Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They certainly can be, Blizz retcons shit for breakfast, it would just be very dumb to choose to do that.

Dragons dont need to all powerful like Titans/Eternal Ones/First Ones/Second Ones/First Twos/Etc ad nauseum. They can just be pretty powerful aspects of the earth and it's even better.

However it wouldn't be "We don't have the full picture" it would be 100% retcon if they decide to turn them into being that level. We have receipts for their power level and place in the grand scheme of thing.
    Dragons speak the language of life apparently so they can easily say the dragons arr more important than we thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Sorry, not to distract from the awesome speculation and excitement for the new expansion, but does anyone think we'll see Zandalari, Kultiran, dark iron, maghar customization coming like we got for lightforged, highmountain, nightborne? I'd assume it'd be in the 9.2.5 patch no?
    No more customization coming. Allied Races weren't supposed to get any in the first place.

I am sure we wil see many dragon related retcons

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Don’t see how; it offers variety and hype when they need it. What is it lacking? Flexibility? That could be baked into the singular spec design. Design philosophies change over time anyway.
    You can't make a 5 man party with two tanks or healers. That's why every class needs to have atleast two specs for two roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Sorry, not to distract from the awesome speculation and excitement for the new expansion, but does anyone think we'll see Zandalari, Kultiran, dark iron, maghar customization coming like we got for lightforged, highmountain, nightborne? I'd assume it'd be in the 9.2.5 patch no?
    I honestly figure that they're less in need of it. Perhaps Kul Tirans could use more love, but I think the Zandalari and Mag'har at least are awesome enough and Dark Iron are in a pretty good place.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I like how consistently this userbase takes the things that could fix the horrible design flaws the game has been suffering for decades and act like it's the worst thing that could happen to the game.
    Microclasses by definition are terrible because they will be treated like second-rate features.

This means no tier, no flavor aside from what's out of the box, nothing like an artifact or class hall because making all that for one spec is useless.

Which then players of said microclass will feel like they're wasting their time, this isn't XIV, if you roll a microclass just to get nothing, you have to completely redo your class to play something else.

And then if they do get special attention and features, then what is the point of the microclass moniker? It's just a lose-lose either way. This isn't even getting into the fact that the DF leak is obviously fake.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Thoughts on the main villains of Dragonflight? I think it will be the Twilight Dragonflight, there was a ton of lore in BFA about them, re-emerging from Grim Batol, and there even being a clutch of Twilight Dragon eggs in N'zoths final boss area. If you recall, Xal'atath, is originally acquired in Grim Batol, I don't think that is entirely a coincidence. Xal'atath + the Twilight Dragons could be a deadly combination. It combines the threat into both a Dragon threat and a Void threat, I think it could be it.

Void + Dragons also gives us the best version of Galakrond.

https://i.imgur.com/B3TJ5xN.png[/IMG]
    I get this feeling increasingly in my jibblies that there won't be a major front and center villain, at least not at launch.

They tried that with the Jailer and nobody cared, so I'm guessing they'll pendulum the other way again. Twilight Dragons, Undead Dragons, Infinite Dragons, even Traitor Dragons. It might all seem random but we'll find out by the end someone was pulling all those individual strings.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was already mentioned, but it looks like Simaia/keyboardturn confessed to creating the Living World leak.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...YmEP6C1Fg&s=19

I just hope they weren't the one spamming it on MMOC and lashing out at people who didn't think it was very convincing. Probably not. That guy was completely bonkers.

And yeah, it might not have been the most convincing "leak" and it's kind of a shame the real leak came out like half an hour after it was published, but it is what it is. Shit happens. It looks like they still had fun making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im confused.
    I meant you may upset Dalaran T-T

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Dalaran Mages: “Here we go, moving again”
    Time to prepare the boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Not sure if this was already mentioned, but it looks like Simaia/keyboardturn confessed to creating the Living World leak.

I just hope they weren't the one spamming it on MMOC and lashing out at people who didn't think it was very convincing. Probably not. That guy was completely bonkers.

And yeah, it might not have been the most convincing "leak" and it's kind of a shame the real leak came out like half an hour after it was published, but it is what it is. Shit happens. It looks like they still had fun making it.
    I mean it was obviously fake, but if they had fun, meh I won't blame them!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The what? I never even heard of this one.

I thought you meant they faked the LivingWorld strings.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Which then players of said microclass will feel like they're wasting their time, this isn't XIV, if you roll a microclass just to get nothing, you have to completely redo your class to play something else.
    This is why an elective spec system would make more sense. If the one spec was something you chose to add to your classes' selection. A few general abilities but for the most part all abilities are locked to the spec: A Death Knight Minstrel & A Mage Minstrel would have the same rotations, but the Mage Minstrel has Time Warp & the Death Knight Minstrel has a battle rez. Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    And their selection for these classes is bizarre. They’ll make a minstrel a class before a dark ranger, a necromancer, or a warden?
    Because a bard, minstrel or tinker would actually be something totally new. Just like Demon Hunter & Death Knight & Monk were very new & iconic. Dark Ranger is extremely close to hunter, especially after giving them undead taming. Necromancer is extremely similar to any of the casters, especially after giving them necrolord customization. Warden are just militant elves. etc. The game feels like it needs new Healers & Tanks, not new dps specs.
    You are in denial. Its the next wow xcac.
    You're most likely correct, which I already explained in my post. So thanks for replying in the nastiest way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    If they added 4 new classes but didn't give them tier sets, that would suck immensely. I can at least understand not giving them order halls, but no tier sets? Right after they reintroduced them?
    Yeah one of the bigger issues with DHs is how limited their transmog options are. It works for them because most DHs just walk around half naked anyway. Still whatever class is added needs at least to get at least a few iconic mogs FAST for it to work. Dark Ranger as a Hunter reskin easily has options. Necromancer also has options (though I am not that impressed with the Necrolord cloth armor; I'd say Mythic SoO plus Gul'dan staff from Movie are their best bet if they are a warlock reskin). But something like a Minstrel will live and die on looking cool. Just the instrument mogs would have to be so varied, it'd be a lot of work for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    I am sure we wil see many dragon related retcons
    Let's prepare for zereth vitae, the facility where dragon aspects are built.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    You mean the moon dragon eternal one, Elune?

5+ Year Old Account
    Turns out Dragons were robots all along
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't joke with that, Danuser will sure do some shit like that.

He would 100% forget/retcon that the aspects were protodrakes, or say protodrakes were "build" like robots. Honestly this is what dread me most in a dragon expansion, how they will butcher it
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-05 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    This means no tier, no flavor aside from what's out of the box, nothing like an artifact or class hall because making all that for one spec is useless.
    Wait, you think if Tinker or Necromancer or any of the classes we can easily imagine multiple specs for was going to be added, that they would get artifacts and class halls???
    And why would micro classes not get tier? They'd get tier for new raids like everyone else. They'd be severely lacking in mogs since they would be missing all the class-specific mog everyone else (except DHs and to a lesser extend monks) have, but they'd still be getting a comparable amount going forward.

5+ Year Old Account
    Id rather have Gilneas and Silvermoon, or even a Neutral Lordaeron city.

I don't think Neutral Lordaeron is out of the cards either. Humans and their undead kin. Lightfallen sharing a common bond with regular undead.
    You and me both. Would suck for Genn, but what else is new? And I do miss Mr Crowley, Lorna and Tess. We need more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Don't joke with that, Danuser will sure do it some shit like that.

He would 100% forget/retcon that the aspects were protodrakes, or say protodrakes were "build" like robots. Honestly this is what dread me most in a dragon expansion, how they will butcher it
    That's what I dread for a revamp in general. A revamp is a chance to do a massive amount of world building. But do I really want to know what kind of world building Danuser would do?

Btw I know this was discussed earlier but on the Eternals vs Titans question.
    Our characters, at the highest level of power they have ever been, armed with planet busting artifacts and with direct empowerment by the rest of the Pantheon still got killed by Argus and had to grab a combat rez from Eonar to survive the fight.

Meanwhile our characters with some minor empowerment by mostly run of the mill NPCs (soulbinds) and some knowledge of Death Magic (Covenant abilities) subdued the only Eternal one who is probably at his normal power level in the case of Denathrius (Kyrestia and WQ should be strained thin by the drought). Zovaal is roided up far beyond his normal power level and we still beat the crap out of him with no extraordinary help.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-05 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually didn't catch that at first, but I think you're right. It seems to have a subtle greenness to it and adjusting saturation on Photoshop proves it.

A dark green logo... Hmm... I mean I don't really like the look of the logo that much anyway, but haven't we had quite a few green expansion logos over the years?

TBC, MoP, Legion, and now Dragonflight?

And yeah I'm still a little bit mad that the logo isn't covered in flames since it's an expansion about dragons. But I suppose green makes sense if the Dragons = Life theories prove to be correct.
    Are we sure it's not an illusion from it being grainy and CMYK black? Print job might give that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It wont happen but Imagine a dragon isles expansion with no major villain at all. Each raid is you helping a specific flight with the patch content being spread around different zones telling complete stories. Just fun not stretched out adventures.
    This is exactly what I want and what I think the game badly needs. Seed the foreshadowing necessary for bigger bads in the future of course, but lets go back to a vanilla/tbc approach for a bit.