10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If they do not fire Danuser and hire better writers the story will continue to be garbage, don't put your hopes up, i expect it to be worse than shadowlands, so if its on the same level or above i don't get disappointed.

Thus, the only thing that i care about are collections, the art team still do the job well and dragon thematic items are always good.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon swords*
    I hope everyone has 60 attack

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Sweeet! I'm not alone!
    Nope, I find them utterly boring as well. Especially Warcraft's dragons.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

"Filler" expansions are fine and IMO much needed. WoW has potential to last for several decades more but if they speedrun the story that potential will disappear.

BFA and shadowlands took 5 expansion concepts and condensed it into 2.

I would have much preferred BFA ->nazjatar expansion - >nya'lotha expansion- >wrath 2.0 ->shadowlands than what we got

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it the more issues I find with single spec classes and I just don't really see what they fix. Imagine you have always wanted to be a bard and your best friend has dreamed of being a chronomancer, so you both main them. You level up together, slowly, since you're both healers and cannot switch to anything else. Then you decide you want to do a dungeon. Sorry, you cannot do that, because neither of you can swap to a dps or tank spec. You can never play together in any content that doesn't allow for two healers. And what of tanks who like to play with their friends but HATE tanking random dungeons for strangers because of the shitty behaviour in such groups? Sometimes you just want to switch to dps and not be responsible for the group (same for healing, sometimes you just want to do some content and not be responsible for the group).

I just don't agree that single spec microclasses solves anything. The more I think about it the more problems I see it causing, such as with gobbling up more art resources than a single 2 or 3 spec class would, and social and gameplay issues caused by never being able to be anything other than just a healer or just a tank.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    The more I think about it the more issues I find with single spec classes and I just don't really see what they fix. Imagine you have always wanted to be a bard and your best friend has dreamed of being a chronomancer, so you both main them. You level up together, slowly, since you're both healers and cannot switch to anything else. Then you decide you want to do a dungeon. Sorry, you cannot do that, because neither of you can swap to a dps or tank spec. You can never play together in any content that doesn't allow for two healers. And what of tanks who like to play with their friends but HATE tanking random dungeons for strangers because of the shitty behaviour in such groups? Sometimes you just want to switch to dps and not be responsible for the group (same for healing, sometimes you just want to do some content and not be responsible for the group).

I just don't agree that single spec microclasses solves anything. The more I think about it the more problems I see it causing, such as with gobbling up more art resources than a single 2 or 3 spec class would, and social and gameplay issues caused by never being able to be anything other than just a healer or just a tank.
    I made a post earlier in the thread that there's the potential these are just shared 4th specs. As in, there just happens to be 4, each of different armor class types.

So like Dragon Knight could be a 4th spec for DK, Pally and Warrior for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    My big tinfoil theory right now is that Elune is a dragon herself, the leader of a new dragonflight that's white (which is what you get when you mix all other colors of light), and the one who created the dragonflights.

I also think Galakrond may have been her consort in times of yore and that the black dragonflight actually descended from Galakrond instead of Elune.

The dragons also came from the Moon. Yep. Yes.

O_O No. Nope. Its a terrible idea.

The dragons were proto-dragons, that descend from elementals from Azeroth... the elementals not trap into the Elemental Plane.

Galakrond was a massive proto-dragon, was a cannible, he ate the others proto-dragons to became bigger and stronger and that mutated him.
    Elune make the Dragons "Aspect" after they fought alongside Tyr against Galakrond, and btw Odyn was against this because dragon was creature easly to corrupt.

Dragons wasnt so intelligent creatures at first.

Also, Ysera was "Elune's pet", you dont make a pet one of your kin...

Elune is not a Dragon.

I suppose that the new expansion will start with the Winter Queen that give us new seeds to replant the World Trees, but to do that we need the Aspects Bless. Elune will be involved at same point to trasform the Dragons in Aspetcs again.

Maybe the Winter Queen will give to us the seeds to rebuild not only for the "Crown of the Heavens" (Nordrassil) but also the "Crown of the Snow" (Andrassil) in Grizzly Hill...

btw its time to introduce Void/light theme... and I think the shit will coming when Turalyon will try to purge the Scourge with the light...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2022-04-03 at 11:46 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I'm one of those people who doesn't tank or heal so I don't have to worry about the social problems around it

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Theoretically you're right, but when we look at BfA, we see an expansion that mixes both Grounded and Cosmic elements. We have literally a generic human kingdom but we also have a giant Satanic sword sticking out of the planet's crust and an Old God coming back.

I'm confident that the Cosmic aspect will still be featured in some way in Dragon Isles, and what better way to do so, than to involve Xal'atath? She's iconic, she's beloved, and now that she looks like a Void elf, she has a good design.
    I see where you're coming from with BfA being a mix of elements. However, Xal'atath has taken off to otherworldly domains and it's hard to imagine her coming back to us if our operation is purely in Azeroth.

It takes a lot of stretching to assume this expansion will feature heavy elements of Light/Void although it has been teased for a while now. That's why I compared this to how it felt when we kept dodging the Legion expansion for years.

To me, if the purpose of 10.0 isn't directed at the threat Zovaal talked about, it's a filler. Doesn't have to be direct, it could just be an undertone like N'Zoth was for BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nutcrackit View Post
    "Filler" expansions are fine and IMO much needed.
    Filler content isn't inherently bad, although sometimes the creator needs to read the room. WoW is in need of a Legion tier expansion, not a "play it safe" filler expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post

Do somebody recognize the „logo“ or „Seneca“
    It sort of looks familiar now that you mention it. I'm going searching for it now. There's just something about it that looks familiar and it's giving me a sense of Deja vu.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

I mean Elune's already shown to be related in some way to like half the forces in the cosmos, why not make her a dragon too while we're at it (especially as we saw the Oracle use Draconic as one of the languages while trying to communicate).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I made a post earlier in the thread that there's the potential these are just shared 4th specs. As in, there just happens to be 4, each of different armor class types.

So like Dragon Knight could be a 4th spec for DK, Pally and Warrior for example.
    Yeah but that's a different situation then. I specifically mean what that "leak" says. I am still not a fan of it as those just being 4th specs either but I'm talking less about finding a way that the leak could be real but the information just miscommunicated, and rather looking at the idea as it was presented.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by therewillbedragons View Post
    this info is quite old, but tldr

yes, dragon isles
    5 zones - blue/red/green/bronze surrounding black zone in center. center has a huge tower like wyrmrest but massively bigger.
    there's one very large island off coast and a few small ones.

leveling - players align with a draconic house immediately when they start expansion
    basically covenants but there is no/little player power, all cosmetic. no covenant abilities.
    renown, soulbinds, mission table were all in but straight copy pasted from SL. they will likely be changed and/or removed.
    there is anima type power to collect. covenants have a shared pool instead of 4 separate. 'anima' can also be spent on open world powerups.
    linear story for leveling, but there are 4 variants based on which house you choose (determines order that you go through leveling zones)
    stories converge at 68 when you enter center zone

black dragonflight zone central tower contains the big expansion system. it's sort of like torghast but each room is a single encounter with a miniboss or group of enemies (no trash). some rooms also had a non combat event/challenge. complete a room and choose the next one from a branching tree map. you can see type of encounter + room reward (ie anima power) type before choosing. final boss at end. unsure of permanent rewards/legendaries/etc tied to this system. it was more fun than torghast in my very limited experience.

story: wrathion trying to reunite aspects, etc. healing the land (center zone) with green dragon's help. infinite dragonflight sees him changing the timeline and interferes - they are subject of first raid. in the bronze zone because timey things.

cross faction is in. group through group finder only. could talk in party/raid chat but not in open world or public channels. no xfaction guilds.

no new class
    talk of adding tank specs to some pure dps classes. hunter and warlock were being worked on. doubt this will actually make it to release.
    this one is it y'all

I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by therewillbedragons View Post
    Beautiful. Just to put the final nail in the dragon coffin, all the stuff I posted was fake as well. Was gonna just do the one and done post, but got real lucky with the xfaction announcement so I figured I had to keep it going and made the stupid ms paint map, expecting that it would be laughed out of the thread. I made everything purposely boring to make it sound more realistic.

I hope 10.0 blows all our pants off and makes everyone's leaks look bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    this one is it y'all
    Probably is it. It's the lamest, most tame, boring ass expansion just like Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Probably is it. It's the lamest, most tame, boring ass expansion just like Shadowlands
    It's going to be that, with a bunch of buzzwording different than shadowlands. Instead of covenants, there's going to be ultra gangs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And someone has been possibly ousted as a genuine developer
    What's their @?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't think so
    You can tell who lives in this thread and who only visits it haha
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    You can tell who lives in this thread and who only visits it haha

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    But why not just dragonsworn (which exists in lore..sort of)? There’s just too much stuff in the “leak” for micro classes that doesn’t make logical sense from a design perspective. You can make any random, non lore relevant class you want into just one spec, and you choose to make up one with an incredibly similar name to another class? You make Necromancers, wardens, dark rangers, and dragonsworn class skins but then make chronomancers and dragon knights actual classes?

I find it strains belief on so many fronts.
    To do a jab at DotA and Icefrog, since their HotS died like shit, maybe its revenge time.
    Davion, the Dragon Knight
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

7+ Year Old Account
    anything that wasn't Legion was "filler", lets be honest, wow is a world with different enemies and forces, we can focus each one of then, wow isn't a singleplayer game with a single storyline to have "fillers";

It was when they tried to do some 10years spawn story from expansions that got us into this mess, i for once gladly welcome something more "grounded and isolated" in the realms of the mortal world like cataclysm and MOP were, with just some elements of exterior forces.

I do hope wow try to piggyback the current success of dungeons and dragons and made something at least palatable.