Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    [*]Confirmation of more character slots and that the character list in the login screen is expanded to 13 to cover the new class.[/LIST]
    I want them to find a way to externalize whatever needs be externalized so we can mod the character selection UI.

Im curious to see if they updated other UI windows too. Like RDF and achievements and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Zaela took over the clan from Mor'ghor in Cataclysm and Mor'ghor WAS the one enslaving the Nether flight together with Zuluhed. It's the same clan and the same people just with a couple changes of leadership. She did not oppose Mor'ghor on principle, she opposed him because she thought they had a better chance with the Horde.

And again, if people actually bother to read my posts, firstly Alex can come to terms with what happened and still invite the Horde because she needs their strength there and secondly, while it is clearly not as problematic as committing the crimes yourself, if you celebrate your forefathers who committed such crimes, you are clearly accepting their actions.
    Mor’ghor came over with a couple Fel Orcs unexplained and muscled their way into leadership over the Azerothian Dragonmaw. Then we promptly booted them out. Outside of the Dragonmaw Fel Orcs from Outland that we killed immediately, these aren’t the same Orcs at all.

1+ Year Old Account
    Speculation? What are you hiding?

Soon, friends, we will enter the…watch and read about others playing the game before us phase of a new expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Im curious to see if they updated other UI windows too. Like RDF and achievements and such.
    Ohhh, yes, that would be cool! A small update, simply visual, yet totally refreshing. Gooooood point.

I just hope all classes are available. And Evoker. It would be so weird to have alpha only with 5 classes as someone said. I mean when are they going to add the other classes? We have less than 4 months left. And most classes aren't ready to be shown or tested by now?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I just hope all classes are available. And Evoker. It would be so weird to have alpha only with 5 classes as someone said. I mean when are they going to add the other classes? We have less than 4 months left. And most classes aren't ready to be shown or tested by now?
    We actually have more than 4 months left if its releasing the later half of Nov/December. And I can guarantee all 13 classes are not gonna be available the first alpha build lol. Shadowlands had like 2 classes available for testing during the first alpha build. They'll add more classes week by week

1+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you at a surface level. However, previous Alphas (and I’m speaking mostly about Shadowlands) we’re VERY targeted toward a few classes at a time.

Flip-side: You could argue that Shadowlands targeted fewer classes at a time due to Covenants. Each class, and covenant, needed to test conduits, soulbinds, abilities, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll be 100% honest, I could care less what is actually available for testing right now. For me, just having gameplay of ANYTHING is HUGE right now. 3 months of nothing, and worse, no gameplay from the announcement has been rough.

Good morning (just) everyone. My body apparently really appreciated not having to get up at 4am for surgery so it took a long sleep! Are we feeling excited?? Anything exceptional happen during my slumber?

Where are all the videos we were promised by Catastrophy that were to be released after he told us the NDA was lifted at 00:00 today. I was expecting to wake up and find millions and millions of videos

Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    Where are all the videos we were promised by Catastrophy that were to be released after he told us the NDA was lifted at 00:00 today. I was expecting to wake up and find millions and millions of videos
    NDAs rarely expire at midnight anymore these days, we're probably looking at morning/midday Irvine time.

1+ Year Old Account
    I wasn’t exactly “sober” when I wrote that. Nor do I think the 00:00 was correct. Just wait, today is it!

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I wasn’t exactly “sober” when I wrote that. Nor do I think the 00:00 was correct. Just wait, today is it!
    The goal post is now -------->

1+ Year Old Account
    The goal post is now -------->
    Lol. Super excited to discuss all the stuff today with everyone. I would love more detailed information on things we already know; however, would be great to learn about new stuff we haven’t heard about, yet, too.

Perfect, I have time to relax and write my notes and eat watermelon

Well, we have more than 4 months till the end of year but that aside, people continue to make a lot of assumptions - well, it's fair - but just because they PURPOSEFULLY allow to test 5 classes, it doesn't mean that other 8 classes are not ready. It's equally probable that they target these 5 classes first. It might be 2 classes each week and it would still take a month. Wouldn't that make sense to narrow down the available content to receive as specific data as possible in return?

Not trying to play a devil's advocate, but I see there's a lot of worry, very often associated with a negative sentiment, regarding the timing of testing vs potential release date - but there's still a huge unknown variable in play which is - we have 0 clue at what stage of development Blizzard is, and they may still shock us how far they are. Obviously it can be the other way around.

Logically though, a lot of content from Shadowlands seems to be cut/ never developed at all. That could suggest that a lot of workforce has been transferred into DF - analogically to WoD and Legion. Personally I feel really confident that Blizzard is waaaay further into development than what they had for SL t comparable time. Also, systems-pruning is such a major factor when it comes to development time/ schedules - not saying whether it's good or bad that it happened, just a mere fact that a lot of the workforce required for developing these systems can be deployed into other areas

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Well, we have more than 4 months till the end of year but that aside, people continue to make a lot of assumptions - well, it's fair - but just because they PURPOSEFULLY allow to test 5 classes, it doesn't mean that other 8 classes are not ready. It's equally probable that they target these 5 classes first. It might be 2 classes each week and it would still take a month. Wouldn't that make sense to narrow down the available content to receive as specific data as possible in return?

Not trying to play a devil's advocate, but I see there's a lot of worry, very often associated with a negative sentiment, regarding the timing of testing vs potential release date - but there's still a huge unknown variable in play which is - we have 0 clue at what stage of development Blizzard is, and they may still shock us how far they are. Obviously it can be the other way around.

Logically though, a lot of content from Shadowlands seems to be cut/ never developed at all. That could suggest that a lot of workforce has been transferred into DF - analogically to WoD and Legion. Personally I feel really confident that Blizzard is waaaay further into development than what they had for SL t comparable time. Also, systems-pruning is such a major factor when it comes to development time/ schedules - not saying whether it's good or bad that it happened, just a mere fact that a lot of the workforce required for developing these systems can be deployed into other areas
    Thank you for writing this. You said everything I wanted to say but didn’t because my puppy woke me up super early and I’m trying to keep it together for Alpha.

Its just cringe to read the artificial hype a certain user is trying to generate for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Momzuna View Post
    Its just cringe to read the artificial hype a certain user is trying to generate for several days.
    Tin foil time, what if they're a a secret dev?