Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Gameplay would be the same regardless. Abilities that you “charge up.”
    I may have replied to the wrong person. i think there were a couple of posts how the press and hold style of the gameplay could be annoying.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why is that version sped up and missing frames compared to the original presentation?
    Probably some one just put it together and added the LOUD music as well, it's cropped I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I said "vaguely elfish and vaguely humanish".

Which is what they are.

These don't look like Elves at all. They don't look like Humans at all either. They use the same skeletons. But pointed ears do not an elf make. Especially in WoW, where elf ears are like, two feet long

These are instantly differentiated as different races.

Elf ears do not need to be "two feet long" in Warcraft. Here's a comparison between Void Elves, Blood Elves, and the new race.

The only notable difference is the lack of eyebrows, eye glow and horns, but I think to most people it's very, very clear that their humanoid form is definitely just horned elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I'll repeat what I've said before.

Murozond makes perfect sense for the final boss of the expansion. I imagine the raid will be a timeline/timeways themed raid with bosses from past Warcraft lore who we've never fought, alternate versions of heroes who we haven't thought, like say an evil Thrall, and maybe a boss that will be a future WoW character.

The finale cinematic will set up 11.0. Murozond opens a time portal and one of the following happens.

- A future/past/alternate version of a WoW character shows up and ushers in the next expansion.

- The portal is to pre-sundering Kalimdor, which would be in line with the opening of the Dragonflight cinematic. A character like Azshara, Xal'atath or Wrathion jumps through and we get a War of the Ancients or Ancient Kalimdor expansion.

- The portal stays open and can't be closed. Different timelines leak into ours, enemies, characters, locations and events. We also hop through different timelines in a "What If?" style expansion.

It's time to face facts guys, we aren't getting a world revamp.

Galakrond will be a boss for sure, but he doesn't scream end boss. Either he shows up in the Murozond raid or he gets his own, but not expansion finale. Same with Chromatus.
    Maybe Galakrond is shacked up underground with Azeroth and the big reveal at the end will be Galakrond breaking free and causing a world revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I already commented on this once, but MoP had goat upgrade. The goat still holds up really well, as do all the WoD buildings etc. I don't think there is nearly as big of a difference as you think. They finalized the char detail level with MoP and Pandaren and the newest char models are at best 10-20% more detailed. WoW was settling into its current art style in MoP, and by WoD/Legion it hasn't changed much at all. They could easily still do a world revamp.

Now, I'm also starting to doubt its going to happen, but its not because the older assets are bad.

- - - Updated - - -

IM curious, does anyone know of an MMO raid fight with a boss a minimum 2 times bigger than the biggest WoW raid bosses. Galakrond would have to be at least 5 times bigger than Sindragosa to feel okay, and even then he should be 50 times bigger in the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

IM curious, does anyone know of an MMO raid fight with a boss a minimum 2 times bigger than the biggest WoW raid bosses. Galakrond would have to be at least 5 times bigger than Sindragosa to feel okay, and even then he should be 50 times bigger in the lore.
    Think the Bloodthirsty in SoO was pretty massive, and that worked just fine. A tiny bit more, or even just a different body plan might work.

Or you could always go for the ledge boss approach of course. Giant head, wings and/or claws.
    Deathwing got across that humongous size pretty well, could always just go for that approach again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    ICC airship battle 2.0 incoming. Only way the scaling would work, hopefully /s.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Elf ears do not need to be "two feet long" in Warcraft. Here's a comparison between Void Elves, Blood Elves, and the new race.

The only notable difference is the lack of eyebrows, eye glow and horns, but I think to most people it's very, very clear that their humanoid form is definitely just horned elves.
    Horny elves you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post

It will be interesting to see the facial options to see if they've been tweaked a bit so they aren't exactly blood elf faces, but we'll surely get lots of comparison when the alpha/beta is more open.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Oh man, that'd be cool! A more visually diverse version of the ToC armor. Give Paladins the new Uther model's armor as a tier set. Khadgar/Jaina/Azshara for mage? It'd probably be new Alextrasza's model inspired armor for Evokers.
    Oh yes, defo Jaina and Uther for mage and pala! Rogues could get Valeera inspired set, Druids Malfurion, Bolvar for DK's. Maybe switch Doomhammer to Shamans and give Warriors a Saurfang / HD Tier 1 set. Warlocks could get Kil Jaedens armour, Priests a Velen inspired set and monks a set inspired by Chen Stormstout. Only DH's I'm not sure what to give since Illidan has ... well ... not really that much armour lol.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-04-21 at 07:02 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I may have replied to the wrong person. i think there were a couple of posts how the press and hold style of the gameplay could be annoying.
    How is it really different compared to cast now really? the only difference is that you can still let the cast go off even if it's not really full.

It feels almost like the freedom we had before with shadow orbs and holy power. The finnisher could be used with either 1 or 2 orbs/power with less damage or healer, but could still be used. Nowadays it's just 3 before you can even cast it.

It's not super different, but I guess you can have a little bit more freedom, you can unleash it at any% of the cast I guess, which is ok.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-21 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Think the Bloodthirsty in SoO was pretty massive, and that worked just fine. A tiny bit more, or even just a different body plan might work.

Or you could always go for the ledge boss approach of course. Giant head, wings and/or claws.
    Deathwing got across that humongous size pretty well, could always just go for that approach again.
    You are eaten by Galkarond and the raid is you fighting your way out.

That would be very silly, but is actually an idea we haven't strictly seen before. I would actually like to see that.

It will be interesting to see the facial options to see if they've been tweaked a bit so they aren't exactly blood elf faces, but we'll surely get lots of comparison when the alpha/beta is more open.
    Honestly I think they are gong to just bank on the Dracthyr customization being extensive enough that players will just stay in that form instead.
    After all, it's not like worgens get much different customization from regular humans in their non-beastly form, and I don't think there are many that really care.

That being said I do think they probably should have just made them able to look like all races, and maybe add some more horn customizations on top.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Oh yes, defo Jaina and Uther for mage and pala! Rogues could get Valeera inspired set, Druids Malfurion, Bolvar for DK's. Maybe switch Doomhammer to Shamans and give Warriors a Saurfang / HD Tier 1 set. Warlocks could get Kil Jaedens armour, Priests a Velen inspired set. Only DH's I'm not sure what to give since Illidan has ... well ... not really that much armour lol.
    What'd could you see for Warlock? The BRF mythic set is pretty much Gul'dan. Do they do Kelthuzad again (Like ToC) even though he's not really a warlock? Maybe Kil'jaeden?

Instead of fighting your way out. Maybe we fight to his heart and destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Button line is.. how is it really differnt compared to cast now really? the only difference is that you can still let the cast go off even if it's not really full.

It feels almost like the freedom we had before with shadow orbs and holy power. The finnisher could be used with either 1 or 2 orbs/power with less damage or healer, but could still be used. Nowadays it's just 3 before you can even cast it.

It's not super different, but I guess you can have a little bit more freedom, you can unleash it at any% of the cast I guess, which is ok.
    The ability looks like it will have bonuses depending on how long you hold the button. So really it would do wonders for loads of caster specs.
    As mentioned MM Aimed Shit is absolutely begging to be able to use this mechanic.

Yeah this opens the door wide open for almost any race. Im still skeptical about a 4 legged race like centaurs, but Naga wouldn't be a problem. They could show chest, belt, gloves, bracers, shoulders, weapons, helmet, tabard easily with Naga, and they could do legs too, although it might look weird.
    I think that the most prominent part is the customizable armor that doesn't visibly reflect armor in the game as it normally is. Ethereals, Nerubians and maybe Naga would benefit heavily from invisible armor (though for Naga Mechagnomes already set a precedent to just let them use normal armor but without visible legpieces). It essentially means that non-humanoid races are feasible because you no longer have to bother with rigging them for armor traditionally. Ethereals especially would work, since they could still work with mounts and animations traditionally whilst keeping a humanoid frame with a demand for unique armor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    What'd could you see for Warlock? The BRF mythic set is pretty much Gul'dan. Do they do Kelthuzad again (Like ToC) even though he's not really a warlock? Maybe Kil'jaeden?
    Kil'jaeden! We already got pieces from Archimonde in HFC so it would be cool to also get the other ones set haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    That's what we need right now, big bosses. Bosses atm are so small, it feels less "epic". Remember when fighting DW or Supremus or Archimonde ? Epic
    I had an idea for a split raid type encounter. Galakrod is about 100 feet tall. We can see up to his knees, if we look up form right under him we cant see his head very well, but the rdps could. Half the raid most likely the casters will stay below and deal with adds and fight his toes. The other half mostly the melee and a few healers will need to grapple up onto his head and fight him there. He will fly off at 80, 60, 40 % and we will have to deal with him scorching half the battlefield at a time as well as more adds. If the top group doesn't get out in time he will kill them all when he flies up in the air. Finally once we get him to 20% he will get pissed that we are so small and he keeps missing us, he will turn into his humanoid form to fight us. Last 20% is a dps check. His body cant control all the power and will explode if we don't kill him before his energy reaches 100%. He will be casting huge Void spells and summoning Undead Dragons in the last phase.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Taking notes from Gw2 eh?
    I mean Dragon riding would just be the first bullet point on that note.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I think that the most prominent part is the customizable armor that doesn't visibly reflect armor in the game as it normally is. Ethereals, Nerubians and maybe Naga would benefit heavily from invisible armor (though for Naga Mechagnomes already set a precedent to just let them use normal armor but without visible legpieces). It essentially means that non-humanoid races are feasible because you no longer have to bother with rigging them for armor traditionally. Ethereals especially would work, since they could still work with mounts and animations traditionally whilst keeping a humanoid frame with a demand for unique armor.
    It really does open up the options for non-traditional races, Mechagnome and now Dracthyr.