Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I guess it's possible. First time I'm seeing this though. Any idea where it was "leaked" first?
    I saw it here but I think it was originated from 4Chan. Its from like almost a year ago I think, when people were still speculating what 9.2 would be and if we would be returning to northrend in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So Dragonflight is pretty much reality unless it's some false trail planted by Blizzard, right?
    Can someone give me the TL;DR?

It's either Jailer did some damage to Azeroth during our fight with him and we gotta get some help from dragons to save the planet (plus maybe some stuff with Silithus sword?) or maybe we get Galakrond and undead dragons because of Helm of Domination being gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I saw it here but I think it was originated from 4Chan. Its from like almost a year ago I think, when people were still speculating what 9.2 would be and if we would be returning to northrend in SL.
    If it's that old, I somehow doubt it has much to do with 10.0 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I missed this one. Do you have a link to it?
    It pops up on page 1758 there’s a bunch of screenshots he posts. It’s obvi fake and he made it, pretty talented but obvi fake but yah it didn’t get too much attention cause literally 15 min later is when the alexstrasza image leaked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    This:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53678953

and this:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...pansion?page=8

Formerly known as Arafal

If Chromatus is involved in this dragon expansion, could that screenshot of the necropolis flying over borean tundra be real? It says on his wowpedia that his location is : Arcane Prison, Northrend. The arcane prisons are located at/around the nexus and that seems to be where the necropolis is headed.
    Who else would be a big bad villain? That guy looks quite menacing. Galakrond seems like mid-expansion boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Who else would be a big bad villain? That guy looks quite menacing. Galakrond seems like mid-expansion boss.
    I really hope they leave galakrond alone. I’m not always against bringing back dead characters but his skeleton is literally decomposing in northrend it seems stupid even for blizz story standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    It pops up on page 1758 there’s a bunch of screenshots he posts. It’s obvi fake and he made it, pretty talented but obvi fake but yah it didn’t get too much attention cause literally 15 min later is when the alexstrasza image leaked.
    I mean, what was he thinking with putting Vulpera as one of the main races in the link lol. How does even vulpera fit on Dragon Isles. Some leakers are just too much.

I think it was leaked somewhere during or even before the 9.1 PTR. The idea was that it would be a cinematic shown after the SoD raid to lead us into Northrend afterwards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Damn, I hope it's not Chromatus.

He feels like the result of a "Take-your-child-to-work Day" gone wrong.

If people thought Me'dan was a Mary Sue, they better be ready for Chromatus lmao.

Many thanks! The future is bright! I assume we’ve only “confirmed” the title, right? No features?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I mean, what was he thinking with putting Vulpera as one of the main races in the link lol. How does even vulpera fit on Dragon Isles. Some leakers are just too much.
    You could argue the same with Taurens on the Broken Isles or Gnomes on Kul Tiras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    I really hope they leave galakrond alone. I’m not always against bringing back dead characters but his skeleton is literally decomposing in northrend it seems stupid even for blizz story standards.
    I think there is gonna be a Caverns of Time dungeon about Galakrond, and that is what the Galakronds Fall map is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Yea but then remember this is the same company that gave us an expansion focusing on a war hungry orc warchief siphoning the power of the void thru a dead old god’s heart to conquer the planet & that was fit alongside pandas sooooo i don’t blame the kid for wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Damn, I hope it's not Chromatus.

He feels like the result of a "Take-your-child-to-work Day" gone wrong.

If people thought Me'dan was a Mary Sue, they better be ready for Chromatus lmao.
    I mean, he is Tiamat.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    So, what bridges or leads are there in SL that could lead to a dragon xpac? Ysera was already written off as not returning to Azeroth, and I honestly can't think of any Gul'dan so to say that could come from SL and somehow trigger the Dragonflights. I guess it's going to be something completely new and/or older than SL.
    People shouldn't be/have been looking for bridges to begin with. They described SL as being the bookend to the WC3 chapter.

Dragonflight will be like MoP. Not a product of the Cataclysm at all, just a "new" adventure that takes place after it. I fully expect it to have pretty much nothing to do with SL at all. 9.2.5 is about cleaning up the last bits of SL's effect on Azeroth, things will go back to "normal" and then Wrathion will show up, probably without there even being any obvious threat, circumstance, or invading force and he will just go "Hey, it's been a while. I've figured out where the Dragon Isles are and I'm putting together a crew, I could use a former planet-saver to help with any unexpected circumstances" and then you, and maybe a couple other lore characters who've been hanging out in the background like Chromie, Vanessa VanCleef, Valtrois, Rexxar, etc. people who aren't big leaders but are recognizable, will hop on a sweet zepellin and sail over to the Dragon Isles and start exploring it, learning about its problems and peoples once you get there and start poking around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night (at least in my time zone), @pastar shared a string of code they had found "hidden" on WoW's website (by inspecting the site by pressing F12). Initially, I assumed this was a classic case of HTML editing because I wasn't able to replicate it on my PC but it turns out you can't see it if you're using uBlock.

Roughly an hour before this discovery, an image that appears to feature key art and the expansion logo was also posted on Reddit. Apparently, the original source for this is Twitter, but the tweet has since been deleted. This appears to be a completely original art piece, so if it is fake, it would have to one of the more expensive fakes as I imagine a painting of this quality wouldn't be cheap to commission.

Furthermore, there are DNS certificates for the domain dragonflight.blizzard.com, as reported on the front page of MMOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You could argue the same with Taurens on the Broken Isles or Gnomes on Kul Tiras.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there is gonna be a Caverns of Time dungeon about Galakrond, and that is what the Galakronds Fall map is about.
    Sounds good on paper but so many ppl are gonna complain that the largest npc lorewise half the size of northrend is dealt with in a dungeon that’s gonna be a weird flex

7+ Year Old Account
    Many thanks! The future is bright! I assume we’ve only “confirmed” the title, right? No features?
    Just the title, logo and key art.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    People shouldn't be/have been looking for bridges to begin with. They described SL as being the bookend to the WC3 chapter.

Dragonflight will be like MoP. Not a product of the Cataclysm at all, just a "new" adventure that takes place after it. I fully expect it to have pretty much nothing to do with SL at all. 9.2.5 is about cleaning up the last bits of SL's effect on Azeroth, things will go back to "normal" and then Wrathion will show up, probably without there even being any obvious threat, circumstance, or invading force and he will just go "Hey, it's been a while. I've figured out where the Dragon Isles are and I'm putting together a crew, I could use a former planet-saver to help with any unexpected circumstances" and then you, and maybe a couple other lore characters who've been hanging out in the background like Chromie, Vanessa VanCleef, Valtrois, Rexxar, etc. people who aren't big leaders but are recognizable, will hop on a sweet zepellin and sail over to the Dragon Isles and start exploring it, learning about its problems and peoples once you get there and start poking around.
    Except cata indirectly led to MoP. Cata > DW destroys world > scarce resources > war breaks out over resources between horde and alliance > naval battles > Discover Pandaria (whose mists had been removed also as a result of the cataclysm). The link is more vague, but it's there.