7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    You can tie that into the visage forms wearing armor at all. Like, why are they even wearing armor to begin with for the ones that are usually in Dragonform?

So if they like spellcasting in visageform they would wear armor to compensate. Also it will let people see their armor in combat... it's just a really good choice IMO. And if you get the option to toggle it you can swap it up whenever you want.
    Obviously the armor is not enough to fully protect yourself compared to your scales and muscles

otherwise, you could ask to fight in feral form as yourself and say you are using dagger to compensate for the claw attacks.

And so again, this is the problem that come when you try to tie the race with the class and sell then as one, they could have made the class, completely devoid of a dragon form, like a proper dragonsworn, and the humanoid dragon as race, just like pandarens/monks deal, but now the ship as sailed and we are stuck with this.

IF they try to make the visage form do all the stuff this mean they will have to adapt all the animations to then, fixing things like the flying attack, and, it will make even harder for then to give us other races as visages and we will be stuck with the garbage default ones

To me they put themselves into a corner on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The encrypted wowdev CDN endpoint is now on 10.0!

9.2.5.43180 → 10.0.0.43342!

IT COMETH
    Wow, Ion wasn't kidding. November possible?

Quote Originally Posted by marlamin View Post
    the encrypted wowdev cdn endpoint is now on 10.0!

It cometh
    let's pauling goooooooooooooooo

IT COMETH
    Well, well, well

IT COMETH
    What does this mean in terms that can be comprehended by someone with a peanut brain? asking for a friend

IT COMETH
    If it's not too much of a bother, could you explain what this means?

IT COMETH
    Any idea what the wait time is gonna be until the alpha now? probably not that long but I don't remember how long it takes

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Obviously the armor is not enough to fully protect yourself compared to your scales and muscles

otherwise, you could ask to fight in feral form as yourself and say you are using dagger to compensate for the claw attacks.
    This then begs the question as to why Druids even go feral form at all because a kitty cat is going to get shanked/burned/etc far easier than a druid in sturdy leather armor (NOTE: Kul Tirans and Zandalari are fine)

And I don't think it would impact other races getting visage forms or not because they just need to hook up their already-existing casting animations to the prism effects. What the other visage forms should worry about is getting extra customization because it probably won't happen: they'll be lucky to get horns and eyes but that would be it.

Here's my expectation list from most likely to least likely:

Dracthyr get a third body type that is more obviously muscular (cus EVERYONE has asked for it, also not that hard to do)
    Dracthyr visage forms get spellcasting animations (Ion has already mentioned looking into it)
    Dracthyr get other classes after Dragonflight, especially ones focused on dragon magic like Shaman and Druid (Ion already said something like this)
    Dracthyr visage forms expanded to male human and fem belf
    Dracthyr visage forms get expanded to other races beyond human and belf, but without cool customizations
    Dracthyr visage forms get expanded to other races beyond human and belf, but WITH cool customizations
    Dracthyr get additional classes within Dragonflight
    Dracthyr get Tinker

Interview just confirmed that Murozond will happen in the future. My money is on him being the final boss for sure.

That's what gonna lead to Yrel coming to our time line and setting up 11.0 light vs void.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/warcraf...nos-the-326792

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Interview just confirmed that Murozond will happen in the future. My money is on him being the final boss for sure.

That's what gonna lead to Yrel coming to our time line and setting up 11.9 light vs void.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/warcraf...nos-the-326792
    Also, looks like we aren't getting any faction updates until prepatch. But should be cool:

We’ll have pre-patch events where we find out what’s going on in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, how the Horde has been faring with their new counsel, how the Alliance has been faring with Turalyon at the helm, and what’s been different about that since then.
    Murozond is definitely happening if that plotline wasn't dropped though. Considering they said Old Gods did it it's gonna have to be Xalatath at this point.

Dracthyr visage forms get spellcasting animations (Ion has already mentioned looking into it)

This one should be easy, no? I vaguely remember the devs explaining something about how they rig animation around the time they were updating the races, and that they now a days have a system that allows them to easily import already existing animation onto different base races. I imagine the new dragons have a base skeleton in common with an existing race (Worgen? Arakkoa? Unsure), so they should at the very least be able to easily give them those casting animations

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    This one should be easy, no? I vaguely remember the devs explaining something about how they rig animation around the time they were updating the races, and that they now a days have a system that allows them to easily import already existing animation onto different base races. I imagine the new dragons have a base skeleton in common with an existing race (Worgen? Arakkoa? Unsure), so they should at the very least be able to easily give them those casting animations
    I meant specifically the belf and human visage forms we already know would get combat animations, which I also think is easy based on what you said. They can even just hook the spells up to their existing casting animations.

What does this mean in terms that can be comprehended by someone with a peanut brain? asking for a friend
    Years ago it meant the alpha would be releasing it a matter of days. But lately a CDN can stay in the bin for up to a month. April showers bring May Alpha builds.

I meant specifically the belf and human visage forms we already know would get combat animations, which I also think is easy based on what you said. They can even just hook the spells up to their existing casting animations.
    Oh sorry, I misinterpreted visage form to mean the dragon form. But yeah, I am sure they'll allow people to play the humanoid visage form in combat eventually

For reference (corrections welcome):

Shadowlands was announced on November 1 2019, hit wowdev on February 19 2020 and public beta on April 8 2020.

Battle for Azeroth was announced on November 3 2017, hit wowdev on December 16th 2017 and public beta on the January 26th 2018.

Alpha season lets goooooo

5+ Year Old Account
    For reference (corrections welcome):

Shadowlands was announced on November 1 2019, hit wowdev on February 19 2020 and public beta on April 8 2020.

Battle for Azeroth was announced on November 3 2017, hit wowdev on December 16th 2017 and public beta on the January 26th 2018.
    Well, I suppose that doesn't rule out a November release ...

What they were talking about is using a skeleton at all: Before WoD it was normal for wow to animate the model itself: A animation - model dichotomy rather than a more modern animation - skeleton - model dichotomy. This old way made anything other than a reskin of a model basically impossible. But with a skeleton you can do things like, Import all the Night Elf animations onto a Nightborne and look nice. They can theoretically use almost any animation on any skeleton but in most cases it would look very broken.

Surely Dracthyr will use some spellcasting animations outside of their dragon form: You don't have to be in combat to apply buffs, or use your hearthstone for example.

IT COMETH
    Already? Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Well, I suppose that doesn't rule out a November release ...
    I still think November is too early for the full xpac, but maybe WotLK 9/22, 10.0 in 11/22, then DF 1/23? Idk