5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    To be fair the discussion has been "Blizz would likely do this" and not actual complaints about it. In this thread at least I've only seen nonchalance or actual support for the change because it's just so... inconsequential.
    Maybe I'm just jaded by the sensitive ppl on the internet these days who have a weird persecution complex..

On topic,

Who do we think is going to narrate the cinematic?

I think it's 85% chance to be Alexstraza. No more Sylvanas monologues thank goodness.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I wish they would do more mail sets like the Nighthold Hunter set. That's like the only hunter Tier Ive liked since idk maybe ever? I love the class but god damn is their armor ass.
    You're so right. That one's my favorite too. I also like the elven styled armor, but I'm biased.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Welp, the broader stuff is now down to just being a formality. The bigger question is what the details and features look like.

...if it's just 5 covenants with the 9.1.5 changes baked from the start and pretty zones Imma be sad.
    I really hope they shake things up instead of rehashing the Legion ideas again. I just really don't want to join a dragon covenant.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Can we talk about what looks like golden trees at the bottom? Love me some golden autumnal forests. Feel like we've been missing that since the Vale.
    Looks like the perfect place to find a mob-version of a certain foxcat.

5+ Year Old Account
    Probably more likely Nozdormu since he is already shirtless and associated with deserts and sand. Beach boy? Slap a speedo, sunglasses, and flipflops on him!
    Surfer himbo Nozdormu? Can we have him ending every sentence with brah?
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Maybe I'm just jaded by the sensitive ppl on the internet these days who have a weird persecution complex..

On topic,

I think it's 85% chance to be Alexstraza. No more Sylvanas monologues thank goodness.
    If she is indeed on the box, and it is looking likely, it's safe to say it will be her. Wrathion is a contender just because he is our most recently relevant and currently prettiest dragon model (in both forms), but I would say Alex at this point.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

1+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't put too much faith into the MMO-C Dragonflight "leak" from 2-8-2022. However, my biggest "want" is for less systems that promote FOMO, flying Dragon Isles continent, a rich story, and new/innovate forms of gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Perhaps. Maybe he would prefer to run along a beach in slow mo, though.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    "You're just like, unwittingly crawling like a blind, writhing worm towards endless madness and despair, brah."
    "Like, maybe this is just a blessing in despair?"

5+ Year Old Account
    If she is indeed on the box, and it is looking likely, it's safe to say it will be her. Wrathion is a contender just because he is our most recently relevant and currently prettiest dragon model (in both forms), but I would say Alex at this point.
    I also feel Alex is probably the most iconic warcraft dragon character outside of Deathwing so it makes sense for it to be her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one not putting much stock into Alexstraza's midsection?

"It's such a Blizzard thing to do." Is such a weird take to me, maybe they just decided to give her new armor because her character model is old af and they want to give the aspects a fresh design.
    Good character design >>>>> dragon bikini

I think given that Valeera's latest model still exposes her thighs and cleavage, the character artists don't actually hate exposed skin as much as people have been led to believe. They just want to be more creative than simply swinging the midriff bat around on every character like the old-school artists did, and in almost every case I can think of the new designs have simply been more appealing and character-appropriate than the original. BfA Jaina is, in my opinion, way more unique than her original design while also being more attractive. No midriff or bikini required.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Okay, assuming the Dragonflight text leak (the one from Feb, not the website stuff) is fake, what's everyone's hopes?

I'd hope we get a dragon race or class sometime! Like Worgen, let them transform, and then give then let them run/fly in their dragon forms as their racial mount.
    Yeah. This was something they thought of doing for cataclysm (the dragonman concept), but ended up not doing it. And they usually get around to doing things they didn't get the chance in the past.
    With the way they use animation assets for each race to create new ones, I'd think the worgen seems like a perfect fit, since their animations didn't get used for any allied race.
    Transforming seems like it would make a lot of sense too.
    I guess we're due for a new class for some time too. So something related to the dragons might be coming? They are very rich in potential for different specs relating to different aspects.
    And as someone has said before, with Wrathion and Ebonhorne, it seems both Alliance and Horde have characters that can introduce a playable faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we'll meet more Drogbar in this expansion considering their link to Neltharion and the Black Dragonflight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "You're just like, unwittingly crawling like a blind, writhing worm towards endless madness and despair, brah."
    "Like, maybe this is just a blessing in despair?"
    This is the first time in all these pre-expansion speculation threads that I feel like I contributed anything worthwhile.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yeah. This was something they thought of doing for cataclysm (the dragonman concept), but ended up not doing it. And they usually get around to doing things they didn't get the chance in the past.
    With the way they use animation assets for each race to create new ones, I'd think the worgen seems like a perfect fit, since their animations didn't get used for any allied race.
    Transforming seems like it would make a lot of sense too.
    I guess we're due for a new class for some time too. So something related to the dragons might be coming? They are very rich in potential for different specs relating to different aspects.
    And as someone has said before, with Wrathion and Ebonhorne, it seems both Alliance and Horde have characters that can introduce a playable faction.
    Something LOTRO did a while back with their addition of Beornings is that they made them a class -and- a race. If you wanted to be the Beorning class, you had to be the Beorning race, and vice versa.

I can see that happening with Dragonkin and a Dragonkin class, but I also have my doubts. If they add a Dragonkin class, it'd be available to most, if not all races. And if they add a Dragonkin race, they would not lock it to a single class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh Id say it's gotta be either Ysera or Kalec. Hell Kalec had his own entire manga and iirc has shown up in every expansion at some point except WoD.
    Ysera's story was kind of resolved and put to rest in Shadowlands though. She was pulled from her resurrection pod too early in order to save her life and thus was "reborn" into Ardenweald and bound to the Winter Queen and her realm. I can't really see her being that involved except as a proxy to her daughter's future development.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

On topic,

nozdormu
    he will become moruzond early in the expansion

I had to make an account to mention this, but considering the golden trees in that pic of Alex, does anyone remember that thread with the leaked concept arts someone posted? I think they were deleted before most people could see them, but it mentioned a golden forest.

I just want more ranger vibes for Hunter and more Thrall or like Aang style armor for Shaman. Something that's clearly meant to make them more in tune with the elements by being less removed from it
    Honestly, I'm of the same opinion. I would kill for a Thrall styled tier set for my Orc Shaman. I don't know I just have this headcanon where imagine that some shamans go around barefooted to feel more in touch with the elements. I really hope we get the night elf set we saw the sentinels wearing during BFA. It'd totally be asking too much, but more racial themed armor for each class would be awesome. Sadly, not enough time or resources for such a venture.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure we'll get covenant-esque dragonflight choice with no power player attached to it, cosmetic only and freely swappable and a 2.0 version of Torghast.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |