Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    My hope is that the leaker misunderstood the micro classes, and they are actually microspecs.

Every Clothie gets Chronomancer, every Leather user gets Minstrel etc.etc.
    This is marginally better. Still a ton of work but it would be filling a smaller amount of abilities to existing class bases.

Even then, that's a pretty rough blow to the class fantasy of many.

My hope is that the leaker misunderstood the micro classes, and they are actually microspecs.

I hate this idea; it’s terrible and messy.

Just let them be their own thing and build on them. Don’t give every class a discount 4th spec that in many cases has nothing to do with them.

Warlocks and Chronomancer?

Shaman and Tinker?

DH and Minstrel?

It’s an awful idea. It makes much more sense as “4 class ideas that they wanted to create fantasy for and had enough variety they didn’t feel needed additional specs (which also helped deliver them.)

Each of these stands pretty well on their own thing. Specs are a permanent part of the game; people suggesting this don’t seem to get how it muddies the existing classes. It’s more work, but much cleaner as it’s own thing.

In fact, one of the things I find most compelling about the 1-spec classes is they cover themes that aren’t explored very well or at all among the existing classes.

Dragon Knight - Dragons

Tinker - Technology

Minstrel - Music

Chronomancer - Time (Now, you could argue Mages have this, but it’s not really a focus of Arcane at all, and I can see them wanting to do this instead of giving Mages a healing spec. There are many other aspects to Time in WoW that Mage doesn’t cover.)

Besides, this way, they can design one singular kit for each class, without having to design a spec kit for each class that also somehow works with that classes’ base abilities and talents. Trying to balance Minstrel DH vs. Minstrel Druid sounds like a nightmare on top of everything else.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-04-08 at 05:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account

So Mail armor getting Tinker
    "Yes, baby, let these "T" tears flow"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Though Lordaeron being a huge part of DF seems evident.
    Literally how. If anything Dragonflight name suggest Dragon Isles, not revamp. Of course revamp could be part of it, but it isn't evident at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Literally how. If anything Dragonflight name suggest Dragon Isles, not revamp. Of course revamp could be part of it, but it isn't evident at all.
    Dragon Isles were above Lordaeron in their initial location and all locations getting messed with in 9.2.5 are North EK.

Dragonflight does reflect Cata which would mean a revamp, but a partial revamp in the form of 5 zones (Tirisfal/Plaguelands and Eversong/Ghostlands) makes more sense than doing the entirety of the world at launch. It’s what caused Cata to have little patch content.

Also note that Shamans, Monks and Druids are absent from the class halls mentioned in the text leak, and two of those classes are tied closesly to Kalimdor. This could mean that they are included later in the expansion, and Kalimdor revamps could also come later.

Darkshore revamped a TON of Nelf assets, so we know a Nelf revamp or some new Nelf area is coming. It just may not be at launch (the green dragon being the CE mount may corroborate this: maybe you cant get one at launch? maybe the greens take a break at launch?)
    Last edited by Hypester; 2022-04-08 at 06:00 PM.

Retail 9.2.0 hotfix build also changed what is likely the texture containing the shop-related images for what we're assuming is the 10.0 preorder stuff (encrypted with the same key that encrypts some stuff around that emerald drake texture), so looks like they're still expecting whatever that is to become available very soon, cementing the theory of it being the preorder stuff (otherwise they could have waited for 9.2.5).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    Dragon Isles were above Lordaeron in their initial location and all locations getting messed with in 9.2.5 are North EK.

Dragonflight does reflect Cata which would mean a revamp, but a partial revamp in the form of 5 zones (Tirisfal/Plaguelands and Eversong/Ghostlands) makes more sense than doing the entirety of the world at launch. It’s what caused Cata to have little patch content.

Also note that Shamans, Monks and Druids are absent from the class halls mentioned in the text leak, and two of those classes are tied closesly to Kalimdor. This could mean that they are included later in the expansion, and Kalimdor revamps could also come later.
    They were over Lordaeron in the initial WoW alpha map, but if we go purely by established lore then the most likely homeland for the Dragons is probably more likely west of Kalimdor, given the Dragonriders of Loreth'aran are possibly linked to the mythical homeland of the Dragons (read: dragon isles), and Loreth'aran is on Bloodmyst isle.

It's likely Blizzard would reuse the old Dragon Isles placement since they have referenced it before, but it's hardly a given.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Retail 9.2.0 hotfix build also changed what is likely the texture containing the shop-related images for what we're assuming is the 10.0 preorder stuff (encrypted with the same key that encrypts some stuff around that emerald drake texture), so looks like they're still expecting whatever that is to become available very soon, cementing the theory of it being the preorder stuff (otherwise they could have waited for 9.2.5).
    Has anything changed besides the green drake and the vulpera pet? Or are there additional pieces now?

Has anything changed besides the green drake and the vulpera pet? Or are there additional pieces now?
    Nothing big, I've found some more information since the initial datamining I did on those files, but nothing big enough to post anywhere nor anything I'm going to talk about before they're released on the 19th.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of attention content creators are giving to the written Dragonflight leak makes me worried that they somehow know it's the real one. Bellular and Matt are talking about it on their stream right now, again, after Bellular already made a video about it. I really, really hope it's not the real leak because it sounds awful to me...

7+ Year Old Account

Darkshore revamped a TON of Nelf assets, so we know a Nelf revamp or some new Nelf area is coming. It just may not be at launch (the green dragon being the CE mount may corroborate this: maybe you cant get one at launch? maybe the greens take a break at launch?)
    I would expect the 10.0 collectors edition mount to be somewhat themed after Ysera similiar to the Deathwing and Alextrasza mounts we already got. That would make it different enough to other potential drake mounts in the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The amount of attention content creators are giving to the written Dragonflight leak makes me worried that they somehow know it's the real one. Bellular and Matt are talking about it on their stream right now, again, after Bellular already made a video about it. I really, really hope it's not the real leak because it sounds awful to me...
    And I hope it's the real leak because it sounds awesome and game saving.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Alternatively, it's the only one they could spin into "potentially legitimate," so they're milking it for all its worth.

The only content creator that has ever seemed to actually know inside information is Towellie. Not even kidding.

I wouldn’t take stock into Matt and Bellular covering a popular leak. Now, if Towellie starts talking about it, or it appears on Wowhead and MMOC front page (this is what happened with the ARs at the end of Legion)...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly, the fact that for two of those classes the single spec is healer. Outdoor content exists. If a healer is somehow tuned to have enough damage and control to play in the world without it being painful, they will simply be meta for every season.
    I thought about that but like, how different is that really from healer/tank specs right now anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAceofHearth View Post
    The problem is that if you level a minstrel(healer) and your friend levels a chronomancer(healer), or both of you are either of one of the classes, you can't queue up for dungeon finder, unless the system is also revamped and the roles are agnostics.
    Doesn't feel that much different from now if we both enjoy playing a healing spec but don't like the DPS.

Kinda feel like that wouldn't be "micro" though, if anything it'd be a macro since it is shared amongst several classes instead of one.

I'm not concerned, its just the hot thing to talk about. Wasn't Bellular touting that EoA thing a few weeks back too?

Nothing big, I've found some more information since the initial datamining I did on those files, but nothing big enough to post anywhere nor anything I'm going to talk about before they're released on the 19th.
    Well, that second part just makes it seem like you're holding onto something that is big enough to post.

Why is anyone giving that leak so much credibility? It's only as credible as "explosion of dragons"

I love the work you do for the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And I hope it's the real leak because it sounds awesome and game saving.
    Yeah, because removing leveling from an MMO sounds so amazing and game saving. I can't wait to not gain any levels going through the zones because it just feels so good when my character doesn't progress. And then you have four incomplete classes (that they would spin into "micro classes") and housing that's going to eat up all of Blizzard's resources so the rest of the expansion will be shit and devoid of content. Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Alternatively, it's the only one they could spin into "potentially legitimate," so they're milking it for all its worth.
    Could be. I hope that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Why is anyone giving that leak so much credibility? It's only as credible as "explosion of dragons"
    Weird hard to guess name (yes, singular Dragonflight is weird), guessed things that 9.2.5 seems to foreshadow a month later, and it’s not something obvious like “lol dragon islands dragon covenants dragon race and dragon class” so it’s interesting.

The third point is why I believe it. MMOC really wants me to believe that we’ll get an expansion that pigeonholed into a single theme? When Shadowlands did literally everything to make “lol death world” varied? Unless they thematically change every dragonflight they are quite literally palette swaps that sometimes hang out in different themed areas.
    Last edited by Hypester; 2022-04-08 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The leak guessed the name, so for the majority its real.

The name got allready guessed weeks before the „leak“ happened.

I also don’t beleive this. C‘mon