Why do people still think Sylvanas story would end in a raid (killed off by tyrande) ? Didnt the devs said several times now that something like this would not happen to Sylvanas?

My prediction:

9.1 Maldraxxus Raid (kel end boss)

9.2 Sylvanas Raid where at the end (5%) comes a Cinematic Sylvnas fighting Tyrande (maybe CGI?) but before Tyrande is able to defeat Sylvanas something happens - Jailer being released etc . Similiar to Azshara and Nzoth

9.3 Sylvanas got backstabbed by Jailer as already forshadowed, at athe end of the Raid Sylvanas sacrifices herself to defeat the Jailer and dies / and is going to be imprisoned as the new Jailer

Thats the most obvious way and thats why its most likely going to happen.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just checked few dates, isn't obvious that 9.1 will launch March 16th/17th? 3.5 months after launch is good time for new patch, they very often release updates near end of quarter, it's week after Renown 40.

Of course 9.1 doesn't have to be new Season, that should be ~5 months after Nathria. Hopefully they move seasons to X.X.5 patches - they felt really empty in BfA. 9.1 could have:

- new Renown that last all over to 9.1.5
    - more sandbox content in Maw
    - (maybe) new dungeon
    - (maybe) mini-raid - to be honest I'm not fan of Legion/BfA mini-raids at all, I would prefer if Blizzard just split one tier/season into two raids that launch at same time to satisfy people that like smaller raids
    - storyline leading to either Sylvanas or Kel'Thuzad raid in 9.1.5
    - (veeeery unlikely) - new small SL realm (we have 3 empty spots + empty spot at flight master in Oribos after all)

For 9.1.5 we would have stuff like Brawler's Guild/Legion Timewalking + Season 2.

About Renown again, I wonder if they want keep new levels every single week until 9.3(.5?). They have full control now, and people are more pro timegating than during Legion (I think at some point during 7.1/7.2 they wanted to add something small every week of patch).

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Why do people still think Sylvanas story would end in a raid (killed off by tyrande) ? Didnt the devs said several times now that something like this would not happen to Sylvanas?
    Blizzard has lied countless times, we have no reason to trust their word, especially when it comes to story. Example: "MoRaLlY gReY"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Blizzard has lied countless times, we have no reason to trust their word, especially when it comes to story. Example: "MoRaLlY gReY"
    Your example is shitty, no offence. Sorry for being to lazy to find actual quote, but Ion said something like "World of Azeroth is morally grey". But of course memes lives and mutate, so few months later it was "look at Sylvanas burning tree, morally grey huehuehue" already.

Good example would be "Grommash Hellscream will be final boss of Warlords of Draenor".

They didn't even say she would never die in a raid... In fact, at the last Blizzcon they literally said "ANYONE could die in a raid".
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Your example is shitty, no offence. Sorry for being to lazy to find actual quote, but Ion said something like "World of Azeroth is morally grey". But of course memes lives and mutate, so few months later it was "look at Sylvanas burning tree, morally grey huehuehue" already.

Good example would be "Grommash Hellscream will be final boss of Warlords of Draenor".
    I will admit that example is more blatant, but the entirety of BFA is built on a foundation of lies. "Who burnt down Teldrassil?" "Definitely not garrosh 2.0"

They clearly were trying to soften the blow, since they already had the cinematics in the works.

They knew what they were doing.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-12-05 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

He meant the events of Azeroth are morally grey, thats the quote(I know cause during BFA I actually looked up the interview)

Cause research is too hard for some people(I get the knee jerk reactions sometimes considering Sylvanas is...very bad but still..gifdwarf needs to actually use his brain).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He meant the events of Azeroth are morally grey
    And they are not. Blizzard, especially after BFA, has a very poor tendency to actually get subtlety and nuance done right. Just look at MoP and BFA for example.

That being said, I do have high hopes for the story of Shadowlands, I think the setting is better than I thought it was going to be initially when it was announced. My only concern is the fate of Sylvanas and the Jailer, but at this point I think most people don't care and have extreme Sylvanas fatigue, at least I do.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-12-05 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    And they are not. Blizzard, especially after BFA, has a very poor tendency to actually get subtlety and nuance done right. Just look at MoP and BFA for example.

That being said, I do have high hopes for the story of Shadowlands, I think the setting is better than I thought it was going to be initially when it was announced. My only concern is the fate of Sylvanas and the Jailer, but at this point I think most people don't care and have extreme Sylvanas fatigue, at least I do.
    I keep dreading that they'll leave her "ending" open so that even if we beat her this expansion, she can be reused.
    Extremely tired of her as a villain. And the Jailer being another dudebro doesn't help. He's not even scary, just looks like the PG13 version of Pinhead...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I keep dreading that they'll leave her "ending" open so that even if we beat her this expansion, she can be reused.
    Extremely tired of her as a villain. And the Jailer being another dudebro doesn't help. He's not even scary, just looks like the PG13 version of Pinhead...
    I'm kind of over my Sylvanas-dislike at this point. No matter how they end it, it will not be satisfying for me. I accepted that and moved on to enjoying the few parts of the story I like now. My only hope is she is never brought up again after SL, dead, redeemed or otherwise.

Somewhere along the way we free Arthas from the Maw and he becomes the new lord of death after the Jailer dies and he commands the undead army against the void forces come 10.0.

I also wonder what all the Dreadlords spread across the universe doing their thing in Denathrius' name will do. Perhaps they'll be part of the Jailer raid.

I feel like 9.3 could be far more epic and out there than we imagine. I'm talking elune, the pantheon and all these other cosmic forces coming together against the Jailer. Setting up an ultimate cosmic battle in 10.0

Or 10.0 could go back to pandas.

Who knows.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2020-12-06 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I guess something like this:
    10.0 - Tyrande is a baddie and arcane is the "evil" magic school. Possible featured heroes and such are: Ethereals, Malygos, Blue dragonflight, Archmage Xylem, end boss is Dimensius? Travel to K'aresh?
    How about uh... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How about uh... no.
    It doesn't even make sense making Arcane evil like wtf.... I get people have this hard on for making the Light bad but pls no thats dumb. And well making Tyrande bad.... no don't like that angle either. She should deal with her Night warrior problem not "Ok Im bad now despite the fact that I turned into this cause of legit reasons but ok"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

He meant the events of Azeroth are morally grey, thats the quote(I know cause during BFA I actually looked up the interview)

Cause research is too hard for some people(I get the knee jerk reactions sometimes considering Sylvanas is...very bad but still..gifdwarf needs to actually use his brain).
    Spoken like a true sycophant, no opportunity missed trying to deflect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUik9-2ygS8
    at around 58:27

"The intro quests on the beta are painting the Horde in a negative light. Should I be worried about my faction turning evil." -Pearbutter

That was the question, the context to which Ion responded. There is absolutely nothing gray about what was happening there, while Ion was dodging the question like there is no tomorrow. There might have been no "morally" in his statement, but the context he responded to still has no real room to interpret the actions that happned. Especially with the SL retcons that everything was her plan all along. Warcraft is indeed a world of black and white, certainly the actions in darkshore were. There was never a struggle for survival on the Horde's side in this conflict as they were the unprovoked agressors to begin with.

"morally gray" is just the short hand for the community to remind everyone how full of shit they are, much like the SW quote never was "Luke, I'm your father", yet everyone knows what is ment by it. Even if it is a misquote, the context and meaning doesn't change at all.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It doesn't even make sense making Arcane evil like wtf.... I get people have this hard on for making the Light bad but pls no thats dumb. And well making Tyrande bad.... no don't like that angle either. She should deal with her Night warrior problem not "Ok Im bad now despite the fact that I turned into this cause of legit reasons but ok"
    Everyone seems to want to see Tyrande dead for some reason and it's annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like a true sycophant
    Believe what you want dude, I watched the interview when he said "Morally grey" he meant the events of Azeroth and he says it. The more you people obsess over me being a sycophant the worse you get but whatever.

Some said the same for Jaina when Dalaran happened so... /shrug

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They didn't even say she would never die in a raid... In fact, at the last Blizzcon they literally said "ANYONE could die in a raid".
    That's not the right quote. I remember them saying " ANYONE could become a Raid Boss" There was no wording about dying at all

9.1: House of the Chosen raid
    9.2: Maw
    9.3: Jailer seige Oribos

They did say somewhere that we will see a new zone being formed that will show how Shadowlands zones come to be and what energies the in-between has .. I dont know where to fit that.

They toyed with the idea of time skip and revamp, and Sragars sowrd .. so when we are done with shadowlands i expect that sometime time has passed in Azeroth, and we will get some sort of revamp ..

But I dont think will have light and void just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    But I dont think will have light and void just yet.
    I honestly hope so. I am already bored of that idea just from Shadowlands alone, an entire expansion like that would have to be pretty unique to get me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Maybe it's because she became annoying?