Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We did not really get any detail on what actually is in the expansion. I doubt we'd have Reliquary and Explorer's League as the starting point for each faction and NOT have archeology.
    Well according to this interview: https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonf...-mythic-326780

Currently no plays for a return of Archaeology in Dragonflight, as the devs wants to focus on more core elements of professions for the expansion, like gathering and crafting. There might be something available for Archaeology eventually, but not on expansion release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not having a dedicated endgame zone is such a huge misstep. We need something new and fresh when hitting max level. And that’s what endgame zones are for. It’s so dumb to delay this until 10.1 or even 10.2.

BTW, I love that they revisit Uldaman. Such a cool dungeon.
    Well they said the gameplay at endgame will be different and more activity focuses in Dragonflight, whatever that means. Also the 4 main reps have additional story content at new reknown levels, so since you can do them all, that's way more end game than Shadowlands had at launch when you compare the 1 covenant plus the anemic launch Maw. Its too soon to tell, but its could be the best launch content ever if the 4 reps have anything close to covenant levels of unlocks and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDare View Post
    Oh. Well that's stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also based on the interviews I guess this is gonna be another case where at least on launch the max level exclusive zones are subzones of the 4. Even more so since they stated that as we upgrade our dragonriding we will be able to access new areas. I mean depending how they pull off the max level subzones. But a max level exclusive zone is a safe bet and weird not to do it. I guess BFA didn't have one (except revamps until 8.2). We might have the badlands be revamped with the uldaman dungeon tho.

But yeah, I really hope they aren't overhyping the huge zones in size. Like it would be cool if we got the 4 zones together to be the size between mop (7 zones on main continent without surrounding islands for patches) and wod at least (again 7 zones including tanaan since it is on the main landmass).
    Having a single zone be almost 2x a mop or draenor zone could be cool. And it kinda makes sense what they were saying about it needing to be bigger as it is the homeland of dragons.

Still we have barely touched the surface I believe of what will be populating those zones, at most we saw half a dozen of the friendlies/enemies
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are waiting 9.2.5 to open up pre-orders ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    And how does darkfallen fit into Dragonflight or Shadowlands?
    Into SL perhaps with the 9.2.5 I guess. Like how they made story around Dark Iron in 8.0 so they would fit

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    We might have the badlands be revamped with the uldaman dungeon tho.
    Yeah maybe it is an opportunity to have the zone not look like a bad dragon dildo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Oh shit that's true. I wonder if we barely scratched the surface of the new zones and those models will be in other unseen parts?
    Yeah, I went on about that in a post I did before reading this, but if they are huge zones and one of the biggest continents (top 4) then the size of each zone could potentially be equal to 2x a mop or wod zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I feel like at the bare minimum this expansion needs Allied Races, added frequently throughout the expansion.

If Blizz are so determined to stick to Dracthyr being Evokers only then it would be wise for them to appease players who want to play dragon esque characters but not the Evoker playstyle.

Throw in either Drakonids or the Cataclysm Dragonmen as an Allied Race.

Other go to choices should be Tuskarr(easy win), Furlbolgs(easy win), Vrykul(EASY win), Gnolls and Centaur.
    Darkfallen for 9.2.5.

Vrykul and Tuskarr for 10.2.
    Dragonmen for 10.3.5.

Oh. Well that's stupid.
    Honestly Archaeology has kinda been pointless ever since Cataclysm. I imagine that had it been made now it would have been an expansion feature specifically to explore the revamped zones, not actually intended to be a feature that is carried forwards.

The most substantial thing we get from Archaeology is lore, and while that is great the means of which we aquire it leaves quite a lot of room for improvement.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah maybe it is an opportunity to have the zone not look like a bad dragon dildo.
    But Alexstraza needs some pleasure since she is without consort, why else would we go there?

But yeah, seeing how they are revamping Uldaman it would make sense. Is the revamped uldaman going to just be a prepatch dungeon or also on launch I wonder. The website hints also at a dungeon in a new wing of Uldaman so are we gonna have 2 uldaman dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly Archaeology has kinda been pointless ever since Cataclysm. I imagine that had it been made now it would have been an expansion feature specifically to explore the revamped zones, not actually intended to be a feature that is carried forwards.

The most substantial thing we get from Archaeology is lore, and while that is great the means of which we aquire it leaves quite a lot of room for improvement.
    I think they did a fine job of making a minigame out of it in Legion, especially with the addition of the elite zones and the chance to spawn elites for more fragments, the biweekly rotation for a rare collectible and all the lore and quests in them.

- - - Updated - - -

But Alexstraza needs some pleasure since she is without consort, why else would we go there?

But yeah, seeing how they are revamping Uldaman it would make sense. Is the revamped uldaman going to just be a prepatch dungeon or also on launch I wonder. The website hints also at a dungeon in a new wing of Uldaman so are we gonna have 2 uldaman dungeons?
    Well Uldaman is massive enough for a megadungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they did a fine job of making a minigame out of it in Legion, especially with the addition of the elite zones and the chance to spawn elites for more fragments, the biweekly rotation for a rare collectible and all the lore and quests in them.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they bring back the profession questlines.

But yeah Uldaman could be a megadungeon

I hope they bring back the profession questlines.

But yeah Uldaman could be a megadungeon
    WIsh they could somehow retcon Uldaman. Probably one of the worst things we've done as adventurers. Poor Ironaya and Archaedas.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess what I should be saying is that I don't thikn Archaeology as a profession really works. What it really should be is just it's own quirky expansion specific means of gathering lore.

You didnt need the Legion Archaeology to actually have Archaeology, it could have just been the questlines with individual minigames attached.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree wholeheartedly. I fear they'll pull a Tanaan Jungle and give us the Dracthyr zone as patch content.
    Honestly, depending on its size and visuals I might be okay with that. It couldn't be any worse than the broken shore or korthia. I kinda wish they had used the demon hunter zone instead of Broken shore for 7.2.

5+ Year Old Account

Archaeology needs better rewards. Like have the great vault gain completion from handing in artifacts. Or a chance to showcase your restored archaeological artifacts in your player housing. Or a chance to unearth rare and forgotten recipes for crafting professions.

Into SL perhaps with the 9.2.5 I guess. Like how they made story around Dark Iron in 8.0 so they would fit
    Aren't Darkfallen villains again in 9.2.5? I remember reading that darkfallen prince is leading the scourge attack on silvermoon. That's not really a good introduction for an allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be difficult to sayfor sure unless we know how many Renown you are expected to get per week, as well as what the depth of rewards is.

If we get 2 Renown each week then I feel 10 for each rep is a bit low, since it would be quite fast getting all the zone upgrades for a single reputation. 3 even more so. 1 is closer, but might conversely be a bit too punishing.

15 Renown levels for each rep at 2 Renown per week might be the sweet spot for me. It takes a while, but if you play it like intended and level one rep at a time then yo you would get the specific armor roughly around the same time you have gotten your full set of covenant armor in 9.0.

But of course, it depends on what the rewards are. A mount seems like the obvious one, but beyond that I don't know. A title doesnt seem warranted from such a trivial source, and asking for a cosmetic set, even if just ones like 9.1, might be a bit too ambitious as well.
    Eh, I definitely think they will have a few mounts, a cosmetic set and weapon of your choice along with a title for rewards. Minor levels might buff you in that zone. Like 5% movement speed in X zone, or 2% stam in X zone. We shall see, but with no big feature they probably are going to make them close to covenant levels of reward depth. Maybe copium be we shall see.

Could be that large sections of each zone are not touched during leveling and are only used at endgame.
    Still a pretty bad take on the issue imho. WoD had the same concept and... failed in that regard.

Agree wholeheartedly. I fear they'll pull a Tanaan Jungle and give us the Dracthyr zone as patch content.
    I just don't get it, why are they not giving us one? It makes no sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again