10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean if the tech wasn't there it wasn't there. You can't just say throw more money at something that the engine was incapable of doing at the time.
    Blizzard and bad engines is a whole nother topic though

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm also unsure how micro classes would work, how would you level as a class with only a healing spec?
    Make a spell that doubles as either damage for ennemy targets or healing for friendly ones and voilà, allows the healing specs to level up. That, or you give them a few damage dealing spells in the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    He still isn't dead. Just imprisoned.
    He's dead and imprisoned.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chromatus

It was later rendered inanimate by the united powers of the Dragon Aspects, and its body was stored in an arcane prison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I think the problem isn't with the lack of establishment for Chromatus. The problem is that he is a kindergarten logic monster. You say dragons are cool? Well my monster is five dragons. Bet you can't top that.
    I mean, the other singular dragon threat is Galakrond but that one isn't any better.
    "Your monster is a big dragon? Well, MY monster is a MEGA BIG DRAGON that eats OTHER dragons!"

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What happened? Why is Dragonflight fake? Not that I wouldn't mind if it were
    It's not.

1. Name is not fake.
    2. Art + logo is still being discussed, but evidence points to it being genuine.
    3. Forum leak Dragonflight is being discussed, people over here are split on the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also unsure how micro classes would work, how would you level as a class with only a healing spec?
    Could just start them at level cap and require a level 60 char to create, or I think leveling is easy enough you could just use the few offensive spells they'd probably have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's something like a specialization you can choose at max level. In a way, it's end game progression. Since the leak mentions we don't get a new level cap, that might be a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Make a spell that doubles as either damage for ennemy targets or healing for friendly ones and voilà, allows the healing specs to level up. That, or you give them a few damage dealing spells in the bunch.
    God that sounds like awesome class design. Definitely beats making a proper class with several specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
    Inanimate doesn't mean you're dead. I could knock a void elf with a shovel, I'd make him inanimate with killing them. See?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not.

1. Name is not fake.
    2. Art + logo is still being discussed, but evidence points to it being genuine.
    3. Forum leak Dragonflight is being discussed, people over here are split on the question.
    Wait there was art and a logo?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    "Concerned that some other dark power might try to revive Chromatus after its defeat, the dragons attempted to destroy the corpse. They failed. Some powerful spell, probably woven into the dark marriage of magic and technology that had animated him in the first place protected the body from all their efforts to obliterate it. Kalecgos stated that Malygos created a number of Arcane Prisons during the Nexus War, and Alexstrasza decided that representatives from all the flights would watch over the body of Chromatus, as he is not dead.[5]"
    It also says that

Concerned that some other dark power might try to revive Chromatus
    You can't revive something that isn't dead.

Once again - look at the bottom just before Description:

"as he is not dead.[5]"

Ok so apparently Chromatus is dead. Why would he be a threat?
    His body couldn’t be destroyed so it was sealed away
    Azerite is something that could easily be used to revive him

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    God that sounds like awesome class design. Definitely beats making a proper class with several specs.

I mean, it's not the way I'd go for it, but I understand the appeal and it would also allow them to introduce more concepts as classes without being "bound" to come up with 2+ specs for those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What happened? Why is Dragonflight fake? Not that I wouldn't mind if it were
    I think most people (myself included) still believe the title and key art are real. A lot of people also seem to think the written leak is real, at least to some extent, but others (like myself) kind of disagree on that.

Inanimate doesn't mean you're dead. I could knock a void elf with a shovel, I'd make him inanimate with killing them. See?
    What? Inanimate doesn't mean dead. Because if you kill someone they'd be inanimate? Could you please make sense. What does it mean to be "inanimate but not deadf"?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean if the tech wasn't there it wasn't there. You can't just say throw more money at something that the engine was incapable of doing at the time.
    It's not that the tech wasn't there, it's that they didn't want to spend the time to make a new 5 headed rig for the model, so they created Ultraxion instead.

Cata was an expansion that stretched all teams very thin, saw tons of cut content, cut corners, and slapdashery. Then behind the scenes they were also working on Mists of Pandaria.

These are the same devs who have overused the Gronnling skeleton so much people are sick of seeing it after only a couple expansions.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wait there was art and a logo?
    Somebody through shamu BACK into the ocean.

Speculation:

Chromatus is important not only because it is a dragon, a Nefarian experiment on combining the dragonflights, but also because it was arduous to bring life to him.

The Dragonflight leak talks about: Uldaz. Second fully underground zone ever on Azeroth. Titan/Elune story here. Maybe Galakrond was infused with life, and it was a failed attempt to elevate protodragons by Elune. My point is, maybe, there is a connection between Galakrond/Elune/Titans.

Also, the Old Gods were crucial for Chromatus existence.

In this sense, maybe the expansion starts with some Order Halls, but other order halls like the Dreamgrove step in if they go to Uldaz.

IF, in addition, we need the dragon isles to heal the world, Alexstrasza seems the obvious choice to guide us into life and dragon-centered expansion.

-------
    I insist I would like a Quelthalas warfront where we defend the city against undead waves. Maybe a challenge mode of infinite waves.

It also says that

You can't revive something that isn't dead.
    You can actually. Revive is not the same as resurrect. Revive has multiple meanings