 11.0 though.