Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Tge arbiter is literally just the Jailers ability to judge souls taken from him and made into a construct.
    That was the theory but it was never confirmed. And what has been established is there used to be 6 seats above Oribos. If the Arbiter & Jailer were one being who's that 6th seat for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Venari is a broker based on everything we know, and the new lore book on the Shadiwlands even seems to fully explain why she is in the Maw being hunted by other brokers.
    All that could have easily been happening in the time after whenever the Arbiter got banished. Which we still don't have a clear timeframe for.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-11-11 at 04:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Probably because they obviously designed Shadowlands around covenants rather than the other way around? Hence why it doesn't feel organic or believable in the slightest.
    No, what is more obvious they designed Covs and their zones simultaneously, so they could fit each other. And it's still not making things on a go. Also, this is an afterlife realm in a high fantasy setting we are talking about, what kind of believability are you looking for? And regarding not feeling organic, we got vastly different zones sitting literally next to each other in Draenor, Outlands and even Vanilla.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    We do have characters coming INTO the Shadowlands though (Taelia and Caelia, for example), so surely it would have been brought up that "hey, youve been in the Shadowlands for 10 years now!"
    Except they left immedeately after we did & as far as what's been established, have not yet returned to Azeroth.

Probably because they obviously designed Shadowlands around covenants rather than the other way around? Hence why it doesn't feel organic or believable in the slightest.
    Jesus, the goal post moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Same reason stuff went small after the Legion was defeated after Hyjal. Same after Legion during BFA. People are too obessed with their anti cosmic stuff.
    The cosmic stuff is getting kind of boring and redundant atm.

I get your point with bfa but since it was jsut as isolated as Legion was it didnt really feel like it "went small".

...You will HATE Final Fantasy, if you think THIS is unbelievable for WoW. Damn, haven't done the random caps in words for no reason thingy in ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Less than 2 hours until announcement. Since it'll all mean probably nothing, let's all share our wildest predictions for 9.2 and possibly 10.0?
    For 9.2:
    - Zereth Mortis will be the new zone, with the raid being the Sepulcher of the First Ones
    - The covenant leaders will be the ones fighting the Jailer while we fight Anduin at the end of a 12 boss raid.
    - He will be sealed away, but not without making an impact to Azeroth.
    - We will discover that Azeroth is not a Titan, but actually a First One in the process of rebirth.
    - Renown will go up by 20, not 40.
    - Sylvanas will be redeemed & giving quests to my Night Elf Druid, who won't even get an apology for burning his homeland & killing his people.

I know they didn't envision the Shadowlands this way, as they obviously based it on the Shadowfell & these Shadowlands are more like the D&D Celestial Planes, the Shadowlands zones do feel very authentic to this setting: Necromancy, Vampires, Valkyrie & Druidism are the 4 most common motifs in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I still don't really get why this is a problem. We still have Warcraft characters in the Shadowlands & we are seeing continuations of their stories. The story comes from stuff we have already seen hints of in Azeroth, such as the Spirit Healers & the mention of the Shadowlands in the DK Starting Zone. It is largely made up to be sure...but why is that a problem? Pandaria was made up largely out of a joke character & became something very real. Ny'alotha was made up pretty much via hints in WoW & is largely regarded as lore that wasn't expanded on enough rather than being disconnected.

WoW is nearly 20 years old at this point. I'd be more concerned if they weren't making new zones disconnected to Azeroth than I am with the occasional off-world expansion. Shadowlands has a lot of lore issues to be sure, but I just don't get why "it isn't on Azeroth" is one of them.
    Because we don't have any further implications on our "home". That's the issue, not the topic itself. As Dracullus said in a post before, Shadowlands build up was incredibly poor. Sylvanas creates a rift and ooops, Shadowlands are there. Excuse me what? This could have been done way better and way more connected to our world. That it hasn't been done in the beginning means it needs closure towards the end. That's all I'm saying. You can't spend 99% of the time in the Shadowlands and the last 1% of the expansion instantly link back to Azeroth and show us what happened until *blink* we get to know it in the next expansion a year later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Sylvanas will be redeemed & giving quests to my Night Elf Druid, who won't even get an apology for burning his homeland & killing his people.
    Teldrassil was 30 years old & all night elves are thousands of years old. You'd have to make a strong argument to convince me of even entertaining the idea killing a night elf is anything other than a form of euthanasia.

Get over it.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-11-11 at 04:31 PM.

It's only genocide bro, get over it dude... smh my head

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    It's only genocide bro, get over it dude... smh my head
    They'll prolly do some BS like place the blame on Zovaal or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    But he will destroy the Universe by the time we get to it.

Eh, we beat N'Zoth in a patch. Galakrond should be child's play.

Man, they really dropped the ball on N'zoth. What a let down that was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    They'll prolly do some BS like place the blame on Zovaal or something like that.
    i think we can all count on sylvanas' redemption being complete bs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Teldrassil was 30 years old & all night elves are thousands of years old. You'd have to make a strong argument to convince me of even entertaining the idea killing a night elf is anything other than a form of euthanasia.

Get over it.
    Teldrassil is roughly 8 years old in the lore actually, and no, telling a race to get over genocide is just laughable.

That was the theory but it was never confirmed. And what has been established is there used to be 6 seats above Oribos. If the Arbiter & Jailer were one being who's that 6th seat for?
    It was confirmed that the Arbiter was created from the Jailer's Anima in the 9.1 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Teldrassil is roughly 8 years old in the lore actually, and no, telling a race to get over genocide is just laughable.
    *laughs in troll* wait *cries in troll*

7+ Year Old Account

Get over it.
    Ok, this is the most hardcore Syliv defending I have ever seen. Shame you are last man standing on this battlefield.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Not sure why the age of Teldrassil should matter over the murder of innocent people and children. That's like saying getting burned alive in the house you bought last week isn't as bad as getting burned alive in your childhood home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Not sure why the age of Teldrassil should matter over the murder of innocent people and children. That's like saying getting burned alive in the house you bought last week isn't as bad as getting burned alive in your childhood home.
    That moment when Zovaal did a better job at burning Azerothians than Sargeras himself.

Get over it.
    Are you drunk?
    Not all Night Elfs are that old, its the starting zones... its were the young Night Elfs start of... so yeah there were also a lot of kids on Teldrassil as we know from the short story.
    And even if only the 10k year old night elfs were on there its still wrong in the same ways. And the age of Teldrassil does not matter at all. With that logic we should probably burn down most race hubs in wow.
    Blizzards story teller have failed to address any of this.
    So no people will not just get over this.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-11-11 at 04:45 PM.