Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But if they're adding those abilities to our Talent Trees why not just remove them as rewards for joining a covenant?

I think there's a strong chance they just say "Evokers can't do the main Legion storyline." They would never need to, nor would they need weapons for that content because they're already 58. And if they wanted a character to do that content they would have one, whatever character they used to reach 60 & unlock the Drakthyr in the first place.

And with the advent of the new talent trees bringing back some borrowed power abilities, I foresee them removing the Covenant Abilities as a reward from the Shadowlands storyline in 10.0
    They already said evokers start in their own special zone then progress into dragon isles. I’d assume 10.0 will wipe out covenants some how.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    They already said evokers start in their own special zone then progress into dragon isles. I’d assume 10.0 will wipe out covenants some how.
    No they said that covenant will still be there but you won't get double the benefit like if you chose night fae cov and take the night fae spell as talent (for druid) you won't be able to use the ability 2 times in a row, the cd will be shared.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Im interested to see how they will handle the Dracthyr going to do some lower level quests in one of the previous 3 expansions due to class specific stuff (order halls, azerite traits, covenant ability). I know they start at level 58 (60 after their intro) but unless they set all those quests to not be available I wonder what they will do
    All those quests are tagged to be available for their respective classes so yeah, they won't get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'll be making mine Green. Always liked the Green Dragonflight a bit more than the rest.
    I really like the one with the darker skin. Gives me “Arabian Nights” vibes. I’m not really into making female characters, but I’d like a Black Dragon alt with a similar visage appearance to that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I really like the one with the darker skin. Gives me “Arabian Nights” vibes. I’m not really into making female characters, but I’d like a Black Dragon alt with a similar visage appearance to that.
    I'm wondering if/how they will restrict the amount of dracthyr per realm/account. I think dh's and dk's were 1 per realm initially?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All those quests are tagged to be available for their respective classes so yeah, they won't get them.
    They will be 60 once they finished their starter zone. And they will come 2 weeks before the release of the expansion so we will have the new talent system already and covenants will be cosmetic only. Will be interesting to see if we will get a progenitor set for them - iirc dh's got a tier set for HFC.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I think you are feeding the troll
    Just because my little heart desires more challenges, more dungeons, more raid encounters, not sure I'm the troll here.
    Go tell the PVP player, there is no new Arena (or even proper gear ha!) because budget was spent on Ardenweald fireflies, or Ember Court.. He'll totally understand 100%.

Legion had very cool covenant sanctum, and a lot more. SL is/was empty. The emptiest besides dungeons. Dig up some posts, that was pretty much a consensus back then in Dec. 2020. My memory is not fading.

Covenants = 1 or maybe 2 fancy spells. Actually can recall someone casting 'door of shadows' in DoS this year.
    Sanctum = 'Nerfed to the ground' mission table forcing you to create level 1 chars just to store all the fish it gives! (remember Legion table? or BFA?)
    Anima = newest (DoA) Apexis Crystal.

"Whose hair got longer, whose face got nicer" was the ONLY Wowhead Facebook post in 2021, where people actually left hundred(s) of comments. Opposed to the usual 5-10... Cosmetics are too much prio, no?

Come back with more difficult personal insults please. I stay by my opinion that WoW -> Eyecandy. They even take out plenty what the more enthusiast people love in the game, and considering many guys' comments I've went through in past days, the majority wants an even more dumbed down, sterile game. Where nothing to farm, nothing to fight for, everything being thrown at you after 2 clicks. (hello free mythic tier item crafting)
    Last edited by deucecorp; 2022-04-25 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    egion had very cool covenant sanctum, and a lot more. SL is/was empty. The emptiest besides dungeons. Dig up some posts, that was pretty much a consensus back then in Dec. 2020. My memory is not fading.
    MMO-Champion isn't the consensus of the warcraft fanbase nor is people who agree with you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No they said that covenant will still be there but you won't get double the benefit like if you chose night fae cov and take the night fae spell as talent (for druid) you won't be able to use the ability 2 times in a row, the cd will be shared.
    Sorry I meant specifically for evokers. Did they say anything about that? Because I missed it if they did.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    MMO-Champion isn't the consensus of the warcraft fanbase nor is people who agree with you.
    Yes, you are right in there. 'Consensus' is strong wording maybe. I was just parroting what my friends or other people told me on different platforms. Many of them had big hopes and quit right after first month. While in BFA.. Or Legion I didn't see this. They actually came back for Legion. Even those who quit back in Wotlk or MoP.
    Spoken with plenty of new players too ingame who joined during BFA/SL, they are enjoying the game to the fullest, maybe because have no memories of previous expacs, or ups and downs.
    I personally couldn't care less what colour is my dragon or my hair or my skin. Especially when watching my characters bum 99.9999% of the time. But that's just me really. Same thing I see in the street though. "New players" care more or being sensitive about their looks more than ANY previous generations before. lol. so I stop arguing on this one I promise.

I mean we will be able to play evoker during pre-patch so unless they make all soulbinds/covenant obsolete during prepatch, pretty sure they will have access to soulbinds and covenants. Maybe it'll just give them the soulshape, necroshield etc ability and the soulbind without any conduit.

It's not really important tho
    They'll likely make them obsolete during prepatch. Wasn't it during Prepatch in Legion that we gave up our artifact powers? Borrowed powers tend to be handed back in during the prepatch for next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'll be making mine Green. Always liked the Green Dragonflight a bit more than the rest.
    I'm kicking around going either Bronze or Green. I've always loved the Bronze look on time & how over the top it is, but the Green Dragonflight has always felt like my home Dragonflight as a Druid main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm kicking around going either Bronze or Green. I've always loved the Bronze look on time & how over the top it is, but the Green Dragonflight has always felt like my home Dragonflight as a Druid main.
    Why do I feel so much connection to the Black Dragonflight? Am I evil or something?

Does anyone know where is this art from? Is it available yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Does anyone know where is this art from? Is it available yet?

https://i.imgur.com/qR2kquZ.png
    Not afaik. I looked over at the press kit site and it wasn't there either.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Wrath had so many dungeons because multiple dungeon environments were repackaged content that did not work out. Utgarde Pinnacle was supposed to be a raid. The two AN dungeons were supposed to be a zone.
    Oh interesting, I didn't know about Utgarde, or if I ever did, I forgot years ago!
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So things like access to content and cosmetics and utility, all of that feels like it should be account wide. Linear narrative arcs are best experienced the first time, if you want to replay them on other characters, great, but we don't want to force you to do that in order to access content or other key rewards or systems. The thing that remains a core character thing is gear progression, getting your items, leveling that up, mastering your role, mastering the gameplay of that class to earn better and more powerful rewards. All the rest, we're shifting increasingly towards an account-wide space.

So does that mean account wide reps?
    accountwide progression, reps and stuff like i.e. your Poco customizations in ZM would be the number1 reson for me to not stop playing wow after 17 years of uninterrupted sub. (i strongly assume i quit wow forever when 10.0 is released)

because, so many ppls out there (or every prominent streamer i saw) says this since years. many of us dont want to do all that boring same shit again for every high level alt again and again.

if you play one main char since forever. fine. if you like to play different main characters in a single xpac, it sucks. and i strongly hoped they learned with DF how many ppl don’t wanna do the same repetitive boring shit again and again. but it looks like they not learned.

in example Dragonriding: you progress your DR. switch your character and do all that shit again?

but after 17 years i assume it’s ok to quit wow. at least for me. it’s just not fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deucecorp View Post
    Just because my little heart desires more challenges, more dungeons, more raid encounters, not sure I'm the troll here.
    Go tell the PVP player, there is no new Arena (or even proper gear ha!) because budget was spent on Ardenweald fireflies, or Ember Court.. He'll totally understand 100%.

Legion had very cool covenant sanctum, and a lot more. SL is/was empty. The emptiest besides dungeons. Dig up some posts, that was pretty much a consensus back then in Dec. 2020. My memory is not fading.

Covenants = 1 or maybe 2 fancy spells. Actually can recall someone casting 'door of shadows' in DoS this year.
    Sanctum = 'Nerfed to the ground' mission table forcing you to create level 1 chars just to store all the fish it gives! (remember Legion table? or BFA?)
    Anima = newest (DoA) Apexis Crystal.

"Whose hair got longer, whose face got nicer" was the ONLY Wowhead Facebook post in 2021, where people actually left hundred(s) of comments. Opposed to the usual 5-10... Cosmetics are too much prio, no?

Come back with more difficult personal insults please. I stay by my opinion that WoW -> Eyecandy. They even take out plenty what the more enthusiast people love in the game, and considering many guys' comments I've went through in past days, the majority wants an even more dumbed down, sterile game. Where nothing to farm, nothing to fight for, everything being thrown at you after 2 clicks. (hello free mythic tier item crafting)
    Have you finished Sepulcher Mythic? If not, you have no right to demand more raid encounters and especially more challenge. I'm currently progressing on Halondrus Mythic and I'm gonna tell you, we don't need more challenging encounters in this game.

And yes, customization > everything else, because customization, transmog, mounts, pets and achievements stay forever, everything else is important for 6 months.

To your last comment - mythic tier crafting hurts no one. It's good if more people can get better gear, maybe it will help everyone to push and finish their goals. Stop gatekeeping, it's just toxic.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Oh interesting, I didn't know about Utgarde, or if I ever did, I forgot years ago!
    It was in the expansion reveal presentation. Really between Utgarde Pinnacle, Azjol'Nerub and Gundrak all being raids, we could have probably skipped Naxx and ToC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    To your last comment - mythic tier crafting hurts no one. It's good if more people can get better gear, maybe it will help everyone to push and finish their goals. Stop gatekeeping, it's just toxic.
    I fully expect Mythic Tier crafting to require items that drop from Mythic tbh.

I fully expect Mythic Tier crafting to require items that drop from Mythic tbh.
    It'll probably work exactly like Progenetor Essentia: It can come from highest grade recourse nodes and also sometimes from raid boss drops.

I like the idea of making crafting more engaging like it is in FFXIV, and that can be their pillar of solo play, but the one main difference is WoW characters can only have 2 professions. It seems like you're going to need 5 characters to make the most of the new crafting system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why do I feel so much connection to the Black Dragonflight? Am I evil or something?
    It's kind of like the characterization of the Forsaken for me. Rebuilding from the edge of ruin based on some dark fate that wasn't entirely your fault.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-25 at 09:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It'll probably work exactly like Progenetor Essentia: It can come from highest grade recourse nodes and also sometimes from raid boss drops.

I like the idea of making crafting more engaging like it is in FFXIV, and that can be their pillar of solo play, but the one main difference is WoW characters can only have 2 professions. It seems like you're going to need 5 characters to make the most of the new crafting system.

- - - Updated - - -

It's kind of like the characterization of the Forsaken for me. Rebuilding from the edge of ruin based on some dark fate that wasn't entirely your fault.
    The idea behind the crafting revamp is to create community interaction - not to "make most out of it" for solo players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I adore this fan art, the closer to this we can get with the visage the better
    So true! It's super cute <3

#TEAMGIRAFFE