Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Tensions are fine. But they shouldn't constantly be trying to slit each other's throat while somebody else is trying to sink the entire ship. You can have plenty of tensions without open war, as well, and they aren't necessarily always going to follow clear Alliance/Horde lines.
    Ok, so where have the new BGs been? Faction tensions as they stand right now obviously aren't enough to make Blizzard interested enough in developing a new BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Ok, so where have the new BGs been? Faction tensions as they stand right now obviously aren't enough to make Blizzard interested enough in developing a new BG.
    They are releasing 2 new arenas, solo que and they hired pvp devs for future content. So you are just flat out wrong. peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    They are releasing 2 new arenas, solo que and they hired pvp devs for future content. So you are just flat out wrong. peace
    I didn't say anything about arenas. I said BGs and PvP zones. I'll believe the new PvP devs are developing new content rather than doing typical balance work/new queue systems when I see it.

Just think, we just had a literal faction conflict expansion and all we got was a single new BG. It's obvious the direction Blizzard wants to move and it's away from all things related to faction tension.

You only need two opposed factions for that, though. And with Cross-Faction PvP, you don't even need them to be Horde and Alliance aligned anymore. So if anything, this should make it easier for them to make new BGs.

I think the far bigger issue is that there aren't that many options for workable mechanics and they don't like doing reruns much.

I didn't say anything about arenas. I said BGs and PvP zones. I'll believe the new PvP devs are developing new content rather than doing typical balance work/new queue systems when I see it.

Just think, we just had a literal faction conflict expansion and all we got was a single new BG. It's obvious the direction Blizzard wants to move and it's away from all things related to faction tension.
    You said bgs and pvp CONTENT. arenas and soloq are pvp content. Again, you were wrong.

Also, you have no idea if any bgs are in the works or not.

You only need two opposed factions for that, though. And with Cross-Faction PvP, you don't even need them to be Horde and Alliance aligned anymore. So if anything, this should make it easier for them to make new BGs.

I think the far bigger issue is that there aren't that many options for workable mechanics and they don't like doing reruns much.
    I'll believe it when I see it. We've had 1 BG since WoD, and we're moving away from faction tensions. This is not a good sign for the development of PvP content.

You said bgs and pvp CONTENT. arenas and soloq are pvp content. Again, you were wrong.

Also, you have no idea if any bgs are in the works or not.
    My apologies, I should have said arenas excluded. Please forgive me, oh lord.

I'll believe it when I see it. We've had 1 BG since WoD, and we're moving away from faction tensions. This is not a good sign for the development of PvP content.

Yea well arenas are the main pvp content, so why would you exclude them?

And as i just said that likely has far more to do with them not having had any good working ideas for new BGs, and very little with the story.

Some of the BGs barely even make sense storywise. Like the whole minecart deal or the mogu temple.

Yea well arenas are the main pvp content, so why would you exclude them?
    Because I'm excluding content that has nothing to do with faction tensions. Larger scaled pvp revolves around faction tension.

Because I'm excluding content that has nothing to do with faction tensions. Larger scaled pvp revolves around faction tension.
    Most BGs have nothing to do with the HvA conflict.

But arenas were faction locked just like bgs and you could already queue vs your own faction in bgs just like arenas. None of them had anythign to do with faction wars already.

But arenas were faction locked just like bgs and you could already queue vs your own faction in bgs just like arenas. None of them had anythign to do with faction wars already.
    Look, you guys can argue with me all you want. I'm just saying I do not foresee Blizzard bothering with BGs and world PvP zones long term anymore. Plain and simple I don't see them doing it anymore. I want to be wrong, but I just don't see them bothering to devote resources to it any more if they haven't already in the last few years.

1+ Year Old Account
    10.0 HYPE! Keep it positive

So what they're doing is making that a matter of personal choice. The Horde & Alliance conflict will still exist, but just like theres only a percentage of players who care about PVP, you get to decide if the character you play as cares about the horde/alliance conflict.

If they clearly weren't getting rid of the faction war entirely when Anduin & Baine were having gd sleepovers at the end of BFA, they aren't getting rid of it now.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-01 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    So what they're doing is making that a matter of personal choice. The Horde & Alliance conflict will still exist, but just like theres only a percentage of players who care about PVP, you get to decide if the character you play as cares about the horde/alliance conflict.
    There's a lot of "could" in what you're saying. I just don't think Blizzard will bother to work on anything more than arenas anymore.

Look, you guys can argue with me all you want. I'm just saying I do not foresee Blizzard bothering with BGs and world PvP zones long term anymore. Plain and simple I don't see them doing it anymore. I want to be wrong, but I just don't see them bothering to devote resources to it any more if they haven't already in the last few years.
    Probably not, no, but that's far more down to PvP just not being that big a thing. There is little reason to accept your assertion that this would somehow be connected to the faction conflict.

WoW is ultimately a PvE game first and foremost.

There's a lot of "could" in what you're saying. I just don't think Blizzard will bother to work on anything more than arenas anymore.
    PvP is still an important draw of the game. PvPers are pretty much the only group not running for the proverbial FFXIV hills right now. And for that the Horde & Alliance aesthetic is easier than having none at all.

I think you're imagining the Horde/Alliance aesthetic have some intrinsic value to the mechanics of the game, which hasn't been true since they removed the faction-specific classes. Like all the story, it's just window dressing.

Probably not, no, but that's far more down to PvP just not being that big a thing. There is little reason to accept your assertion that this would somehow be connected to the faction conflict.

WoW is ultimately a PvE game first and foremost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    PvP is still an important draw of the game. PvPers are pretty much the only group not running for the proverbial FFXIV hills right now. And for that the Horde & Alliance aesthetic is easier than having none at all.

I think you're imagining the Horde/Alliance aesthetic have some intrinsic value to the mechanics of the game, which hasn't been true since they removed the faction-specific classes. Like all the story, it's just window dressing.
    I don't even know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    This cross-faction gameplay has NOTHING to do with lore or game development.

It is there just to EASE life for wow players who have MANY friends in both factions. Or even to ease life for ALLIANCE playerbase which is.... close to non-existent in raid scene atm.

Faction tensions are still present to this day. Or could be even worse if lore-team decides to make it so.

But EVEN THEN- we can still have cross-faction INSTANCED gameplay.
    No no no
    You in your instance playing with others ruins my immersion in MY instance

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    No no no
    You in your instance playing with others ruins my immersion in MY instance

Error 404: care not found.