Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Anyone else kind of hate these developer insight videos? I'm nostalgic when new assets were dumped onto the ptr & we had to piece together context: That's the magical part. Blizzard please don't do this every single time theres a major patch.
    I feel like it is obvious that this is not a normal circumstance situation. I don't think if we had a normal schedule we'd have these VoDs/Streams. Although this new trend starting with 8.2 and onwards have been a bit weird. I do like having stuff previewed as it is become pretty industry standard.

Fundamentally we also have no idea what they are showing off tomorrow. It could be just 9.2 and if so I agree you have a point, but if there's more and some sort of vision on the future of WoW statement it does make sense to have it in video format.

Regardless, I do think that we should try our best to return to a place where the x.1 -> x.2 drought doesn't mandate some sort of video response and instead keep the big announcements directed on Expansions. But at the same time I do feel since we don't get any other communication other than these Preview videos and the incoming Council it is really hard to guage what the right call is.

My genuine take away is that there should be other forms of communication than just these Previews and that we should step away from x.1 -> x.2 droughts that make the need for Patch previews a necessity. Obviously harder to work out than just pointing out the obvious, however.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

12 Runes, 12 Entities, 12 Classes, 12 Tier Sets, one for each class, but since dropping a token for a boss and exchanging for a given piece would be "way too easy" to come back, be prepared for Tier Sets 2.0, where these nice looking runes will mean that you're gonna need to farm "things" for weeks to be able to earn your tier pieces.

The 3 symbols on the bottom, I've no idea, I don't think they're meant to represent roles.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-11-10 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Cataclysm leak by Boubouille, damn the theories were back and forth...
    To be pedantic, that was actually discovered over at the Scrolls of Lore forum first, by Handclaw I believe (the "masks", specifically)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    To be pedantic, that was actually discovered over at the Scrolls of Lore forum first, by Handclaw I believe (the "masks", specifically)
    Scrolls of lore used to have better leaks than MMOC back in the day.

1+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I'm not going to cry over Systems yet. (Shocking I know considering everything.) I'd rather just wait and see if they pass the "Litmus Test" tomorrow.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-10 at 06:56 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I don't know I'm not going to cry over Systems yet. (Shocking I know considering everything.) I'd rather just wait and see if they pass the "Litmus Test" tomorrow.
    Out of curiosity, what is s good system?
    Would corrupted gear be "good" if all the upgrades were available all the time for instance?

- - - Updated - - -

As in the vendor we got in the end, except with all the options available all the time.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Would corrupted gear be "good" if all the upgrades were available all the time for instance?

- - - Updated - - -

As in the vendor we got in the end, except with all the options available all the time.
    God knows I hated that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Scrolls of lore used to have better leaks than MMOC back in the day.
    Yup.

And also one leak that led to someone actually being fired from Blizzard, as I recall! (I think it was for WoD)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe there were 12 Eternal Ones and 8 have been trapped / killed and only our four remain? I mean you can interpret a lot of stuff here.
    Maybe there are just 6 eternal ones and each has 2 aspects to it and this is just art for forging tier sets.. or it's just random art for some first one elevator, the bottom right one looks like an elevator button. :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

How about we remove datamining so people can actually discover stuff in game and have Blizzard test their stuff and not rely on people they don't pay to find bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    How about we remove datamining so people can actually discover stuff in game and have Blizzard test their stuff and not rely on people they don't pay to find bugs?
    Because that way tends to end in disaster. I mean, hell, there's already plenty of bugs that go through even with mass public testing. Imagine how broken shit would be without it?

And datamining has existed for eons. Blizzard used to pursue and send Cease & Desist orders but eventually gave up as it wasn't stopping.

Cat's not only out of the bag, its in the next timezone. No point in trying to stop it. They do secure some stuff at least but realize it is otherwise a losing battle.

That's an absolute NOPE.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Anyone else kind of hate these developer insight videos? I'm nostalgic when new assets were dumped onto the ptr & we had to piece together context: That's the magical part. Blizzard please don't do this every single time theres a major patch.
    I like the idea of it, I just think Blizz is horrible at making these insight videos. Though maybe that's because most of the time it's them trying to plug holes in the ship instead of trying to get people excited for what's coming up. Also they like never trailer their patches, imagine if we got one of those features trailers for every patch with VO and all that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Good luck with that, but no joke, by the time the patch launches it's already considered old content these days. LMAO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its not feasible nor even smart.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    God knows I hated that one...
    I thought it was fine at the end when it gave loads of stats for basically nothing.
    Generally I tend to enjoy end-of-expansion systems that deliberately doesn't feel the need to be balanced in the slightest. Especially ones like Corruption that is available from the start, and gradually becomes more and more OP until you end up with flat 50% haste and crit.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I actually did not play 8.3 so all of this is from observations (so take this opinions with a grain of salt), but I am probably of the opinion that if the Corruption Vendor was not on a rotation and was available at launch and people were allowed to aquire the Corruptions they wanted it would be fine.

However obviously the problem with the System itself was that some of the Corruptions were so overpowered in comparison to others. It's an interesting idea to add affixes to the gear, but the problem is that either you have the issue where all the affixes are samey or you have to make small amounts which are too powerful. The best approach would be to make unique effects for everyone that actually changed up playstyles which did exist with the system with Haste warlocks and so forth. But, again IDK.

I am definitely not a big fan of this type of system solely because it requires such a mass effort to make it fun and interesting for everyone. I would say that the System could potentially have been better recieved if the Vendor and the Rotation Issue didn't exist. But, again everyone running Twilight Devestation, Infinite Star, Echoing Void doesn't seem like a successful system to me which again was just a boring extra proc rather than the more interesting playstyle changes with +Haste and such.

Also, I did like the KISS system with effects that made you have to be proactive to wear more corruption on you. Obviously some of them were just a bit too much. But I like the idea of taking on negative effects that make you do something different to have a boost in your output. But, many people would disagree with me on that too.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-10 at 07:19 PM.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I like the idea of it, I just think Blizz is horrible at making these insight videos. Though maybe that's because most of the time it's them trying to plug holes in the ship instead of trying to get people excited for what's coming up. Also they like never trailer their patches, imagine if we got one of those features trailers for every patch with VO and all that.
    Didn't we use to get those? 5.2 and 5.4 had amazing trailers with fantastic music and boss previews. 6.2 was the last one I can remember where the trailer was custom made for the trailer, and not just clips from other cutscenes like what the 7.3 one was.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    12 Runes, 12 Entities, 12 Classes, 12 Tier Sets, one for each class, but since dropping a token for a boss and exchanging for a given piece would be "way too easy" to come back, be prepared for Tier Sets 2.0, where these nice looking runes will mean that you're gonna need to farm "things" for weeks to be able to earn your tier pieces.

The 3 symbols on the bottom, I've no idea, I don't think they're meant to represent roles.
    Well they did say tier sets would come back. But I'm pretty sure its supposed to be the title & logo: Zereth Mortis. It was a pretty conspicuous word the brokers used to refer to where the Jailer was going. Also adds to my theory Venari is the Arbiter.

I do hope we get a pretty skybox to make the zone feel even better, you can do a lot in a fractal themed zone.