Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Zereth is mentioned to be the First One word for "Key" or "Keystone" in the grimoire book.
    Way back I predicted a patch where the Shadowlands began, which certainly does sound fitting in this case.
    Keystone of Death certainly does sound like the origin of the Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Ok, the Zereth stuff is kinda neat, I'll grant that. But I was expecting something more meaty than this, all the same. And I agree with Sondrelk, this could've been just a quest from Sylvanas' defeat. As a campaign it sounds woefully underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I think this basically spells out Arthas will accompany us. Because, y'know, Mal'ganis.

That would be epic and hilarious if Arthas finally gets revenge on Mal'ganis in particular. He wasn't bluffing when he said he'll hunt him to the ends of the earth.

I'm fully expecting 9.1.5 by the way. We don't talk to Sylvanas, we have heard about Night Elf and Forsaken heritage armor, and now is probably the best time to do both (note that Calia still has yet to talk with Sylvanas).

- - - Updated - - -

The Mograines also have a talk.

That feels on the nose a bit.

But ok, so Jailer, Anduin (a fight with him anyway), Mal'ganis...need a few more. Probably a few throw-away characters created for the raid, another First Ones guardian I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    That feels on the nose a bit.

But ok, so Jailer, Anduin (a fight with him anyway), Mal'ganis...need a few more. Probably a few throw-away characters created for the raid, another First Ones guardian I suppose.
    Maybe Denathrius in full dreadlord mode? With wings. IDK, I think Mal'ganis is more fitting because of Arthas/Zovaal who is behind all of Arthas's suffering.

Lothraxion implies we may have Denny survive past Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Uther also tells Jaina "move the fuck on". Interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zereth is mentioned to be the First One word for "Key" or "Keystone" in the grimoire book.
    Sad, should've stuck with the biblical meaning.

Would've been funnier.

Formerly known as Arafal

Maybe Denathrius in full dreadlord mode? With wings. IDK, I think Mal'ganis is more fitting because of Arthas/Zovaal who is behind all of Arthas's suffering.

Oh right Denathrius, forgot about him somehow.

Bleh. "his decisions are not your burden to bear," my ass.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Uther also tells Jaina "move the fuck on". Interesting.
    10.0 we "move the fuck on" from constantly bickering about Cataclysm/MoP. About time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bleh. "his decisions are not your burden to bear," my ass.
    She's right you know. Garry's "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT I DID NOTHING WRONG YOU FAILED ME" was deflection that made him sound like he had no agency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    10.0 we "move the fuck on" from constantly bickering about Cataclysm/MoP. About time.
    I think it's a soft reboot too, I just find it funny. It's meta commentary but it works that these characters really do need to move on from their hangups.

Muh Arthas, muh Garrosh, etc.

I mean, clearly the correct answer is Thrall had something to do with it, but Garrosh himself made all the choices and took it too far.

It's pretty... morally grey...

She's right you know. Garry's "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT I DID NOTHING WRONG YOU FAILED ME" was deflection that made him sound like he had no agency.
    I'm not saying Garrosh isn't at fault, he is, but Thrall had a hand in it. Cairne and Garrosh himself both told him he was a bad idea to lead and yet Thrall went on heedless.

But no, gotta move on, can't hold any fault for the green wonderboy.

Between the confirmation we aren't getting a dumb "Sylvanas/Anduin coup on the Jailer" subplot and the name of the First One realm/outright confirmation that Jailer = Arbiter 1, I'm pretty satisfied. Mal'ganis is a nice touch as is all the characters meeting up like Jaina and Uther.

I do think we should've talked with or saw Sylvanas though, and Tyrande missing is odd. Seems like .5 bait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Predictable or not, Jailers motivation is at least logical. He thinks he was wronged, so he gets even, and more. So much better than what we had during Teldrassil burning.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Oh that theory, gotcha.

I am laughing that it was almost exactly what I said it would be. Good work, Blizz. Jesus. And all hidden for that.
    People would have just shrugged it off after reading the datamined summery otherwise. This way there was something mysterious at the end of it all that kept the last 5 people that still care invested i guess.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'm wondering if we will get a full CGI cinematic of the Jailer getting dethroned and shoved into the Maw. I'm still holding out hope they wouldn't make CGI cinematic 3d models of all the covenant leaders for nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t notice the first time but there is a legitimate reason for the break between patches: reforging the Arbiter/Oribos key. So they will have to make a replacement replacement.