Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They probably should have placed the Dragon Isles Northwest of Kalimdor, instead of Northeast of EK. Would have lined up better with the whole Dragonriders of Loreth'aran thing we learned about.
    Actually, it would make more sense to have Loreth'aran as a distant outpost. Their charge was safeguarding the entire planet, after all, so they'd have wanted to have bases all over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is.

It sounded like it would be off the coast of what would have been the old Kalimdor though. Northeast of Quel'thalas.
    fucking hell

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, it would make more sense to have Loreth'aran as a distant outpost. Their charge was safeguarding the entire planet, after all, so they'd have wanted to have bases all over.
    If I had to bet, Loreth'aran (an island fits the things they've said about exploring islands as patch content in the expac from the Warcraft Radio interview) will be a patch zone and will introduce Tyrande to some Night Elves who have been living there completely separated from the Kalimdor main land Night Elves, with Tyrande trying to connect with them; their sensibilities closer to the savage NEs from WC3. It'd probably feature some lore discussing the origin of the Emerald Dream and would culminate in an Emerald Dream raid/megadungeon.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    If I had to bet, Loreth'aran (an island fits the things they've said about exploring islands as patch content in the expac from the Warcraft Radio interview) will be a patch zone and will introduce Tyrande to some Night Elves who have been living there completely separated from the Kalimdor main land Night Elves, with Tyrande trying to connect with them; their sensibilities closer to the savage NEs from WC3. It'd probably feature some lore discussing the origin of the Emerald Dream and would culminate in an Emerald Dream raid/megadungeon.
    Loreth'aran is already ingame - you can find it's ruins on the Bloodmyst Isle.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Loreth'aran is already ingame - you can find it's ruins on the Bloodmyst Isle.
    Well that is disappointing. Although a retcon establishing a larger island could still happen (copium). I just want some variety of Night Elf personalities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Well that is disappointing. Although a retcon establishing a larger island could still happen (copium). I just want some variety of Night Elf personalities.
    Actually develop them then just revert them to just being Orcish elves. Factions can have their own story without trying to turn them into something they are not or without fighting each other is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-04-24 at 01:56 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Actually develop them then just revert them to just being Orcish elves.
    Not exactly what I'm saying, I just think some variety makes for better story telling. If you introduce a hypothetical different population you can have your cake and eat it too. You get to appeal to two types of Night Elf fans. But it's not a hill I'm willing to die on, ie making it my entire personality. I just think it'd be neat.
    Last edited by JDBlou; 2022-04-24 at 02:02 PM.

Oooooh Question!

Will I be able to Fly in my Drake form in older content like Worgens can use their form as a ground mount?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Oooooh Question!

Will I be able to Fly in my Drake form in older content like Worgens can use their form as a ground mount?
    I'm quite sure Ion said we will be able to use the base version of dragonflight with our Dracthyr.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'm quite sure Ion said we will be able to use the base version of dragonflight with our Dracthyr.
    Exciting but a lil disappointing as well, I'd love to be able to fly at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I think a soloq would work well, especially if the challenge was more about personal accountability instead of choreography. And that is easily possible in dungeons. Stand in the puddle of ooze and die, and you get no reward. Works like a charm in other MMORPGs.
    It's inherently a group activity. If you keep dying in the puddles, the others won't be able to get ahead either because without you, they don't have enough throughput.

It works in LFR because there's still 24 other people, so they only lose maybe 4%. In M+, that's 20%.

Also, i do not ask to change mythic+ for premade groups, but for solo queues to have adequate gameplay.
    Then you're not asking for M+ to begin with, though. You want a different activity with solo queues. One that isn't actually a group activity, but just masquerades as one.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does not work in LFR, because Bizzard simply copies the choreography parts from the real raids into that abnomination. They never really tried. They simply water it down.
    Because the community consistently wanted LFR to be easier. There were times when it was hard and people wipe or fail mechanics a lot. There are people that to so low dps they are being carried. Even now there is still the occasional boss that gets high stacks of determination even though the mechanics are simple enough.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, the solo queue in pvp also is not the same as premade group rated pvp. Sure i ask for different gameplay here. Mythic+ for solo queues.
    I don't know - pvp defo needs solo queues because getting into rated pvp is quite hard since many have toxic requirements, you search an eternity to get a group full and it usually disbands within a few games - this is not the case for M+. You can easily get into it, it only takes a few minutes to search for people and a dungeon takes 30-50 minutes max. And you can easily push without a guild/group.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Oh please, the solo queue in pvp also is not the same as premade group rated pvp. Sure i ask for different gameplay here. Mythic+ for solo queues.
    It's still the same gameplay and it's still a group activity. By your logic, the PvP soloqueue is also not what you want. And no, you're not asking for M+ for solo. You're asking for different gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted torghat to come back.

I think i was the only person who liked it, it was a bummer that you had no rewards or collectibles to get when i left, you only did for the ashes to do the legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because the community consistently wanted LFR to be easier. There were times when it was hard and people wipe or fail mechanics a lot. There are people that to so low dps they are being carried. Even now there is still the occasional boss that gets high stacks of determination even though the mechanics are simple enough.
    There are people that do DPS so low i'm not sure what they are doing, because just whacking the boss with autoattacks should do more damage.

LFR nowadays is harder than Molton Core in classic. And no, "the community" never asked for LFR to be easier. As "the community" who plays LFR simply has no voice in the forum or social media community.
    Because Molten Core was never hard in the first place. Big deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I wanted torghat to come back.

I think i was the only person who liked it, it was a bummer that you had no rewards or collectibles to get when i left, you only did for the ashes to do the legendaries.
    I also liked it, although I prefer the endless mode aswell as the gauntlet from 9.2.

They should have added lots of mounts, pets and transmog to Torghast, similiar to Island Expedition instead of the annoying legendary mats. I'm so glad Dragonflight is going away from these "systems".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the group finder is way too selective and restrictive. A solo queue mythic+ implementation could offer a progression beyond heroic dungeons with higher difficulties as well.
    No? Just play your own key? Again, in M+ this is super easy, you don't need to "lead" your groups as everyone knows what to do because it's basically scrippted content.

#TEAMGIRAFFE