lol the panic over the name. it's far better than any of the names from the 'leaks'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    inb4 we get that Syndragosa style login screen for Dragonflight with Alexstrasza or some other dragons flying randomly every now and then.
    Ooooh I want this! Though there wouldn't be the rush to log in before she roars now with the launcher and the big fancy "reconnect" button.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Imagine if the new expansion was just a direct continuation of Shadowlands with all the disappointing First One stuff. Everything is robots and building blocks. What little original lore remains about the Titans is wiped away. Zereth This, Zereth That. No new race or class.

Oh, I completely misread your original post!

That would be really cool actually!
    Every zone is a separated Zerreth zone and Oribos is still our capital. Covenants are expanded to include even more options for other cosmic forces. End boss is the void lords. END WOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Exactly. They will probably present Alex’s backstory in a subtle way, but not graphically or explicitly dive into it, and they shouldn’t. It is a game people use to escape, and with the high number of sexual assaults survivors there is, forcing such a trope back in the game would be really terrible taste. They’ll probably « suggest it » and remain vague, and that’s enough.
    Yeah, I could see some dialogue saying her soul was violated in heinous ways. Or something really small like that. No details.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Every zone is a separated Zerreth zone and Oribos is still our capital. Covenants are expanded to include even more options for other cosmic forces. End boss is the void lords. END WOW.
    Man, include a First Ones-style class with that expansion and I would be all for it. Ultimate cosmic war experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomba the Shaman View Post
    What do people think about this microclasses thing? Sure we have DH with only 2 specs when the norm is 3, but would they go so far to say 'nah, 1 spec-1 class is ok'?
    Its pretty ridiculous. Not alone as a concept but the thought that Blizzard would add 4 of them at the same time. Why would they ever double down on an idea like that? Not to mention with the return of tier sets it seems more unlikely they're going to give the artist 33% more work.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its pretty ridiculous. Not alone as a concept but the thought that Blizzard would add 4 of them at the same time. Why would they ever double down on an idea like that? Not to mention with the return of tier sets it seems more unlikely they're going to give the artist 33% more work.
    And their selection for these classes is bizarre. They’ll make a minstrel a class before a dark ranger, a necromancer, or a warden?

It’s not that far-fetched if it comes at the cost of zone leveling sets. Which you wouldn’t have in an expansion with no leveling.

In fact, hear me out: it’s possible they change their philosophy on tier sets, and we work toward a base starting set as pre-raid gear doing the content. Meaning almost all the sets designed for the expansion would be tier set or tier set adjacent.

The same people would’ve called 36 artifact weapons with 6 unique appearances and 4 colors each too much effort on top of a new class. I did too, until I talked to some of the artists. They love this shit.

so the dal updates are northrend version

lets go intro scenario where dalaran gets draco busted

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so the dal updates are northrend version

lets go intro scenario where dalaran gets draco busted
    Dalaran Mages: “Here we go, moving again”

I could definitely see micro classes going in a similar vein as allied races. We get new options, but with the understanding that they're not going to get the full class treatment. That may mean no new tier set appearances for them, they have to use recycled assets. Perhaps the artists make an iconic set for each of these classes similar to heirloom gear and that gets recyclesld, perhaps they find old gear in the game that's thematic to them and recolor/polish it, or maybe they just get recolors of the generic raid gear for that tier.

Then they could potentially release these micro classes early as an attempt to drive preorders. They've been ramping up their preorder selling game every expansion, and there is precedent with allied races.

I could see this as a huge positive change for WoW if it's included with system overhauls to make the game much more multi-characrer friendly. Not having to relevel to 60 would be a huge boon to making 1-spec classes more appealing, and being able to do your rep grinds/dailies/whatever on a DPS spec alt and have the progress carry over would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lystic View Post
    I could definitely see micro classes going in a similar vein as allied races. We get new options, but with the understanding that they're not going to get the full class treatment. That may mean no new tier set appearances for them, they have to use recycled assets. Perhaps the artists make an iconic set for each of these classes similar to heirloom gear and that gets recyclesld, perhaps they find old gear in the game that's thematic to them and recolor/polish it, or maybe they just get recolors of the generic raid gear for that tier.

Then they could potentially release these micro classes early as an attempt to drive preorders. They've been ramping up their preorder selling game every expansion, and there is precedent with allied races.

I could see this as a huge positive change for WoW if it's included with system overhauls to make the game much more multi-characrer friendly. Not having to relevel to 60 would be a huge boon to making 1-spec classes more appealing, and being able to do your rep grinds/dailies/whatever on a DPS spec alt and have the progress carry over would help too.
    I don’t think 4 more sets per tier is really that much to ask; it would come at the cost of some other armor sets/art assets but they would’ve figured that out when they first decided on the concept. The art team has tackled insane challenges before, 4 more sets of a specific theme isn’t going to be as big an ask as people think if those new classes are the biggest focus/selling point in the expac.

I think the class skins are more concerning, myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    And their selection for these classes is bizarre. They’ll make a minstrel a class before a dark ranger, a necromancer, or a warden?
    And the class skin for the warden described in that post doesn't actually have anything to do with or resemble a warden and reads like someone who has no idea what they are but linked them to demon hunters because they featured in Legion alongside them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    I don’t think 4 more sets per tier is really that much to ask; it would come at the cost of some other armor sets/art assets but they would’ve figured that out when they first decided on the concept. The art team has tackled insane challenges before, 4 more sets of a specific theme isn’t going to be as big an ask as people think if those new classes are the biggest focus/selling point in the expac.

I think the class skins are more concerning, myself.
    Keep in mind Blizz already ditched class sets for two entire expacs because designing class specific sets (the art and the bonuses) was burning them out and just too much. They only brought them back because of the sheer demand. Adding four more all at once is just asking them to burn out again even faster.

"Other armour" is more freeing because it doesn't have to be linked to a class fantasy or race identity and doesn't come with set bonuses either.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Keep in mind Blizz already ditched class sets for two entire expacs because designing class specific sets (the art and the bonuses) was burning them out and just too much. They only brought them back because of the sheer demand. Adding four more all at once is just asking them to burn out again even faster.

"Other armour" is more freeing because it doesn't have to be linked to a class fantasy or race identity and doesn't come with set bonuses either.
    Trust me, I’m aware; but it came right back and bit them. People hated that a WHOLE lot and they never heard the end of it. Now they’re saying they’re here to stay.

So now, imagine they shift gears. In an expansion entirely designed with endgame in mind, they can design sets from the get-go without needing to worry about leveling sets. Imagine an entire paradigm shift where pre-raid progression is about finishing the story and getting a set bonus and getting ready for raid.

If this wasn’t supposedly an expansion entirely based on endgame, I’d see your point, (you can’t gradually build a set questing in a world where you gain levels and outgrow gear) but this is a chance to approach things entirely differently. Imagine something like the class order sets + covenant sets, but you get a piece per major story beat. It’s a good incentive to do the story for people who wouldn’t be as pressed when they don’t have to level.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-04-05 at 02:20 AM.

Hi, can someone kindly summarize the last 50 pages? is there any new info? thank you!

Trust me, I’m aware; but it came right back and bit them. People hated that a WHOLE lot and they never heard the end of it. Now they’re saying they’re here to stay.

So now, imagine they shift gears. In an expansion entirely designed with endgame in mind, they can design sets from the get-go without needing to worry about leveling sets. Imagine an entire paradigm shift where pre-raid progression is about finishing the story and getting a set bonus and getting ready for raid.

If this wasn’t supposedly an expansion entirely based on endgame, I’d see your point, (you can’t gradually build a set questing in a world where you gain levels and outgrow gear) but this is a chance to approach things entirely differently. Imagine something like the class order sets + covenant sets, but you get a piece per major story beat. It’s a good incentive to do the story for people who wouldn’t be as pressed when they don’t have to level.
    I'd be okay with this. And/or lifting ESO's champion points.

I only hope they'd make it so you can go 50-60 anywhere but shadowlands lol

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I'd be okay with this. And/or lifting ESO's champion points.

I only hope they'd make it so you can go 50-60 anywhere but shadowlands lol
    They should honestly just up Chromie time to 60 and include Shadowlands, which I’m sure is what’ll happen no matter what we get

Adding an extra spec for 4 classes would make more sense and would be a lot more efficient then 4 mini classes that have only 1 spec each, but never the less have brand new assets made for them (tier sets, new spells, animations etc).
    As a matter of fact, if that leak is legit, I believe that's exactly what going on: that is, we're getting 4 new specs for existing classes.

Probably the leaker got the info when the concept was early in developement or he didn't understand/got confused.

If true it could be something like this: Dragon Knight for warrior or paladin; Tinker for hunter or shaman; Minstrel for rogue; and Chronomancer for priest or mage.
    Im basing these of armor types provided by the leak page.

They should honestly just up Chromie time to 60 and include Shadowlands, which I’m sure is what’ll happen no matter what we get
    I really really want them to do that, though that might put a hold on me leveling most of my alts until then.

10+ Year Old Account

Where does this idea come from except that leak?
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

People need to get that leak out of their head. Again, the guy's banned. Usually not a great sign in terms of legitimacy. Lordaeron, Dalaran, Quel'thalas are all easy guesses. The Dalaran being updated was specifically the one in Northrend which can, again, mean that it has some application in the pre-event, perhaps related to Galakrond, not necessarily that it's a full-time hub.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-05 at 03:11 AM.