Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Was hyped about SL and starting from the announcement it just took a nose dive. At this point I'll either be indifferent or very pleasantly surprised. Everyone is doing it their own way.

At the very least I can say that the random "leaker's" link I reacted to had zero hype to it.
    My expectations are below ground. There are some things on the 'ugh' list, as in make me way less likely to play, and other things on the 'if they do this they might get me back longer than a month' list.

But I'll be honest. Azeroth has gone from my digital home to a place I visit once in awhile for nostalgia and to check out where the story is at. So instead of going to other games and them coming 'home' to azeroth, I now consider another game my home and azeroth a place to visit.

Makes me a little sad. Met my wife in WoW, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    No, there is no confirmed connection between the two.
    I feel like the Brokers were such a wasted opportunity. Especially Ve'nari.

I would kill for Blizzard to add an expansion without levels. It's been a core issue of their expansion design philosophy since BC and getting rid of it would be monumental to fixing the game.

I was hoping for something interesting to datamined the other day, but what we got was a tiny build with nothing new as far as information. Something tells me they're holding back the really juicy stuff for the expansion announcement because whatever else on the PTR is encrypted.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    Shadowlands and Sylvanas was death, Dragonflight and Alexstrasza is life

The dragons were given their powers by the titans, aka order, to keep...order on azeroth.

Sorry but that's just false. 10.0, if dragonflight, isn't life.

Also the emerald dream was created by eonar, who is a titan.

There is a lot more blending of the cosmic powers than simply each expansion focusing on one cosmic power.

Shadowlands is essentially the equivalent of an emerald dream expansion (if we had ever been so lucky), it's one fraction of death. We still don't quite know how other cosmic beings deaths work, excluding fel.

It feels like blizzard kinda screwed with the lore in that sense, it's shown on the chart, as shadowlands being the opposite of the emerald dream, but then made the "pantheon of death" equivalent of the titans, when they have shown really no such power, nor did the jailer.

The jailer had to get the pantheon out of the way for a reason, the titan++ comments were silly, and nothing the eternal ones did has been particularly noteworthy or significant compared to the titans.

The titans were shown to order entire beings and races into existence, able to kill an old god by plucking them out of a planet, to destroy worlds easily, and at no cost to them, where as the winter queen had to sacrifice part of her own essence to....save a single soul.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2022-04-08 at 02:27 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Now that we're near the end of the leak season what do you guys think:

1. Dragonflight is a mainland expansion with Dragon Isles being the central continent;
    2. Dragonflight is a revamp expansion like Cataclysm, and Dragon Isles is just a zone like Twilight Highlands;
    3. Dragonflight is something new, maybe a mix of the two options above;
    4. Dragonflight is not the next expansion!

Personally, I'm hoping for option 2... for obvious reasons.

Maybe a bit off topic but I'd love if they re-created that image for Dragonflight. Especially now that we have a proper Demon Hunter.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    It might have been mentioned earlier, but given Wrathion's history, I wonder if the singular "Dragonflight" means that he will, whether they like it or not, merge the flights into one flight, as this is how he feels victory can only be achieved. Perhaps Wrathion will orchestrate the release/reincarnation of Chromatus to force the flights to join together, and his desire for power turns him into, well, his dear old dad, and we get Blackwing 2: Draconic Boogaloo.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The dragons were given their powers by the titans, aka order, to keep...order on azeroth.

Sorry but that's just false. 10.0, if dragonflight, isn't life.

Also the emerald dream was created by eonar, who is a titan.
    The dream was "created" by Freya, not Eonar, according to chronicles, unless they retconed that.

And there is no confirmation if she created from nothing, or always existed as some sort of dream of the titan azeroth, so she linked and shaped what is today emerald dream

It feels like blizzard kinda screwed with the lore in that sense, it's shown on the chart, as shadowlands being the opposite of the emerald dream, but then made the "pantheon of death" equivalent of the titans, when they have shown really no such power, nor did the jailer.
    They screw it mostly because this is a tentative to copy the cosmic chart of D&D, there, the planes make some sort of sense. Here they don't.

Shadowlands and emerald dream are supposed to be the shadowfell and the feywild, two imprints/ somehow copies of the material plane, one of light and one of darkness.

But they tried to do their own thing, similar and different and slip on the banana with the "first ones" the forces and the outside force.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    It might have been mentioned earlier, but given Wrathion's history, I wonder if the singular "Dragonflight" means that he will, whether they like it or not, merge the flights into one flight, as this is how he feels victory can only be achieved. Perhaps Wrathion will orchestrate the release/reincarnation of Chromatus to force the flights to join together, and his desire for power turns him into, well, his dear old dad, and we get Blackwing 2: Draconic Boogaloo.
    I don't think this is what will happen, but I DO agree that the singular "Dragonflight" is notable and mostly being glossed over.

I wonder if "Dragonflight" is less the referring to the flights, and if it's more referring to like.... an event.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    This is def something i can see blizz doing, "lets unite cause we love each other and peace" so its less work to write 5 different ones plus the enemies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    I don't think this is what will happen, but I DO agree that the singular "Dragonflight" is notable and mostly being glossed over.

I wonder if "Dragonflight" is less the referring to the flights, and if it's more referring to like.... an event.
    I do think its reffering to ane vent as well, just like cataclysm, the flight of the dragons event

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh a stat squish could do that by itself. It would have to be quite severe.
    How would that work with previous expansion content? You'd suddenly have raids that couldn't be cleared with the gear they drop. I believe this would be a tad more complicated than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It's the first real update on them and what they have going on overall since Ysera died that we know about. Im kind of expecting it to be a Dragon flight to the Dragon Isles kinda thing. They're heading to their homeland to figure out wtf is going on and we tag along as exemplary examples of what the Alliance and Horde have to offer. Kind of expecting Flynn to make an appearance again and probably a couple of other next-gen of WoW characters, maybe Taelia? Can't think of any Horde examples.

But that with the sailing to new adventure vibe at least for the release version Im sure patches will lead up to something bigger but I think they're gonna try and go MoP with it. Or at least that's my hope.
    Yeah, I could buy something like that. A "rising of the dragons" back to their ancestral homeland, or an invitation of mortals, or maybe even just we all notice they're flying off and go follow them out of curiosity. They've said they want to pull the scale back some rather than keep ramping things up, so something... lower key, more explorative at the start seems very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wait is that confirmed?

- - - Updated - - -

Thats WoD right?
    Not confirmed but we do know
    Ethereals planet was destroyed
    Brokers planet was destroyed
    Cartel Xy has ties to areas with the ethereals
    Cartel Ai was believed lost when the planet was destroyed
    Both groups have similar and I mean almost exactly the same tech

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kay22019 View Post
    This is all I'm going to reveal. You'll have to wait until the 19th for the rest.

Dragon Isles are not in or around the Eastern Kingdoms. That's a long since scrapped idea from before the game launched. The Dragon Isles will be implemented north of Azshara, and east of Winterspring.

Parts of the world are being revamped, but not in the way you might think. Night Elves will gain a new capitol city in a preexisting zone. Tirisfal is being overhauled. The Undercity is being reconstructed, featuring a new layout and motif. Azuremyst, Bloodmyst, Eversong, Ghostlands, Gilneas, Kezan, and the Lost Isles will all be updated and rolled into their respective continents.

There are no plans to add any new classes to the game going forward at this point in time. New specializations are being experimented with, though. For now, class cosmetics are the focus. New customization options are coming for existing races, particularly the allied races. New potential allied races are also being evaluated, but nothing is concrete and there will be none at launch.

There will not be a level cap increase. This expansion is a trial run for the new "parallel content" model.

Turalyon and Calia were set up to become the stand-in faction leaders for the Humans and Forsaken, respectively. Their stories will be expanded upon in the future, but they are not the focus of 10.0. Anduin AND Sylvanas are currently planned to return in the future.
    So
    Obvious stuff
    Vague stuff
    Things from leak wishlists

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So
    Obvious stuff
    Vague stuff
    Things from leak wishlists

sorry, have to correct you here.

From the Oribos Preview for Shadowlands on the Brokers

"Native to an unnamed realm of the Shadowlands, Brokers possess an innate affinity for locating anima, even in the midst of the current drought."

They're explicitly Shadowlands natives, not from the mortal plane like the Ethereals were. Nor is it mentioned their home realm was destroyed - and a realm is a far cry from a planet.

Cartel Al was also not fully believed lost, it was specifically Firim's expedition.... into the Sepulcher.

While there's many similarities, and in fact I believe they're probably just a new and improved take on the Ethereals, the Brokers are NOT the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Have you played 9.2? Cartel al is explicitly the Enlightened who dropped their prefix

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    12 days. Almost there!
    And in this very moment, I realized that it was not actually next week because time has no meaning anymore. Way to set myself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Have you played 9.2? Cartel al is explicitly the Enlightened who dropped their prefix
    But the Enlightened are (former) Cartel Al, not Cartel Ai, right?

Like the Broker formerly known as Al’Rana

Brokers were a mistake. They really should have just been Ethereals race wise, with "Broker" being their faction/title.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    But the Enlightened are (former) Cartel Al, not Cartel Ai, right?

Like the Broker formerly known as Al’Rana
    Not sure where people are getting cartel "Ai" from except as a misreading of Cartel AL

Yeah I'm pretty sure there is no Cartel Ai