7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not really that hilarious. It's a sepulcher, a sepulcher is just a single building. You can't turn a single building into an entire zone.

Meanwhile Ny'alotha was an actual city and alternate dimension.
    The Sepulcher is a name, which they can attache to literally anything they want to.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You can turn anything you want into a zone, you could turn even a subset of a zone into a set of zones if you really wanted. If you took some time you could for instance easily turn a city like Suramar into an entire expansion, with varied zones, dungeons and raids.

Of course that doesnt mean you should. Which is why I have advocated in the past that areas like Argus were better as patch content instead of an expansion.

Ny'alotha could have been a zone though, definitely. Though it would need more than what we saw in the Raid. Though with that even the raid should have had more variety.
    No. You wouldn't be able to turn a single building into an entire zone.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who said this Sepulcher is a building?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Who said this Sepulcher is a building?
    And even if it was, you absolutely can turn a building into a zone.

The zone would just be said building.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You can turn anything you want into a zone, you could turn even a subset of a zone into a set of zones if you really wanted. If you took some time you could for instance easily turn a city like Suramar into an entire expansion, with varied zones, dungeons and raids.

Of course that doesnt mean you should. Which is why I have advocated in the past that areas like Argus were better as patch content instead of an expansion.

Ny'alotha could have been a zone though, definitely. Though it would need more than what we saw in the Raid. Though with that even the raid should have had more variety.
    Nyalotha had soooo much potential. That said, I guess we will get a proper "Voidlands" expansion down the line instead. Maybe combined with "Lightlands" - I could imagine that both planes are actually next to each other and the borders are changing similiar to the elementals zones on Azeroth back before the Titans came. Could make a cool feature where the zones change from light to void, similiar to N'Zoth Assaults!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    And even if it was, you absolutely can turn a building into a zone.

The zone would just be said building.
    I don't get people that talk with absolute certainty about stuff that clerly are debatable. In general 9.2/9.3 discussion get so heated in some cases that many people here will look like clowns in few months no matter what.

I'm like 90% sure Sepulcher will be zone and probably size of Tanaan/Argus/Nazjatar, but I would never say no other option is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Nyalotha had soooo much potential. That said, I guess we will get a proper "Voidlands" expansion down the line instead. Maybe combined with "Lightlands" - I could imagine that both planes are actually next to each other and the borders are changing similiar to the elementals zones on Azeroth back before the Titans came. Could make a cool feature where the zones change from light to void, similiar to N'Zoth Assaults!
    It's made-up place. It has infinite potential, but same can be said about Argus, Nazjatar, Shadowlands, Azeroth.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-07-13 at 10:25 AM.

Depends on the building. Not to mention that we have no idea what is supposed to be inside the building. But for pretty much all buildings in games you always have at least an outside, inside and roof. Then you can also have catacombs or otherwise abandoned areas, ruined areas and infected areas. (Infected possibly just meaning an area with a different aesthetic due to enemies there)

And that of course is assuming that the Sepulcher is floating in a void with nothing around it. It's easy to assume that the zone could be areas surrounding the Sepulcher.

The sky is the limit really when it comes to making zones.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Can you guys give me more information about the Sepulcher? How do you know about it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Can you guys give me more information about the Sepulcher? How do you know about it?
    The Sepulcher is mentioned by the Primus every 2 seconds.

The Jailer is collecting the sigils so he can enter it.
    That's the reason why we are reforging the sigil, so we can follow him in.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sep...the_First_Ones

Formerly known as Arafal

Not with that attitude, you can't.

Little imagination and you can.

I mean, Oribos is essentially a single building and a zone. Not a large one nor a questing zone (aside from a handful of ones anyway) but a zone nonetheless.

Besides, even though its called that, it could well be a whole zone and not a building, anyway. Or the zone is named after the building. Or its a nickname. Any number of possibilities, so I wouldn't be so pedantic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what's so special in last questline that it was hidden on PTR. Some peek into Sepulcher? Explanation how death was broken in the first place? I doubt it's reforging Arbiter key, it's something that rather fit for 9.2 intro quests

I wonder what's so special in last questline that it was hidden on PTR. Some peek into Sepulcher? Explanation how death was broken in the first place? I doubt it's reforging Arbiter key, it's something that rather fit for 9.2 intro quests
    I assume it's the first time that Sylvanas talks since the end of the raid, since I think it unlocks around the same time LFR Sylvanas does. If it was shown on PTR that Sylvanas was captured/soul reformed it would've been a huge spoiler.

Also there was a heavily WIP in-game cutscene of Sylvanas and Anduin talking in "memory form" that comes from his compass, which he left behind. So it may be a macguffin that lets us track him and the Jailer.

Reforging the sigils will probably be the 9.2 intro quest as Primus said we need to do it to follow Zovaal and I doubt they'll shove it all into the last campaign quest. But they could.

Could be that it spoils that Sylvanas survives and is captured at the end of the raid, not to mention it likely hints at what will happen in the expansion going forward.

Most likely I would imagine Blizzard hid it because they could though. They have the technology to do so. and they additionally ensure that players are at least engaged to play that part of the questline, or even just waiting around for it to be available on Youtube.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I don't mind the idea of an afterlife in WoW. It opens up a lot of potential new zones. But indeed I'm so over these four zones (yes, four). There's far more interesting things you can do with WoW's folklore and the afterlife than what happened here. A Loa zone, a zone for geomancers, the Ancestral plane, O'Grila, A full De Other Side zone. Every small race in WoW has a seed for more interesting zones.

The name 'Sepulcher' doesn't spark much hope for a drastically different zone. But indeed a new zone nonetheless.
    I'm pretty sure there's a area in Silverpine called The Sepulcher. I'm going to throw on 15 tin foil hats and say there's something there that we aren't supposed to let the jailer get.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanaan/Argus/Nazjatar,.
    one of these is not like the others

I will be very surprised if there is a 9.3, going by the current content cadence.

They're going to WoD this bad boy. One or two 9.2.X maybe, and then 10.0.

Not a moment too soon, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I will be very surprised if there is a 9.3, going by the current content cadence.

Same feelin here. I think they gonna cut that exp asap as they did with bfa end patch. Drop some world invasions and zone horrofic visions kinda. Endseason RAID and ofc new Cliff Hanger point. Or just invasions end short RAID.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a area in Silverpine called The Sepulcher. I'm going to throw on 15 tin foil hats and say there's something there that we aren't supposed to let the jailer get.

- - - Updated - - -

Sepulcher is literally just a fancy way of saying grave/graveyard. The hub in silverpine is excactly that, a graveyard. The chances of it relating to a low level questhub in silverpine forest are next to nonexistent. It most likely refers to the literal or figurative resting place of the first ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post

I could see them adding a 9.1.5 as well instead of a 9.2.5. Though it depends on what you mean with content cadence, plot wise they could always shoehorn in another side adventure where we need to find some McGuffin in another of the shadowland zones we haven't seen yet. Realistically I don't see them missing out on a big fat paycheck of expansion sales though. Especially since Blizzard doesn't have much in the pipeline for 2022.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, somehow I feel at the prospect of the order of the universe being turned upside down, the Titans might want get themselves involved in this mess as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sepulcher is literally just a fancy way of saying grave/graveyard. The hub in silverpine is excactly that, a graveyard. The chances of it relating to a low level questhub in silverpine forest are next to nonexistent. It most likely refers to the literal or figurative resting place of the first ones.
    Hell, there's a subzone in Maldraxxus named Sepulcher (of Knowledge) too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Hell, there's a subzone in Maldraxxus named Sepulcher (of Knowledge) too.
    The broker books confirm that the Sepulcher is not the one from Maldraxxus.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I mean size of the zone, not content. From that perspective Korthia (imo) is SL's Mechagon/Broken Shore.

But to be honest, all were nothing special, patch zone were never strong piece of content in WoW. Some story (far less we usually get in X.1 patches sadly - not talking about 6.1 of course), some dailies (fill the bar, world quests, regular dailies), some rares and reps.