7+ Year Old Account
    I said it before, but they should either add Drakonids as another dragon race option, so we can fulfill our regular dragon fantasies.

Or keep slowly expanding the dracthyrs humanoid customization options to other race models, the class is quasi available to all.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I said it before, but they should either add Drakonids as another dragon race option, so we can fulfill our regular dragon fantasies.

Or keep slowly expanding the dracthyrs humanoid customization options to other race models, the class is quasi available to all.
    Or both at the same time, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post
    Interesting talk http s://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-suspicious-4ch-leak-from-3-days-ago-speculation925-spoilers/1223381
    I seems less and less likely, but I'm still hoping for shadowlands covenant playable races.
    When can we expect to know what it is? (if we actually do get some sort of ar)

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yep. Bulk is the real issue here. Some players (myself included) prefer being large, imposing characters. I think if you resolve that issue, you're removing 70-80% of complaints.
    I like what they're doing with faces, colour, and stuff for the dragon forms but I was surprised there was only a "gracile" form for the dragons. I was kind of hoping the dragon form would be like, a small dragon. Not a dragon-person. Failing that at least a robust rather than gracile form would be nice as an option (doesn't have to be gender-locked or anything - we're being spared dragonboobs thank god (D&D take lessons! No-one wants dragonboobs! Well some people do but don't listen to them!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Honestly, the bulk option shouldn't be related to the option of gender in human/elf form. It makes more sense that way seeing how dragons don't really have such genders and can choose a different one for humanoid form
    Yeah massive agree. No reason to link bulk to gender. This is 2022 people, and we're talking about shapeshifting dragons.

My personal biggest concern is that human female have dopey animations. I get why they didn't go with skinny-AF belf ladies but oh god those animations. Oh well there's always the dudes.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

I think a bigger issue is the race not being available to more classes than vice versa, at least for me.

In general more players will switch race than class
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

I feel like with a year or even more from release, they have more than enough time to just paint some scales etc on other races, add few hairstyles and copy horns from BE and human female model so we can actually play and be how they said "anything we want".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I like what they're doing with faces, colour, and stuff for the dragon forms but I was surprised there was only a "gracile" form for the dragons. I was kind of hoping the dragon form would be like, a small dragon. Not a dragon-person. Failing that at least a robust rather than gracile form would be nice as an option (doesn't have to be gender-locked or anything - we're being spared dragonboobs thank god (D&D take lessons! No-one wants dragonboobs! Well some people do but don't listen to them!).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah massive agree. No reason to link bulk to gender. This is 2022 people, and we're talking about shapeshifting dragons.
    Also the fact that they are reptiles where it should be harder to tell apart the gender. And in WoW itself Chromie set the precedence that the true dragon form and humanoid form aren't linked but chosen. So Dracthyr should operate in the same way.

IMO its not even that much of a 2022 thing but an actual fantasy approach
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah, I doubt a bulkier form is going to be gender-locked. Blizzard seems to be following dragon lore pretty closely in that dragon females and males look very similar body wise, with female dragons actually being larger than male dragons in some cases. Also some male dragons like Chromie take female mortal forms.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I feel like with a year or even more from release, they have more than enough time to just paint some scales etc on other races, add few hairstyles and copy horns from BE and human female model so we can actually play and be how they said "anything we want".
    I'm hoping this is the case, but if this was there intent and they didn't mention it I'm very confused as to why not. If it ends up being blood elf male skeletons and human female skeletons only, i'ma actually just call lazy on this one. Imagine making a new class/race based on the dragonflights and none of your humanoid forms are able to match the race of the aspects other than 1.. People wanna play alex/ysera inspired characters, and I want to see gnomes at the bare minimum.

+ add the bulkier option in anyway, it looks better, people have wanted bulky and thinner body type for years. But that's not gunna make me play the visual mess of the evoker unfortunately.
    Last edited by Nibelheimy; 2022-04-20 at 12:08 PM. Reason: On me phone

5+ Year Old Account
    Someone said bipedal-Spyro, and now i can't get it out of my head.

Deathwing come back,you was right!
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Someone said bipedal-Spyro, and now i can't get it out of my head.

Deathwing come back,you was right!
    I guess calling the dragon race "Spyro" is Kung Fu Pandaren for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ff14 most players have 1 character. You most definitely have to regrind stuff on alts. It's a non comparison imo.
    I've been meaning to make an alt in FF14, since they changed up the ARR quests a bit, and especially with some of the latter duty revamps this last patch.

I've never really liked the fact that everything is account-wide in WoW. It makes sense because it's an mmo, I understand that, but when I start a new character I want it to feel like a "New Game" instead of a "New Game +" which is what it feels like right now.

Most people who start an alt don't wanna start from 0 though so everything is gonna always be account-wide. I do wish there was some toggle when making a new character though...

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Lack of pre-order makes me think it's not coming out for quite some time, Blizzard would love to get all those same day pre-orders people always regret lol.
    Ye but at the same time... I feel like it was supposed to come out with the announcement but a last minute change or something. Why would they have added all the pre-order bonus recently onto live servers ? Especially since it kinda "leaked" the expac with everything being dragon themed lol.

Also if alpha starts soonish, it means the expac could still release this year or early next year. Alpha/beta usually lasts 6-8 months, i think.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think pretty much everyone agrees it was better.

You have the mystery that begins with going to Bastion, learning if the conspiracy, slowly seeing things get worse and worse, until you end with that big reveal in Revendreth.

Compare that to Legion where it all is just kinda one big soup of problems to be solved.
    Same with BfA, the Zandalar storyline especially being much better if you assume a correct version of the storyline where you fix problems in Nazmir, learn of a conspiracy in Vol'dun, and then see everything fall apart in Zuldazar.
    I totally agree that the Horde story in BfA was way better. I first played Alliance and hated it, it was a mess and so boring. Months later I played Horde and had a blast, because the story was really coherent and good.

I think the Legion zones had good storylines and didn't need to be overarching. They worked that way and each zone had it's own issues that needed to be resolved - like the Shadowlands zones, but somehow now it was linear? Again, with how it ended it was mandatory, but I doubt this was the only way to make those stories work. But that doesn't really matter anymore, it's the past now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I will survive somehow. I will just have to subsist on the occasional forgotten reagent someone needs before a raid boss.
    Eh, just revel in the fact you have the biggest mount in the game and keep blocking questgivers with special discounts.

I guess calling the dragon race "Spyro" is Kung Fu Pandaren for 2022.
    It is kinda like MoP and pandas all over again. People used to call them childish, stupid looking and that they don't fit the wow story, setting and graphics. Now We have the same.

I've mentioned in another thread. But I'm very confused why Danuser wrote this new short story explaining the importance and ceremony of dragons choosing a mortal humanoid form to not even use that in the expansion with a playable dragon race.

I'm hoping that this is the plan and they're just saving some more details about all this to drip feed us over the coming months, but knowing how they like to contradict their own lore. They won't have the Dragonflights return to the dragon Isles and explain this ceremony to the dracthyr and write it that they undertake this ceremony to relate more to the returning dragonflight and the faction they're choosing.

It really does boggle the mind, and it's really a shame because the new race + class. (mainly class) is uninteresting to me and I've been supportive of an aspect based race and class for a very long time. This has just missed the mark for me.

Everything else from the expac however, looks good, can't wait to see more.
    Last edited by Nibelheimy; 2022-04-20 at 12:15 PM. Reason: On me phone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    All the end game world content is tied to reps. With the reps being account wide it would kill the world for alts. Alts would just instantly buy these from a rep and move on to raiding. All alts would be is raid loggers. I don't see the appeal in that.
    Your mistake is assuming that people play alts for that sort of thing.

When I play my priest, my paladin, warrior and what not, I don't play it because i enjoyed the time gated rep farming sort of scheme blizzard has going on so much, that i now feel like doing it all over again on 5 other chars.

Also, for some players, that's precisely what they want: the simplicity of reaching max level and just starting the gear grind, in whatever level of content they do it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I've mentioned in another thread. But I'm very confused why Danuser wrote this new short story explaining the importance and ceremony of dragons choosing a mortal humanoid form to not even use that in the expansion with a playable dragon race.

I'm hoping that this is the plan and they're just saving some more details about all this to drip feed us over the coming months, but knowing how they like to contradict their own lore. They won't have the Dragonflights return to the dragon Isles and explain this ceremony to the dracthyr and write it that they undertake this ceremony to relate more to the returning dragonflight and thay faction they're choosing.

It really does boggle the mind, and it's really a shame because the new race + class. (mainly class) and I've been supportive of an aspect based race and class for a very long time. This has just missed the mark for me.

Everything else from the expac however, looks good, can't wait to see more.
    They mentioned Visage Day in the developer interviews. It's a part of the starter process as a Dracthyr.

I hope there is some casual content to do in Dragonflight for gear progression. Looks like dailies, World Quests, Reputations have been removed; no mention of them. Doesn't seem to be any outdoor power increase to grind and no mention of cosmetics or other fun activities to do besides Dragonriding. Really hoping something gets added or this'll be a short lived expansion for me as I only do outdoor content. Shadowlands has been great with tons of cosmetics to farm and I've been very busy and having fun. Hoping this was just a big reveal and they'll tell us the little stuff later. I enjoy doing Callings and daily type quests each day and love farming a resource, even if it is just for cosmetics.