Quote Originally Posted by maplesyrupgl View Post
    Shadowlands is so disconnected from everything else in the sense of story and world. Having it be the first levelling experience for new players would just feel wrong.
    It works if you're one of the old guard and have some hefty accomplishments already, but for a new character that only did the base BfA story? It would be really weird. I disagree that it's that disconnected storywise, though. It's definitely a continuation from when Sylvanas left. But that's something a new player likely won't even see unless they go back and mop up BfA quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    BFA leveling is a lot better for new players and they know it. Shadowlands would make no sense. It makes much more sense to do the island, then do bfa adventures and then dragon isles. The bfa zones don't really leave any major plotholes either except for the war mode stuff, but the acutral zone stories themselves are perfectly fine for leveling. I think its a good decision.
    Reviews of chromie time by WoW veterans is universally positive, but reviews of new players leveling through BFA are universally horrible. It's not good at explaining anything to new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Check the interview on page 2659. Ion specifies that they get the base level version, but only the dragon can actually be improved, Dracthyr are stuck at base level.
    Oops, maybe I should stop commenting on 10 hour old questions. Im getting my post count up though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They could make the 8.3 story mandatory for leveling, but they won’t.

Even if new players don’t do the war campaign they’ll know the factions were at war, something happened, now they aren’t. I expect there to be a catch up conversation with the explorer team that explains what happened to Anduin and Sylv
    Yeah, but IMO its ok not to resolve it during leveling, like it was that case even before with every expansion. When I first started playing it made me more interested to later go back and do those stories or research the lore online. For people that don't care about lore it's a good experience, for people that do care its also good and will peak their interest. BfA zones also present some more common azeroth threats
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Not the full system like the talent tree, just the basic system you get at level 60 when your first enter. I think it makes sense. Would be weird to have a Dragon riding talent tree for a class. Although, I hope they add a flight form in future expansions like druids. Imagine turning into a large whelping. Super cute.
    Nah, a tiny whelp. Like Wrathion back in the day. *snicker*

What i'd like to see personally is for Druids to get to use the Dragon Riding tree with their flight form, though. That would actually make sense, especially if they plan to keep the system for 11.0+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Because it doesn't require muscle?

The only muscular arcane race, AFAIK, is Draenei.
    And even then there are slimmer Draenei in the lore. Look at Velen. Unless its just cause he's old, but Id be willing to bet there are slim Draenei too.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Panda Star Knight View Post
    Oh my god... they're skipping Shadowlands. From BFA to the Isles directly.

That's telling.
    Only thing i see that telling is that there is a bit of a story disconnect if you didn't play BfA when it was current, since the prestory for SL doesn't make sense if you didn't go through the war campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So prediction for the next hero class:

DK Death Knight
    DJ
    DI

DH Demon Hunter
    DG
    DF

DE Dracthyr Evoker
    DD
    DC

DB Drunk Bard it is.
    Deranged tinker. DT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    You can see the convoke in the druid's talents tree
    All I have to say is that Divine Toll better be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The ability to bypass Shadowlands completely is kind of hilarious.
    True, but its a good decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And on top of this, BfA has a lot more WC feel than SL (or Azerothian I guess). Exiles Reach to BfA was made to have a smooth transition, and BfA zones have their own storylines that get resolved as any most other zone storylines, while the SL ones have this huge overarching main drought/jailer plot with the zone stories being side ones
    Yeah that's what I mean. It fits the theme of Dragon Isles a lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Reviews of chromie time by WoW veterans is universally positive, but reviews of new players leveling through BFA are universally horrible. It's not good at explaining anything to new players.
    Neither are any older zones. I think the point is WoW needs a longer and better tutorial. Maybe solo dungeons and raids to teach you how to play?

I’m actually excited to see if BFA characters will cross over to DF with that recent reveal. I think Taelia and Bolvar are shoeins now.

Maybe Derek will take Horde players there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah, a tiny whelp. Like Wrathion back in the day. *snicker*

What i'd like to see personally is for Druids to get to use the Dragon Riding tree with their flight form, though. That would actually make sense, especially if they plan to keep the system for 11.0+.
    I think they will for 11.0 but not for 10.0. They want the mounts and Evokers to feel special. RiP to all the Druid herbalists though.

Eh. A slight wider torso if that comparison picture is l the one is...really not enough. Armor will help for sure but the limbs are still a bit scrawny. We'll see I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So question for the Darkfallen folks. Are you expecting them to be neutral? Because I still struggle to see how they could be allowed into the Alliance especially after everything that happened in BFA with them and the Forsaken and Sylvanas.
    What about Darkfallen for the horde, Lightforged Undead for the alliance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Alright, cool, so none of you know what Darkfallen are. Darkfallen aren't the Dark Rangers, they're those Vampire guys from Wrath.

If we're following the letter of what that leaker said, it's the vampires that Sylvanas tried to strike a deal with in BFA that we're getting. Not Dark Rangers.
    IM pretty sure you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    And people really believed Dracthyr would be the races name.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Even worse; People believed Evoker (pretty much Mage 2.0) was the next class.
    Could you imagine XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Could you imagine XD
    Maybe one day they will get it right.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deranged tinker. DT
    Nah, he just got the D wrong. It's obviously Duck Bard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we shot shoot the cannon at the sword LOL. Whats the worst that could happen?

Maybe we shot shoot the cannon at the sword LOL. Whats the worst that could happen?
    Reopen the woooons and start BfA all over again.

Leaving the sword the f alone is about the best thing we can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    “The race needs to be bulkier”
    Blizz: there are bulkier options
    "Great, will this be an option for any of the other races, for example the ones that already have different body types in the game?"
    Blizz: *Bass-boosted Cyberpunk 2077 theme*

Well tell that to Ion because that's what he said last April
    So they have fixed the issue but because they haven’t touched a different issue we forget the first one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Could you imagine XD
    Yeah, I made that comment when the leaks and leakers were stating that the Evoker was an Arcane mage clone that was going to cannibalize the arcane spec. No one was saying it was based on the HotS dragons (which is what it turned out to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Willing to bet money that the Dragonflight story is being designed around also being the 10-Whatever story going forward cause both BFA and Shadowlands are terrible at getting new players to understand the basics of the lore and also current state of the lore
    I don’t think DF will explain a lot about the races or their cultures. I think the inevitable endgame is that ER will drop people off in revamped EK and Kalimdor, but it won’t happen for a while.

Back to back vacation expansions like SL and DF exist to let time pass on EK/Kalimdor while we are gone. We will get drip feed snippets like the Belf quest and Turalyon leading but no actual zone story changes on the continents until we get back.