Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Problem is that something like "burn Stormwind" wouldn't make any sense. Why should Zovaal, and by extension his Anduin action figure care about some mortal city that has no connection to whatever the hell he's doing?
    this so called "mortal city" reproduces new heroes who will kick his ass.

I mean really there's so much potential for plot going forward with recreating the base world of wow.

Elwynn is getting plagued on all sides from different creatures as stormwind seeks to reclaim land

Westfall has become the new mage center due to the exposed ley-line and the blue dragons have also taken up residence.

Battle for Brightwood: With the worgen curse mostly contained and the power stemming from westfall the area has started going through a cleansing half the zone is back from the brink but there's problems stemming from deadwind keeping it from being fully reclaimed.

Redridge With the curse driving out the evil from brightwood many of the creatures from there are fleeing into other areas. There's upheaval in the southern area as the blast that took out the camp has created a tunnel to the swamplands and the goblins have set up residence down there now. The castle has been reclaimed and the majority of the eastern map is reclaiming farmlands.

I can go on it's not that hard to come up with plausible story hooks to progress these zones and their stories based off the lore we've left them off with and where they started.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Okay now we're talking. Do we have a date of registration and the certitude it was filed by Blizzard? A "Return of Heroes" kind of title would definitely point at an Azeroth 10.0 world revamp kind of expansion.

Strangely enough, Heroes Return is the name of a mod for WC3.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I think I just debunked it. It's a Hearthstone feature!

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Return_of_the_Hero
    Just for future reference, the name of expansions is never generic, it always features at least one specific. That keeps the product sounding memorable and on-brand and also helps with both avoiding and enforcing copyright.

Burning Crusade
    Lich King
    (the) Cataclysm
    Pandaria
    Draenor
    (the Burning) Legion
    Azeroth
    Shadowlands

So something like "Return of the Maw Walkers" would be valid, but not "Return of the Hero". "Whispers of the Void" is possible, but not "Whispers of Darkness"; "Heart of the Dragon Isles" not "Heart of the Dragons".

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just for future reference, the name of expansions is never generic, it always features at least one specific. That keeps the product sounding memorable and on-brand and also helps with both avoiding and enforcing copyright.

Burning Crusade
    Lich King
    (the) Cataclysm
    Pandaria
    Draenor
    (the Burning) Legion
    Azeroth
    Shadowlands

So something like "Return of the Maw Walkers" would be valid, but not "Return of the Hero". "Whispers of the Void" is possible, but not "Whispers of Darkness"; "Heart of the Dragon Isles" not "Heart of the Dragons".
    Eh, Burning Crusade, Cataclysm and Legion are plenty generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Best reason I can think of is the old theory that Arthas is buried in the tomb in Stormwind.
    I had a theory that Sylvanas would attack Stormwind to ressurect Arthas back in BfA, and I guess that could still happen with Zovaal.

No idea why it would be relevant of course, but there is always some ad-hoc reason available if you want.

Otherwise the "evil thing" Anduin could do is always something like kill Bolvar or something.
    Though really, why have Anduin do this and not just Zovaal himself. And for that matter, why didn't he just do it at the end of SoD.
    At least attacking Bolvar would make some sort of sense, since he's actively trying (if unsuccessfull) to be a thorn in Zovaal's side. Arthas... still don't see why he would bother. He made no effort to look for Ner'zhul's body, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    this so called "mortal city" reproduces new heroes who will kick his ass.
    So far, it has failed to produce even a minor nuisance. Besides, most races don't hail from Stormwind. So again, why should he attack Stormwind in particular?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't think he needs to do something terrible exactly, but we definitely need more reason to want to defeat Zovaal than just vaguely because we want to save Anduin.
    Without Sylvanas as a villain there isn't much relatable reason tl actually want to win left.

I don't think making Anduin do something horrible is needed, but Blizzard definitely needs to focus 9.2 on Anduin more. Make the story about saving him, because making the story about defeating Zovaal has really already failed.
    ....He's going to make us all drones(Zovaal)......thats more then enough.

he's too boring for a long story
    Subjective as all hell

So far, it has failed to produce even a minor nuisance. Besides, most races don't hail from Stormwind. So again, why should he attack Stormwind in particular?
    Edgyness
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-05 at 01:26 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because some Hordies still demand Siege of SW in any shape or form, after SoO.

But making MC'd Anduin do something nasty on Azeroth could be an interesting turn. People wouldn't buy MC excuse and he would be probably forced to quit the throne.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

But making MC'd Anduin do something nasty on Azeroth could be an interesting turn. People wouldn't buy MC excuse and he would be probably forced to quit the throne.
    But which race does the Alliance get to genocide in turn (or which two)?

I am a fervent Alliance player, a d I would absolutely adore a Siege of Alliance raid.
    There was so much attention and focus given to the Horde in the leadup to the SoO raid, and I would love to get the same for Alliance.

Losing important NPCs is a bitch, but you do get kickass moments like seeing those same known NPCs go out in a blaze of glory, or otherwise be given attention they wouldn't normally. Like how the warlocks trainers in Orgrimmar got to summon a giant doomguard to kill invaders.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Anduin attacking stormwind creates drama, imagine he returns to the kingdom and

Would make for a semi-interesting twist at least. Like they make you think offing the Jailer will free Anduin but it doesn't and just goes full chaotic evil without the Jailer keeping his mind at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think Cataclysm is the best expansion title yet. Short and telling us exactly what’s the entire theme.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    They refer to a specific crusade, a specific Cataclysm and a very, very specific Legion.

To put it another way, you're never going to ask "What <noun>?" with regards to a WoW expansion title, they are specific. No one has to ask "Which Legion?" or "What Cataclysm?" they are THE Legion and THE Cataclysm. Cataclysm by definition also indicates a singular important event. Burning Crusade, much like Lich King, is specified by its adjectival, not just any crusade, the Burning Crusade.

Compare that to "Return of the Hero(es)". Your immediate questions are "What/which heroes?", "Returning from what/where?"

In the same vein, "Awakenings" is an extremely unlikely expansion title. It's super nonspecific, like on a basic syntax level, that plural "s" removes any sort of specificity. You might be able to get away with (The) Awakening--because then you immediately know that there is one specific event called the Awakening, but certainly not Awakenings plural.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They refer to a specific crusade, a specific Cataclysm and a very, very specific Legion.

To put it another way, you're never going to ask "What <noun>?" with regards to a WoW expansion title, they are specific. No one has to ask "Which Legion?" or "What Cataclysm?" they are THE Legion and THE Cataclysm. Cataclysm by definition also indicates a singular important event. Burning Crusade, much like Lich King, is specified by its adjectival, not just any crusade, the Burning Crusade.

Compare that to "Return of the Hero(es)". Your immediate questions are "What/which heroes?", "Returning from what/where?"

In the same vein, "Awakenings" is an extremely unlikely expansion title. It's super nonspecific, like on a basic syntax level, that plural "s" removes any sort of specificity. You might be able to get away with (The) Awakening--because then you immediately know that there is one specific event called the Awakening, but certainly not Awakenings plural.
    It's contextually specific. Not generally. You can throw "Cataclysm" onto virtually any property and it could work.

Avengers: Cataclysm.
    Batman vs. Superman: Cataclysm.
    Men in Black: Cataclysm.
    Matrix: Re-Cataclysm.
    Little Cataclysm on the Prairie.

I'd watch them all.

Try the same thing with a proper noun like "Pandaria" or "Draenor." It doesn't work. Your argument only makes sense if all the titles were as specific as those. Just because it has a specific meaning in-universe doesn't mean it isn't a generalized term. "Awakenings" could just as as significant as "Cataclysm" is in-game, but they're still general terms that aren't specific to the WarCraft universe.

There are rumblings.

9.2 is close

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    There are rumblings.

9.2 is close
    Your guts? Or what is rumbling.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    There are rumblings.

9.2 is close
    Don't play with this forum's hearts >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There are rumblings.

9.2 is close
    The Old Gods are dead. What rumblings are you hearing?

Maybe today there will be an announcement of the upcoming announcement of 9.2?

Anduin culling Stormwind would be perfect. Have him murder Genn for that final Arthas parallel -- Tess can despise him for that and provide us with tension later on. He'll despise himself, and lead him down a more interesting path of dealing with that trauma and overcoming it to return stronger than ever.

As for the reasons to why? Perhaps the Jailer requires time to get through the defenses of the Sepulcher, and sending Anduin to raze his home not only wholly breaks his spirit, but distracts us from pursuing him and weakens one of the strongest factions on Azeroth.

A raid featuring a burning Stormwind, a necropolis hovering above and us trying to catch up with Anduin's deathmarch towards the throne would be amazing.