I gotta say, for an artist, you do sure know a lot about the inner workings of every other department. Pretty impressive, honestly.

Also, wasn't Ashes debunked a few weeks ago? Why are people still holding on to that leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Nice, so another blizz designer/dev-larper?
    It is pretty fun to compare adn contrast to catastrophy, who was seemingly outed as an actual dev. Far more believable, even before he was outed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    I am indeed. British humour at its finest. My name is Dave... His isnt. Like I said, just fun at the office.
    Fair, but I still wanna see your portfolio if you have one. Blizzard artists are some of the best in the industry so I'd be very eager to see what your contributions to the game were.

It's obviously a Dev larper. LFR is extremely popular and doesn't cut or affect people in real raid teams.
    Also the part where he says the narrative team isn't paid well enough... Smells too much angry blizz hater to me
    It smells exactly like that. WELL, NOT ON MY WATCH LARPER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is pretty fun to compare adn contrast to catastrophy, who was seemingly outed as an actual dev. Far more believable, even before he was outed.
    Wait, what? I thought that was just the running joke...

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The company that made me sell my home due to layoffs, effectively starving my children can suck my ****.

Also, I use a VPN, my real name is not Dave and none of my previous co-workers would say a thing as we are all still in contact.
    Yeah right.

A little bit of trolling is fun, but there's such a thing as trying too hard.

Hard to keep track with this thread now.

So we have a) supposed leak of Dragonflight from February and b) an ex-employee who spills tea - and both are contradicting each other? One says four new classes, the other says no new class.

So what’s the consensus on this? Sorry, but I’ll ask for tl;dr updates every few hours because I cannot keep track of this thread while progressing in Elden Ring, lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Catastrophy made an oopsie. Said "we" instead of "they" when referring to Blizzard.

Come on guys. This is so clearly a bait.

We all know Catastrophy is the real Blizz employee here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Remember kids, we've never had a blizzard employee actually leak an expansion on a forum before.
    Almost as if a NDA exists
    Another thing worth considering: NDAs aren't magically erased even if you get laid off. They still apply to the individual that signed them for however long, regardless of their current occupation.

EDIT: I don't actually know if this is 100% true but I know there have been former CIA and NSA agents who have claimed that they can't talk about this or that because of NDAs. Even though they're no longer working in those places. Not sure if the same applies to the gaming industry, but I would assume so.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2022-04-03 at 09:02 PM.

Look at my signature. One of my main hobbies while at Blizz was to make these leaks and troll people. At the office we all actually enjoyed sprinkling tidbits of real information.
    Yeah, you are full of shit. Artists don't need to know features or anything in-depth that isn't related to the artists job. Much like how Christie Golden was surprised to see some of the art stuff in the 9.2 reveal because she only works on story. Your fan expac idea is also bad.

It's obviously a Dev larper. LFR is extremely popular and doesn't cut or affect people in real raid teams.
    Also the part where he says the narrative team isn't paid well enough... Smells too much angry blizz hater to me
    Not an angry Blizz hater. Just someone who made so much cool artwork for Blizzard in my time for the story to be absolutely terrible. As a lover of the game myself.

And LFR is strictly played for items that we are giving players to obtain elsewhere. And like I said more than 30% of players AFK and do not engage whilst in an LFR instance and most of the others are in a rush making it, generally, a negative experience. Giving the opportunity to obtain likeminded gear elsewhere whilst increasing accessibility to Normal raiding was the way forward for us when making the decision

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    Also, wasn't Ashes debunked a few weeks ago? Why are people still holding on to that leak?
    Honestly, only leak I felt excited to play. But yeah, never thought it was real. That name. . .

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    They made a "we" instead of "they" mistake, so either it's genuine, or it's genius trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Yeah, you are full of shit. Artists don't need to know features or anything in-depth that isn't related to the artists job. Much like how Christie Golden was surprised to see some of the art stuff in the 9.2 reveal because she only works on story. Your fan expac idea is also bad.
    What do you think we talk about during lunch, at parties, at bars after hours? Come on man this is the real world.

Not an angry Blizz hater. Just someone who made so much cool artwork for Blizzard in my time for the story to be absolutely terrible. As a lover of the game myself.

And LFR is strictly played for items that we are giving players to obtain elsewhere. And like I said more than 30% of players AFK and do not engage whilst in an LFR instance and most of the others are in a rush making it, generally, a negative experience. Giving the opportunity to obtain likeminded gear elsewhere whilst increasing accessibility to Normal raiding was the way forward for us when making the decision
    What about that cool portfolio eh?

Visualdave is surely Razorpax right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What about that cool portfolio eh?
    With my portfolio comes a reveal to my identity. Something, due to clear reasons, can't happen.

Prior to Blizzard I worked for an indie Xbox 360 company.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hard to keep track with this thread now.

So we have a) supposed leak of Dragonflight from February and b) an ex-employee who spills tea - and both are contradicting each other? One says four new classes, the other says no new class.

So what’s the consensus on this? Sorry, but I’ll ask for tl;dr updates every few hours because I cannot keep track of this thread while progressing in Elden Ring, lol.
    There is a leak named Dragonflight and someone larping as a dev, but it's almost all bullshit, the only thing we know for sure is the name is Dragonflight and there is a potentially real image of it leaked.

Catastrophy if you're reading this, which I'm sure you are, then please come confirm our suspicions about this guy.