Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So a leak that says we're getting cross faction in 9.2 is less compelling than a leak that says we're getting cross factions in 10.0?
    Only therewillbedragons does not specifically say Cross Faction is COMING in 10.0

They say "cross faction is in" which will be true of 10.0 regardless of it being added in 9.2.5.

And then they specify its method of deployment almost uncannily.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes, considering the leak that said we are getting CFP in 10.0 was on point about how CFP will actually work.
    And it also got far too many things wrong to be believable, and it's completely scarce of any new features at all. It's just erring too heavily on the side of caution. In a way, the caution expressed only makes it less believable—Blizzard usually shoves some new thing we don't want down our throats. Now, they're just going for the least interesting possible set of features after losing excessive numbers of subscribers? I'm pretty sure we're approaching the "break glass" point of this expansion, so we're not going to see something that only features the barebones qualities of what consists an "expansion"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Only therewillbedragons does not specifically say Cross Faction is COMING in 10.0

They say "cross faction is in" which will be true of 10.0 regardless of it being added in 9.2.5.

So, we're going to believe this guy who has decided to continuously post after his leak (something that other leakers were not keen to do) simply because he vaguely got the deployment correctly? And why would he feel the need to use such vague wording in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's one thing I feel people aren't talking about with the therewillbedragons leak...and that is that they state at the beginning that "this info is quite old, but tldr". When I see something like that, I find myself wondering just how old & how much has changed since they would've received that information. If they got their info around the time 9.1 launched, it might've seemed like a good idea to not have a new class/race & to do draconic houses as an updated version of covenants...but if so, that's almost certainly changed with how Blizz has been seemingly changing their design philosophies with the leadup to 9.2 & beyond. Whatever the plan was at the beginning, I'd be a bit surprised if it hasn't been shifted & updated to be a little more enticing after the reception to Shadowlands, particularly from 9.1 forward.

That being said, I'm still quite in doubt that any of the leaks we've seen thus far is legit, including the therewillbedragons one...though it is fun to see what theories people have going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes, considering the leak that said we are getting CFP in 10.0 was on point about how CFP will actually work.
    In Awakening's defense, it was bullet points, it wasn't designed to go into detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    So, we're going to believe this guy who has decided to continuously post after his leak (something that other leakers were not keen to do) simply because he vaguely got the deployment correctly? And why would he feel the need to use such vague wording in the first place?
    I don't feel it was vague at all. If anything I'd say that wording is more specific, as it doesn't clash with the truth we got after all.

And yes I agree their posting since is dubious, but not impossible.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

I don't know, it lacks many new systems at all. Even Shadowlands had some new systems to speak of. Conversely, this leak is entirely deprived of any ystems at all. It seems rather underwhelming for 10.0. It simply feels unrealistic and playing it too safe—it's like if Legion didn't have Artifacts, Shadowlands didn't have Runecarver, etc.

I would rather err on the side of an interesting leak, anyways, rather than start up a fuss about one which offers no real information to speak of save for the most safe, easy guesses possible.
    To be honest, the more information we have on the leak pertaining to the gameplay systems, the less realistic it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is correct. I do think that, arguably, the Awakenings leak was surely closer because it maanged to predict when cross-faction play would come (it specifies 9.2 instead of 9.2.5, but that reflects the actual delay (as per Blizzard's statement) that came to be, as opposed to getting it too late down the road). I think some people make the mistake of believing that banality = realistic. It's nonsensical to say "well, it's the most deprived of any features, creativity, or quality, so it must be true simply because we have learned that Blizzard is a bad company."
    Exactly! I don't know why people find that so hard to understand.

And yes I agree their posting since is dubious, but not impossible.
    I don't recall if they specify how they learned about the expansion, but if one continuously broadcasts something that could lose either them or a contact a job rather than silently drop it where few will see it, then they're mind-numbingly stupid.

1+ Year Old Account
    I am so ready for tomorrow's cinematics. Furthermore, I am SO ready for ALL of the "leaks" that are about to flood this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest, the more information we have on the leak pertaining to the gameplay systems, the less realistic it would be.
    Yes, because Battle for Azeroth didn't namedrop and specify the function of Allied Races, and Legion didn't tell us about Artifacts. They were just bland non-descriptors.

You don't have to believe anything.

The point I bring up is that of all the rumors and leaks that we have on 10.0, out of ALL the possible rumors there are, his happens to be the most compelling.

And if you don't believe in rumors and leaks at all, then nothing said here changes how you should be regarding any leak. At no point have I said it's believable or that it should be. I said it's the most compelling rumor that we have. It's the most likeliest of scenarios based on any information we potentially have on 10.0 at this point in time. If you don't believe in rumors and don't trust in any pre-announcement information whatsoever, then the 'likelyhood' of any rumor is gonna be irrelevant anyways.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-03-08 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

His entire leak is based on 10.0, and as I said before, Cross Faction was rumored for quite some time as shown in the Awakenings leak. The difference is that the Awakenings leak got the timing of cross faction correct, along with the eventual announcement of WotLK Classic, along with possible correct tidbits about the next expansion.

Rightfully, we don't buy that Awakenings is a legitimate leak, nor should we buy that Therewillbedragons' leak is legitimate either. However, people are fine with believing the latter because it sounds barebones and terrible.

And it also got far too many things wrong to be believable, and it's completely scarce of any new features at all. It's just erring too heavily on the side of caution. In a way, the caution expressed only makes it less believable—Blizzard usually shoves some new thing we don't want down our throats. Now, they're just going for the least interesting possible set of features after losing excessive numbers of subscribers? I'm pretty sure we're approaching the "break glass" point of this expansion, so we're not going to see something that only features the barebones qualities of what consists an "expansion"

- - - Updated - - -

Agree; I’m not really sure why it’s so convincing. It’s not “safe”, it’s devoid of features. Even WoD had massive new shifts to work with.

It’s a bare-bones literal retread of Shadowlands but without as many “aggravating features”, with the only new features being “Covenants but the way players would’ve preferred them” and “Jailer’s Gauntlet+”. Every expansion does SOMETHING new that shakes things up, regardless of the form it takes.

It’s such a barebones story set up I can’t get behind it. I’m not going to pretend Blizzard is good at storytelling, but it reads like every Dragon Isles fanon basic white bread concept ever. Rainbow zones, known dragon concepts, etc.

Ashes of Galakaros was more compelling (despite being debunked) because the angle it took was less “obvious rainbow dragon zones” and more “ancient primordial, proto-dragon focus with Galakrond”; a more interesting look than just literal paint-by-numbers. And this is coming from someone who made their own paint-by-numbers concept.

The play tester angle is super suss, and they got to try out stuff like the new Torghast-like? And somehow had knowledge of the devs plans to add specs to pure DPS classes, but also that it “probably wouldn’t happen” despite this being way old info?

There’s just too much suss backed up by a flimsy anchor that I maintain is perfectly possible to guess.

And you’re telling me THIS is their big comeback after Shadowlands? Shadowlands 2?

Yes, because Battle for Azeroth didn't namedrop and specify the function of Allied Races, and Legion didn't tell us about Artifacts. They were just bland non-descriptors.
    Are you talking about leaks or are you being facetious about announcement information? I can't really tell here.

You don't have to believe anything.

The point I bring up is that of all the rumors and leaks that we have on 10.0, out of ALL the possible rumors there are, his happens to be the most compelling.

And if you don't believe in rumors and leaks at all, then nothing said here changes how you should be regarding any leak. At no point have I said it's believable or that it should be. I said it's the most compelling rumor that we have. It's the most likeliest of scenarios based on any information we potentially have on 10.0 at this point in time. If you don't believe in rumors and don't trust in any pre-announcement information whatsoever, then the 'likelyhood' of any rumor is gonna be irrelevant anyways.
    Define "compelling". We've already established likelihood is hardly a function here, and further still it's mind-numbingly boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you talking about leaks or are you being facetious about announcement information? I can't really tell here.
    Leaks. I was being sarcastic. Both leaks told us about those features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    And you’re telling me THIS is their big comeback after Shadowlands? Shadowlands 2?
    Indeed. And what's funny is that while I don't buy the Awakenings leak (the logo looks like ass) over time it's definitely gotten things correct. For example, given that Blizzard isn't revealing the next expansion until after we see the ending of Shadowlands indicates to me that something massive is going to take place. That coincides with Awakening's leak talking about a new Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    His entire leak is based on 10.0, and as I said before, Cross Faction was rumored for quite some time as shown in the Awakenings leak. The difference is that the Awakenings leak got the timing of cross faction correct, along with the eventual announcement of WotLK Classic, along with possible correct tidbits about the next expansion.

Rightfully, we don't buy that Awakenings is a legitimate leak, nor should we buy that Therewillbedragons' leak is legitimate either. However, people are fine with believing the latter because it sounds barebones and terrible.
    You really don't need to repeat yourself.

Lord knows why, but I DO read every word you say. If anything, your copypasta just shows you didn't bother reading the angle I was presenting and even trying to work with it.

And I'm not phased by other people's rumors of cross faction because as far as I've seen, they've never suggested what Blizzard is doing. It was always vague wishes.

I'm not about to play your circle game. Re read my post you quoted there to see what my feelings currently are on the topic, trying to be rooted in the specifics instead of conjecture.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Leaks. I was being sarcastic. Both leaks told us about those features.
    Because they were leaked by different people?

I mean there's a difference between someone getting inside information and leaking it, and someone playing an early version of gameplay through a Blizzard-controlled focus group test and leaking it.

Jericho's was spot on because he literally got his information from the inside. And that was met with a huge slap on the wrist. Who's to say that this leak would be the same? It's clearly not.

It doesn't mean 10.0 will not have new features or a new class or a new race even. It means whoever leaked this, if they actually played a version of 10.0, may have played a version that did not have those features in the build. That's all.

But their information is also the closest we have to base any speculation right now. Anything else would literally be baseless speculation.

Define "compelling". We've already established likelihood is hardly a function here, and further still it's mind-numbingly boring.
    Compelling meaning potentially true, convincing. I am not talking about an appealing rumor, one that caters to what interests you.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-03-08 at 12:43 AM.

Here I thought having a date would make things less ridiculous.

we have to base any speculation right now.
    From the perspective of a playtester, I will give you that it makes sense they made the mistake of saying it would be in 10.0—they would have no means of knowing that it would be introduced earlier, as they would only have the feature as portrayed. However, I will also say that this further reduces their plausibility in regards to the matter of knowing about the potential new specializations, as well as the details of the very thing which supposedly increases their plausibility. If they were just a playtester, how would they know the roadmap of how they will introduce cross-faction gameplay?

Furthermore, they're no less bound by legal agreements as a playtester. Sure, they may not be wise enough in the area to understand the gravity of the legal binding, but that also still means they have an incentive (assuming they're an intelligent person) not to post so frequently. This is definitely a drop-and-done thing.

Their base of knowledge is inconsistent.