Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Taken from a Korean website:

SL was designed to be short filler before 10.0, as I always expected.
    "We totally didn't remove or shorten the story at all!" Yes, I totally, completely believe them. /s

Think the new zones/raids look cool, there's really nothing to complain about in the video so far IMO because we don't really get a feel for how it will actually play.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/tier-se...or-tier-324835
    I legitimately can’t tell what the sets with dresses go with what class. Just what the hell are these sets?
    Again, it's kinda painfully obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Look, Sylvanas! New outfit confirmed. A dramatic improvement.

She looks totally depressed. Good.

I am not a fan of art (dunno why it reminds me of Minecraft). Surely, you can do more crazy stuff with new physics.

BUT I guess the first ones wanted a pleasant workshop and not a crazy world to show to mortals.

This new area would be an awesome addition to the Archaeology profession...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Again, it's kinda painfully obvious.
    It’s really fucking not.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's a good look and I'd laugh my ass of if this is all an elaborate way to resolve the sword business. It is the exact azerite texture used for the N'zoth beam.
    @bagina

No hood. Clearly not my Sylvanas.
    She's been NOT MUH for quite a while now :[

Taken from a Korean website:

SL was designed to be short filler before 10.0, as I always expected.
    I mean that’s what I was saying from the beginning. Maybe a 9.3 was never planned.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Anyone else getting Azerite vibes from the stuff behind Jailer?

After healing them wooooooons for months, I think we can all guarantee that YES. This is Azerite. Is Zovaal... trying to absorb the power/flow of Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised not to have heard the famous sentence : you'll be able to test it soon on the PTR"

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "We totally didn't remove or shorten the story at all!" Yes, I totally, completely believe them. /s
    Sylvanas is fought in the second raid. They made a short ass story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those "tier sets" look painfully uniform in their aesthetics. I would venture that only the Hunter and Monk sets come out on top as being slightly more distinctive than the rest. But the artistic decision clearly lies in the sets reflecting the theme of the zone, rather that evidencing class undertones.

Is someone else just whelmed? I mean it looks nice, but as the conclusion of Shadowlands? This is everything the MIGHTY Zovaal wanted?

Even if this was always planned this way, it’s pretty weak. And it gives me the feeling of being a rushed job although being already months too late. Not talking about art, that’s always been great. But content, story, features… it just lacks oomph.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    After healing them wooooooons for months, I think we can all guarantee that YES. This is Azerite. Is Zovaal... trying to absorb the power/flow of Azeroth?
    Maybe we'll learn that the blade is siphoning off her energy, and that Sargeras or Argus had been working with the Jailer all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is someone else just whelmed? I mean it looks nice, but as the conclusion of Shadowlands? This is everything the MIGHTY Zovaal wanted?

Even if this was always planned this way, it’s pretty weak. And it gives me the feeling of being a rushed job although being already months too late. Not talking about art, that’s always been great. But content, story, features… it just lacks oomph.
    Why should they put a lot of effort into the final patch of a filler expansion that is vocally hated?

People wanted another Legion, they are doing another Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    This was not in the video!

Also sucks there won't 9.3 and new dungeon in 9.2.
    But what saga are they talking about?

Also art team delivered once again!
    They are saying If I understand it.

Warcraft and all of it is basically one Book(Or even just one trilogy) and the next phase of the franchise is coming soon. Thats how you should take it, they are very cagey about details which is fine, its a preview not a deep dive.

Ot: I can definitely see the feeling alien vibe here and if people don't like it well the door is ------>

It is purposeful and I think they nailed it, of course we only have a small bit of what it is. My question is, Anduin, Sylvanas and whatever dangerous power inside the Sepulcher. Among other things. The tier sets aren't for me because well some designs aren't to my taste and thats ok. And yeah there's gonna be some form of a grind. Shiver me timbers.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Its a simple story, I think it is spaced over such a long period that it seems weak.

Why should they put a lot of effort into the final patch of a filler expansion that is vocally hated?

People wanted another Legion, they are doing another Legion.
    I don’t disagree here. But even 6.2 had more OOOMPH than this patch. And Warlords of Draenor was meant to be more. But Shadowlands was always meant to be… this? Uhm.

Super funny how whelmed Reddit is, some of the responses there are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This big bag of nothing definitely wasn't worth the hype that some of you tricked yourselves into wanting it to be.

It's just more of the same.
    Thank you.

I've never been so "meh" about the concepts of "alien aesthetic unlike we've never seen" when so much of it apes a combination of Titan and Black Empire stuff. There's lore reasons, yes, but nothing about this impressed me. I've seen so much like it in places like Ulduar, Nya'lotha, Sholazar, or parts of Antorus. A lot of Karazhan influence. Floating pieces of geometry aren't fresh to me, they're practically a level designer cheat code at this point. Nagrand...do I need to go on?

The class sets all share the same aesthetic even though they're technically individual in silhouette. The thing that worked about tier sets was the theming was the same but they all took from aesthetics surrounding it - sets that drew on inspirations of either enemies or core factions within the patch they were attached to. "This one has a San'layn OR a Nerubian OR Frost Wyrm aesthetic." These sets literally all look like Argus quest gear.

The only unique feature in the entire patch is...basically Al Bhed Primers, only it's for what is certain to be mandatory and critical pieces of story and not a bonus for a side faction. That's sure to not be infuriating.

I get that this is thread ratios strongly in the direction of the hype train, but I simply do not get the reception. The most "alien" thing to me here is how everyone is acting and I mean that sincerely not trying to thread-shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too and elaborate some:

You know, weirdly enough, one of the things I don't mind is the idea of the afterlife being artificial. It kinda gives the First Ones more legitimacy, in my mind. Imagine some ancient progenitor species, filling a universe with life but realizing that once they die, there will be nothing left, and wanting to fix that. So they create a new dimension, attune it to the souls of the dead, and build the machinery needed to pump out specialized afterlives to house them all.

It's actually one of the few things about Shadowlands I can kind of get behind. I like the whole idea of the Shadowlands being a naturally occurring thing more originally, but this honestly isn't bad, for me at least.
    Am I the only one who enjoys this idea? An ancient precursor race that literally has to build the universe and the afterlife?