1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I would like to share my very own bit of head-canon. To be completely upfront and honest, these ideas are my own and created based on a few questions asked by the community.

What if:
    1). Steve Danuser has said, many times, the words “wait and see.” When Blizzard announced the roadmap for the Warcraft universe, someone commented that they would like to be excited; however, they are worried because of how the Sepulcher (Shadowlands ending) concluded. His response was basically something along the lines of “Well, I say this because I can’t provide specificity without giving away potential spoilers. As for the ending of Shadowlands, it will have a conclusion (The Jailer cinematic was not it).”

Analysis:
    1). Many think that the “Epilogue: Judgement” chapter of the 9.2 story has been omitted and put into a 9.2.5 patch. However, I don’t believe this. In an interview posted on Wowhead (I linked it yesterday), Danuser says that the chapter was purposely removed from the PTR not to spoil Sylvanas’ story and how the campaign ends in 9.2. He said that he was excited for players to see what happens. Now, the 7/8 chapter releases on LIVE next week, March 22, 2022. IF I am correct, the 8/8 chapter would release on March 29, 2022 (the following week since each week is a new chapter), to conclude the campaign and Sylvanas’ story. What else releases on March 29, 2022? The Sylvanas Book.

Yes, you may be asking “Well, if the 8/8 chapter releases on the 29th, why is it hidden from the achievements/campaign section of our quest journal?”

You would be correct; however, I think this is intentional to build HYPE/suspense for when it finally does go LIVE. Furthermore, depending on what is said in the Sylvanas book, there could be a connection with the 8/8 chapter.

To conclude my crazy head-canon, Danuser’s “wait and see” comments would make a lot more sense. Of course, I could be incredibly wrong; however, I strongly believe in my justification. Time will tell.
    Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    is this interview from before or after they removed the Judgement chapter from the campaign tho? Since it was originally in the achievement but during PTR it got removed. IIRC the 9.1 final chapter also wasn't testable but it was still in the achievement
    Interview came out on Feb 18 (4 days before Patch).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Vassal of life could be a few different people. I'm not sure which of these have green eyes.

1. Ysera
    2. Alexstrasza
    3. Elune
    4. Eonar
    5. Freya.
    As far as anyone knows, the Vassal is almost certainly a Dreadlord or an agent thereof, so it may not be someone we've met yet and it's unlikely to be a Dragon. "Eyes of Green" sounds more like envy than an actual physical description.

In the Dragon Isles, major spotlight for the Ren'dorei can be expected.

It is stated in their Intro cutscene that the Ren'dorei have resisted the whispers that bent even the wills of Dragons. The Ren'dorei know something that the Dragons do not and thus they will play a major role in the Dragon Isles expansion, which by the way is the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    As far as anyone knows, the Vassal is almost certainly a Dreadlord or an agent thereof, so it may not be someone we've met yet and it's unlikely to be a Dragon. "Eyes of Green" sounds more like envy than an actual physical description.
    Funny how after all the memes throughout the years, turns out Jaina is the only one that isn't a Dreadlord
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny how after all the memes throughout the years, turns out Jaina is the only one that isn't a Dreadlord
    That's just what the dreadlords want you to think.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    They did nothing in this expansion with anyone that wasn't Anduin and Sylvanas, and that's pretty endemic of the issue.
    That lends credence, for me, to that 4chan post about cuts to everything. I can't remember an expac before with so many unused major characters just standing around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    That lends credence, for me, to that 4chan post about cuts to everything. I can't remember an expac before with so many unused major characters just standing around.
    The OP goes against what he said so many times in that thread that it just screams leak. Also the fact that he has info about story and sales while he wasn't in any of those departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In the Dragon Isles, major spotlight for the Ren'dorei can be expected.

It is stated in their Intro cutscene that the Ren'dorei have resisted the whispers that bent even the wills of Dragons. The Ren'dorei know something that the Dragons do not and thus they will play a major role in the Dragon Isles expansion, which by the way is the next expansion.
    Why do you keep calling them Ren'dorei? The race is called Void Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    Why do you keep calling them Ren'dorei? The race is called Void Elf.
    Ren'dorei is the elven name. Both are correct. That's also the only part of his post that is.

7+ Year Old Account
    A problem of adding more elves in the game or giving then spotlight are things like this, the fanabase just can't get a break, they keep wanting more and more until the story/game is ruined.

Something i noticed during all this secret chapter campaign talk going it that apparently they moved the timeline of zovaals defeat. We get a quest to defeat him after we forge the crown of wills. So the last two chapters take place after his defeat.
    When on the ptr the campaign ended with the new arbiter telling us in a cutscene that the last step to restore the shadowlands is to defeat zovaal.
    Anyone think there is a particular reason for this? I'm curious to see if they changed the voiceover from the cutscene next week.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ren'dorei is the elven name. Both are correct. That's also the only part of his post that is.
    Then why isn't he always speaking elvish instead of just their name?

I don't see Ersula's comment about "mediocre white male" characters making any sense when Sylvanas is made into the single most stereotypical, banal female villain ever by blaming all of her evil behaviors on a more-malicious male. Back in Warcraft III, we had a very good characterization for Sylvanas, and we got a pretty good, consistent motive for her well into Cataclysm. Unfortunately, "despot wants to avoid dying" isn't enough of a hook for Blizzard's writers because it involves having to write a character with actual depth or nuance based on a very simple premise, so they instead have to obfuscate horrendously superfluous and redundant characterization under "lol she's sad and angry at the universe". It could even be more interesting if there was some emphasis on what people who blame the inherent function of the universe for their own bad decisions are actually like—there are plenty of people in real life who decide that because people act immorally, they therefore have an excuse to act immorally, consequently inspiring more people to do the same etc. without any willingness to acknowledge the irony.
    Me: Bolvar is boring

You: Sylvanas' recent writing is bad.

Me: Cool. I agree. Thanks for that non sequitor I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Something i noticed during all this secret chapter campaign talk going it that apparently they moved the timeline of zovaals defeat. We get a quest to defeat him after we forge the crown of wills. So the last two chapters take place after his defeat.
    When on the ptr the campaign ended with the new arbiter telling us in a cutscene that the last step to restore the shadowlands is to defeat zovaal.
    Anyone think there is a particular reason for this? I'm curious to see if they changed the voiceover from the cutscene next week.
    We get the quest the week the raid opens. But completing the quest isn't possible during that week and it isn't required to complete to unlock future chapters. So I believe that he gets defeated after chapter 6 definitely (since that is where we get the protection from Domination) or after the 7th chapter (idk what happens there exactly besides the new Arbiter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Me: Bolvar is boring

You: Sylvanas' recent writing is bad.

Me: Cool. I agree. Thanks for that non sequitor I guess.
    The comment you were referencing was in turn referencing Sylvanas' role in regards to the story swallowing up that of Arthas and Bolvar. I was pointing out the irony of being frustrated with people wanting "every white male character" to be in the spotlight when Sylvanas is the most mind-numbingly boring example of a generic female villain in history. Given your need to drag that particular element, I felt the need to point out that it's not much of an improvement to focus on an extraordinarily boring, stereotypical "a man made me this way > : ( ( ( (" villain.

The comment you were referencing was in turn referencing Sylvanas' role in regards to the story swallowing up that of Arthas and Bolvar. I was pointing out the irony of being frustrated with people wanting "every white male character" to be in the spotlight when Sylvanas is the most mind-numbingly boring example of a generic female villain in history. Given your need to drag that particular element, I felt the need to point out that it's not much of an improvement to focus on an extraordinarily boring, stereotypical "a man made me this way > : ( ( ( (" villain.
    She still deserved the final word, because by a huge margin, Arthas fucked with her & her people far more than Uther & Jaina. Because when we have an actual example of a one-dimensional villain (Arthas) people just latch on & can't let go.

What if there are some Constellar somewhere who think they snatched Jaina in the same way the Light snatched Turalyon, but this whole time they’ve had a Jaina Dreadlord?

10+ Year Old Account
    She still deserved the final word, because by a huge margin, Arthas fucked with her & her people far more than Uther & Jaina. Because when we have an actual example of a one-dimensional villain (Arthas) people just latch on & can't let go.
    Stratholme wasn't one-dimensional. What he did was still wrong but containing the problem, separating the healthy from unhealthy, isn't simple. Esp. a fast acting plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Stratholme wasn't one-dimensional. What he did was still wrong but containing the problem, separating the healthy from unhealthy, isn't simple. Esp. a fast acting plague.
    Forget Stratholme. You know everything you need to in Arthas' first mission: He's immediately established as "I get to kill orcs? When I kill them everyone will know how great I am" And his character does not get any deeper after that point.

Forget Stratholme. You know everything you need to in Arthas' first mission: He's immediately established as "I get to kill orcs? When I kill them everyone will know how great I am" And his character does not get any deeper after that point.
    The culling is literally his turning point from lawful good to evil. The point of no return after which he is no longer a Paladin, ripped straight from the D&D handbook.