Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Those plates were built by Goblins, as was the Dragon Soul.

We also had its companion pet the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling come out in June of 2021. I would implore people to read the lore behind both of these items. They are….. interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing about titan tech, or titans empowering dragons involves space. It’s all based on Azeroth. Titan technology and them empowering the dragons was all an effort to prevent the old gods from corrupting Azeroth, the sleeping Titan.
    I mean Deathwing just incorporated all of the elements: a dragon, corrupted by an Old Gold (aka Void) and enhanced by metallic plates or whatever.

So something related to dragons, void and Titan / engineer stuff isn’t too far off.

Maybe there’s an entire mechanical Dragonflight created by the titans hiding somewhere? Possibilities.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Those plates were built by Goblins, as was the Dragon Soul.
    So Dragons + Metal != Titans, then?

https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1486108106790555650

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ybarra
    Blizzard is a big studio and we have talented and growing teams supporting live games as well. Over the coming weeks, you'll be hearing more on that from Warcraft and Overwatch. Diablo will follow. Stay tuned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's go to bed then.

Welp

Can’t say I’m entirely surprised

Over the coming weeks. Okay, guess that means sometime around mid February. It’s quite fitting though, Guild Wars 2 will get its next expansion by the end of February.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess we're waiting for a while then.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

1+ Year Old Account
    I predict we will be closer to 2000 pages than to 1000 pages by the time a 10.0 announcement comes out (not an announcement for an announcement...THE announcement).

Can he stop playing games and just say the exact day when he is going to announce the new expansion (since only 10 people care about 9.2's release date)? That would be appreciated
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    [*]The blurb is at a 10 when it needs to be more like a 7 with its three exclamation points.
    I agree actually. I tried it with calmer versions and liked it way better, but it didn't match the pattern of following the SL layout mostly. You'll see I did omit one exclamation mark from the "Journey to Dragonmire!" that has it in "Enter The Shadowlands!"

There's some people who'd perhaps then compare them the opposite way, saying "Oh look it's missing some exclamation points, pretty inaccurate. :P " lol, but ty for the tips
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can he stop playing games and just say the exact day when he is going to announce the new expansion (since only 10 people care about 9.2's release date)? That would be appreciated
    That's the problem with Blizzard, they never know exactly. Always with the "Soon, in a few days, over the coming weeks"...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Feel lied to" He didn't lie to you though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean they probably don't want to give an exact date until they nail down how they want the presentation to go and what to say (if it is regarding 10.0)

Last thing they want is to give the announcement date and then not be ready by then or not have enough time to QC it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Plenty of time to keep the train rolling. Choochoo!
    Do you think Ion is going to make an appearance with Vol-de-Tort?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    (I inferred a set of details that were by no means set in stone, and if my immediate inferences are not confirmed) then I will feel lied to.
    You seem fun.

I think it was a bit irresponsible of Mike Ybarra to suggest last week in his blog post that we'd get a bunch of news this week, NGL.

I understand that from his POV, being able to confirm a new IP is exciting. He has seen the internal builds or whatever. But from our perspective it doesn't really mean much. The game is years away, and we have no information on it except for the theme hinted at in concept art.

The week isn't over, but if there's nothing significant about WoW or Overwatch this week then I will feel lied to.
    Why though? His statement was exciting things to share. They just announced a new IP. With that alone he already fulfilled what he promised. Exciting things doesn’t imply more than one thing as it’s just a worn out phrase and must not be taken literally. It’s not like he said something about Blizzard‘s IPs anyway, it was just a very vague statement that could man anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a bit irresponsible of Mike Ybarra to suggest last week in his blog post that we'd get a bunch of news this week, NGL.

I understand that from his POV, being able to confirm a new IP is exciting. He has seen the internal builds or whatever. But from our perspective it doesn't really mean much. The game is years away, and we have no information on it except for the theme hinted at in concept art.

The week isn't over, but if there's nothing significant about WoW or Overwatch this week then I will feel lied to.
    We can still get a release candidate and date for 9.2.
    Tho 9.2 release date IMO objectively isn't the same as starting a new IP (tho they could've at least given the name and a few concept artworks)
    Everybody in their right mind however knew that no 10.0 info would come this week
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

And again, if they have news about Overwatch, Diablo and Warcraft to share and heck even a brand new IP to announce (which happened the last time in 2013/2014 with Overwatch), why the hell did they cancel Blizzconline / their online event? They could have just kept it as very tuned down online event. Just feels so weird that they cancelled it although they seem to be in dire need of exactly something like an event where they can announce new stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Leadership goes straight for the Japanese Company way of doing announcements now. I don't know anymore, just hoping the news from Warcraft isn't just the 9.2 Release Date now.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And again, if they have news about Overwatch, Diablo and Warcraft to share and heck even a brand new IP to announce (which happened the last time in 2013/2014 with Overwatch), why the hell did they cancel Blizzconline / their online event? They could have just kept it as very tuned down online event. Just feels so weird that they cancelled it although they seem to be in dire need of exactly something like an event where they can announce new stuff.
    Because they likely didn't want to spend any time on the additional marketing, panels and whatever else doing a Blizzconline entails. Just having some announcements isn't worth calling it a Blizzcon in any fashion.