Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Has anyone watched MrGM's new video that came out a few hours ago? He briefly said he "heard rumors going around about an Evoker class or race", but I never heard of this rumor before this thread began discussing it earlier.
    As it came out today the source of the rumor likely is this thread/RedShirtGuy's Twitter thread on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    THIS part always bothered me. The timing was just a little too perfect. Like, there was hours between the two. What are the odds?
    Assuming that both ultimately originate with the final preparations for a marketing push... the odds are probably better than one would think at first glance.

THIS part always bothered me. The timing was just a little too perfect. Like, there was hours between the two. What are the odds?
    No idea, maybe the art was leaked and then they searched for the Dragonflight page on the website?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Do we have an actual verified first source? Last I saw was just the claim that it was "on reddit" prior.
    The redditor claimed it was from somewhere on twiter.

Is it possible the artwork is legit but the logo is fake? Now that the picture is zoomed in, I don't know. What's that very visible white border for? Why does the subtitle not have a name plate? And the logo shape is somehow off. Can't explain it, but it feels wrong.

Pixel hunting on an image that blurry seems futile. It's entirely possible too that this new logo hasn't been consistently applied to all material yet, or isn't meant to be in the first place. I'm a little surprised there wasn't more debate about the expansion title no longer having a connected background to the main logo, something that only started with TBC Classic's logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Do we have an actual verified first source? Last I saw was just the claim that it was "on reddit" prior.
    Yes. Reddit doesn't have a direct timestamp (that I am aware of) but the post already said it was posted 2-3 hours old when the javascript title leak got uncovered on here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    No idea, maybe the art was leaked and then they searched for the Dragonflight page on the website?
    an interesting idea.

If you can pull up the original Reddit post, hovering over the Posted X days ago should give an exact timestamp.

Has anyone watched MrGM's new video that came out a few hours ago? He briefly said he "heard rumors going around about an Evoker class or race", but I never heard of this rumor before this thread began discussing it earlier.
    Shouldn't it be Invoker and not Evoker.

To invoke means to call upon something.

To evoke means to call something from memory.

One would assume they are invoking the power of the dragons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    . I'm a little surprised there wasn't more debate about the expansion title no longer having a connected background to the main logo, something that only started with TBC Classic's logo.
    Is that for or against the leak being legit?

Is that for or against the leak being legit?
    Just a neutral observation, can't really go off the Classic logo because you could always say it's just something they're doing for Classic and not the main game. If it is real, it seems like they're breaking away from that consistent logo design entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Shouldn't it be Invoker and not Evoker.

To invoke means to call upon something.

To evoke means to call something from memory.

One would assume they are invoking the power of the dragons.
    Evocation is also defined as "the action of invoking a spirit or deity."

So it works.

Further, evoking is derived from French "évoquer" which is itself derived from Latin "evoco" which means "to call out, summon".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Fuck, the hype is getting to me. SIX DAYS!

What is an Evoker and why are people speculating it? I know it's "like a Summoner" but we already have one of those and if we need another, Necromancers are right there

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    What is an Evoker and why are people speculating it? I know it's "like a Summoner" but we already have one of those and if we need another, Necromancers are right there
    I believe the general idea is a class that evokes, or calls upon, the powers of a dragon.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you can pull up the original Reddit post, hovering over the Posted X days ago should give an exact timestamp.
    April 3 2022, 3:20:01 AM Central European Summer Time

Pixel hunting on an image that blurry seems futile. It's entirely possible too that this new logo hasn't been consistently applied to all material yet, or isn't meant to be in the first place. I'm a little surprised there wasn't more debate about the expansion title no longer having a connected background to the main logo, something that only started with TBC Classic's logo.
    I strongly considered pointing this out, but the artwork itself seemed really enough and didn't return anything from minor searching (besides the fact that the staff is frustratingly familiar) and the name was right so I didn't prod too much into it

Also this isn't quite accurate, regular Classic's logo was also an unframed subtitle.

Which I feel like is another point against this logo... it seemed like they were doing the unframed thing to distinguish Classic as being not an expansion, but a modification of existing world of warcraft. My first thought was definitely "that's weird and seems fake" ditto the world now being high up instead of framed, but it's entirely possible they just decided to update the image a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have serious doubts that that is true. Blizzard wouldn’t just materialize a class and race out of thin air without any seeding or background in the game world. If they didn’t do it for Shadowlands, they’re not going to do it in this expansion, especially with Alexstraza on the cover.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Feniela and Scaleface, who supposedly know what's in store, are teasing it.

An Evokar would evoke the powers of the dragonflights, not summon things.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I have serious doubts that that is true. Blizzard wouldn’t just materialize a class and race out of thin air without any seeding or background in the game world. If they didn’t do it for Shadowlands, they’re not going to do it in this expansion, especially with Alexstraza on the cover.
    I think if the Evoker is real it will be dragon related, though I'm not sure why they wouldn't just call it a Dragonsworn. Maybe @Scaleface will reveal more during the days leading up to the announcement. Idk.