10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Both of them should just straight up wear leather. The upgrade to mail was only a gameplay concession for long forgotten systems. Shamans are tribal priests, no reason why they should wear anything other than leather. Hunters in WoW were always closer to the classical ranger in gameplay and theme than they were to a chainmail wearing crossbow marksmen.
    Shaman becoming plate would be like a nightmare change for me, it's already hard enough finding decent mail pieces for my ideal shaman look that aren't straight up shaman tier items (I just want some more clothy or leathery tribal looking skirts please, not overly complex looking metal themed monstrosities). Cloth and leather are the only things that make sense, and since you can't mix and match both anymore I guess it would have to be cloth if hunter was going leather already since leather would then have 5 different classes using it. Obviously cloth wouldn't suit a hunter at all. But it probably makes more sense lorewise for shaman to be leather as well.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm assuming somehow the influence of the former LK helm did it but yeah, there's no reasoning behind it. Might make sense if Zovaal was doing it knowing he's losing out of spite but that also is a bit too similar to someone else(Sargeras stabbing azeroth).
    It's especially nonsensical since he's supposedly purging the Scourge. What's the point of doing that and then dumping a giant dragon Necromancer on the place?

I don't get why people are so enamored with Galakrond coming back anyway. I'm not really getting the feeling Blizzard actually cares about him much as anything other than the past of the Aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to why he would raise Galakrond. That doesn't seem to serve any real purpose.
    Listen don't you know you make a sick cinematic that makes very little sense and then retcon everything after?

No going based on the whispers of ilg I had speculated that The Golden One was Anduin and the frozen Throne was the vacant vacant Throne. And that the crown of light will bring only darkness meaning that he is a slave to the will of the light forces.... I don't really wanna go through the entire explanation considering it won't happen lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ethule View Post
    Listen don't you know you make a sick cinematic that makes very little sense and then retcon everything after?

No going based on the whispers of ilg I had speculated that The Golden One was Anduin and the frozen Throne was the vacant vacant Throne. And that the crown of light will bring only darkness meaning that he is a slave to the will of the light forces.... I don't really wanna go through the entire explanation considering it won't happen lmao
    Of course it won't happen because the whole thing doesn't make a lick of sense even by itself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk why people want to see Galakrond... Dude got beaten by proto drakes. Weaker than onyxia
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for the actual 10.0 announcement to have nothing at all to do with Dragons. As exciting as it is reading through all of these leaks, I'm also trying to be realistic and save myself from disappointment. Truthfully, I'll be happy with any direction they go as long as it WOWs me. If I watch the cinematic/features trailer and don't feel HYPE then it's whatever, I'll still play it because I'm a WoW addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Shadowlands is a low budget expansion compared to BFA. If the next expansion is the same, it's over. They will be working on a new expansion for a long time, a year or three.
    People really don't understand how this game is made. The model is to release a new expansion every 2 years, like always & that model still works: Look at FFXIV. And secondly, expansions don't really have a budget, they have operating costs: For example, they don't suddenly layoff a bunch of employees when the expansion is released, like studios would do with a static release. The scope of an expansion is more the result of management, not budget.

You could point to a bunch of venture capitalists cashing out in 2018 affecting production, but that's not the same thing as "budget"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I'm waiting for the actual 10.0 announcement to have nothing at all to do with Dragons. As exciting as it is reading through all of these leaks, I'm also trying to be realistic and save myself from disappointment. Truthfully, I'll be happy with any direction they go as long as it WOWs me. If I watch the cinematic/features trailer and don't feel HYPE then it's whatever, I'll still play it because I'm a WoW addict.
    The wow teeter-totter of "Needing to make new characters to keep people interested" vs "people don't like our new characters lets just do fanservice"

So many games do this thing where they throw out the most barebones design of a character to see what sticks under slim chance it will resonate with people, when you want to just tell them "of course no one liked this new character, you didn't spend any time developing them." Netherrealm & Gearbox do this a lot.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-05 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Idk why people want to see Galakrond... Dude got beaten by proto drakes. Weaker than onyxia
    He’s a big, mindless dragon. He’d be worse than cataclysm deathwing, and he was horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

15+ Year Old Account
    I don’t even know what/who the hell Galakaros is. Blizzard is not that stupid to include a name that over 90% of players don’t know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's especially nonsensical since he's supposedly purging the Scourge. What's the point of doing that and then dumping a giant dragon Necromancer on the place?

I don't get why people are so enamored with Galakrond coming back anyway. I'm not really getting the feeling Blizzard actually cares about him much as anything other than the past of the Aspects.
    Galakrond’s rest map being datamined a while back. It’s a reused area but nothing new came out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    I don’t even know what/who the hell Galakaros is. Blizzard is not that stupid to include a name that over 90% of players don’t know.
    The jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    He’s a big, mindless dragon. He’d be worse than cataclysm deathwing, and he was horrible.
    ...I know damn well you didn't just say this unironically?

- - - Updated - - -

The jailer.
    The Jailer is Zovaal...

Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account

Rhymes with "Brovaal the Stailer"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The Jailer is Zovaal...

Oh wait...

Please remember to where sunglasses as you peer at the point soaring over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The Jailer is Zovaal...

Oh wait...
    Sure did. It’s a big, mindless, dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Galakrond’s rest map being datamined a while back. It’s a reused area but nothing new came out of it.
    Isn't that just the name of a subarea in WotLK anyway? They probably just copied it to try some things out and then forgot to delete it.

...That's crazy, everything you just said there is wrong. 90% of WC3 fans would not know of Argus as a fucking Titan, nor Helya, C'Thun, etc but they WOULD know of Old Gods if they read the Manual, same with the Titans and at best Sargeras (Cause his name was established in WC2 and the non-canon RPG). A LOT of SL has concepts not really fully established or properly introduced until now, such as the Pantheon of Death members, Elune's Sister, the Jailer (AKA Satan), the First Ones and the Cosmic Design which is governed by 6 forces, and a 7th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post

Deathwing being as big as he was accommodated a raid fight entirely on his back. That was cool for that time. Carapace of N'Zoth was pretty neat of an idea too.

Could you imagine an even bigger dragon than Deathwing and instead of just a raid fight... but like entire zone?

And to eventually lose to players the size of ants to him, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    The jailer.
    Is this expansion called Jailerlands? Because we talk here about expac name.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Could you imagine an even bigger dragon than Deathwing and instead of just a raid fight... but like entire zone?
    Yeee, I doubt we will get it like that. It would rather be a Carapace of N'zoth scenario, when a gigantic body is just a skybox and we interact with a small portion of it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Sure did. It’s a big, mindless, dragon.
    Yeah...and Deathwing is not only a FULLY POWERED ASPECTS WHO KEPT HIS FULL POWER, but his plates and stuff before breaking the World Pillar alongside the Old God amps made him literally neigh invincible, and required the Aspects PLUS the primed powers of the Dragon Soul and the Heroes of Azeroth (You and your guild + Thrall) to fucking end him once and for all, granted the Maelstrom battle was due to N'Zoth giving him a FUCK TON OF POWER, but still.