Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Not sure why I'm surprised we didn't get an actual cinematic for the patch.

I get the feeling Shadowlands got abandoned before 9.2 development, or at least very early on. Well... not abandoned, but a lot of development being shifted over to 10.0.
    Tbf, its a still too early to call that. The last Saurfang cinematic was released in a .5 patch in BfA.

Do you guys think that the Horde and Alliance both learning this new 9.2 "language" is Blizzard's way of segwaying us into cross-faction play? Now that we have a common tongue we can understand and work together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yes.
    Weird prio, but ok pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The argument falls pretty flat when BfA had Nazjatar and Mechagon in 8.2 while Shadowlands only got Korthia in that patch.
    No. it does now fall flat when 8.3 had two reused zones and 9.2 has a new and big one.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, just like ever other patch since ever? Raid, zone, maybe dungeon, some smaller features. Welcome to last 12y of WoW or so. But this time they actually crafted a new zone, instead of using two older like they did in 8.3.
    Ye, maybe you should compare it to 8.3 AND 8.2 together, since, you know, we are a patch short this expansion compared to the last.
    unclench your jaw

They've 5 minutes of cinematic content in the patch proper per wowhead, not including the Sylvanas one they already put out, but only put a few seconds of Anduin in so it's less a lack of material or outright laziness, since the transitions they bother with would take more effort than just posting some already existing footage into the picture and more a deliberate choice.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Ye, maybe you should compare it to 8.3 AND 8.2 together, since, you know, we are a patch short this expansion compared to the last.
    Ye, maybe not? Or do you think that we are short a patch this expac because Blizz was trying to cook one bigger patch instead of two and it was not all because of certain outside and inside events going on? Maybe you want to throw WoD into that comparison as well?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Ye, maybe not? Or do you think that we are short a patch this expac because Blizz was trying to cook one bigger patch instead of two and it was not all because of certain outside and inside events going on? Maybe you want to throw WoD into that comparison as well?
    I do, actually. Was there a global pandemic at the time of WoD? Perhaps, sometimes Blizzard just knows that enough is enough and it's better to cut corners, rather than carry a dead weight.
    unclench your jaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    I do, actually. Was there a global pandemic at the time of WoD? Perhaps, sometimes Blizzard just knows that enough is enough and it's better to cut corners, rather than carry a dead weight.
    So why did you insist on comparing two patches against one when they were all meant to be treated separately? SL having one patch less does not mean 9.2 should be treated as two patches. Maybe we should complain that 9.2 has only one raid, when 8.2 and 8.3 had two? Because when it comes to zones and dungeons content, comparison is actually fairly even.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-02-22 at 10:14 PM.

Fair enough.
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Why would it be steam when Xbox has been fighting to keep their exclusives OFF steam. Hell, they even put a few games on epic just so steam couldn't have them.
    That's a weird part of the discussion to pick on.

In my opinion, this whole "exclusive" thing should be illegal anyhow. No walled gardens.

Weird prio, but ok pal.

No. it does now fall flat when 8.3 had two reused zones and 9.2 has a new and big one.
    So BfA had two reused and two new zones, Shadowlands has two new zones. I guess BfA still wins here because it got two reused zones on top?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So BfA had two reused and two new zones, Shadowlands has two new zones. I guess BfA still wins here because it got two reused zones on top?
    Correction. SL has two zones, one of them being twice the size. So for me it's pretty even, considering reception of Uldum/Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Is this patch just the same ''new zone with rares and a raid?''
    Pretty much.

Correction. SL has two zones, one of them being twice the size. So for me it's pretty even, considering reception of Uldum/Vale.
    What do you mean? Zereth Mortis is Nazjatar-size and Korthia is a smaller Mechagon. So that makes it even. But BfA got reused zones in 8.3 on top, so in the end it’s still more than what we’ve got in Shadowlands. I‘m not arguing what’s better as that’s subjective, but BfA definitely got more in the end (and we completely ignore the existence of Darkshore on top of that).

Pretty sure 8.2 > 9.2 and 8.3 > 9.1. (> means bigger).

Edit: don’t get me wrong, as I said, not talking about quality as I cannot really judge that. I‘m just talking about new zones or areas here and not raid bosses or other stuff. Not that it matters though. 9.2 in its own light looks quite good.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-02-22 at 10:51 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I thought the raid came out today LOL. So glad i'm not subbed. I only want to see the cinematics.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So glad i'm not subbed.
    Thx for update, I feared you won't give us info today.

People do realize trailers are sometimes made in part by producers and marketing teams rather than development, right?

The exception is major story beats that the cinematics department would be making, or features trailers that have some story elements in them, but none of the cinematics made in 9.2 would work for that unless they just rehashed Shattered Legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I thought the raid came out today LOL. So glad i'm not subbed. I only want to see the cinematics.
    Maybe put it in your signature so your fingers won't get tired typing this into every post.

Nice trailer, good to hear Jailer voice got tweaked a bit to be more undestandable. I also liked the Avenger Shield shot and all the heroes mounted on new creatures. Neat stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Maybe put it in your signature so your fingers won't get tired typing this into every post.

Nice trailer, good to hear Jailer voice got tweaked a bit to be more undestandable.
    I thought I was hearing things... does the Jailer actually have two different voices at different points during this trailer?

So is 9.2 any good? Any Americans playing it atm? Asmon was in for like 3h then went back to Lost Ark, which I consider weird. Is it 3h content => done? lol.