Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    because people misunderstood what she was talking about:
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...416890368?s=20
    I guess I did as well then, well at least partially. So she does know where the story is going.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I feel like with Chromie Time they could get away with doing a revamp over several expansions maybe.

For example, they could focus an expansion on only a part of a continent (ex: Northern Kalimdor). Rebuild the zones they select from the ground up rather than re-skinning them, but only revamp 6-10 zones for expansion launch.

Maybe the story leads to additional zone revamps in patches and the continent is complete by the end with the other continent following in the next expansion, or maybe they spread out the revamp even more and still lead the story to a few new places we haven’t seen before each expansion.

I’d rather see Azeroth given the time to be redone really well and have new stories told there. Rather than having them spread themselves too thin and only be able to put half hearted effort into some zones or make all zone stories focused on one threat (like Deathwing) instead of local stories. I’d also love to see them re-envision the scale of many zones and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nice idea but I feel like players would just whine about more more world quests to grind.
    Honestly, at this point, I don't give one shit about players complaining, they complain about everything.

To clarify, I'm referring to people who don't like something and then use that opinion as proof that the thing is objectively bad.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Honestly, at this point, I don't give one shit about players complaining, they complain about everything.

To clarify, I'm referring to people who don't like something and then use that opinion as proof that the thing is objectively bad.
    It's better when people have stuff to do in game and complain about it (Legion launch says hello) than when they get "clean" design they asked for ages.. and quit. Because who want pay monthly for game you play 1-2 times a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    What do you mean by redesigning every single zone? I mean, like I said we don't need many quests like in Cataclysm for every zone, 3D assets such as creatures/buildings/trees are all being added since Legion, the only part missing is terrain that might take a while, but not as much as 3D assets or quests. Also, the zone concept is already done they only need to revamp it. It's not like making something from scratch and trying to figure out how it should look and/or play out.
    And as they discovered, making it from scratch is faster because you don't have preconceptions about what the zone is like you need to consider. A revamped zone still has to be recognisable as the same zone. A new one doesn't.

hope for PTR next week, otherwise the preview looks awful

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    hope for PTR next week, otherwise the preview looks awful
    It better should, we’re already looking at Feb 15/22 for release date (if the PTR starts on Tuesday).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just say this; After watching that League of Legends show on netflix, Blizzard better get its stuff together. Riot has a very good concept on their hands and a MMO based on that universe could really give WoW a run for its money.

This from a person who doesn't even like LoL.

I do feel though that competition on that level could drive the WoW team to take more chances and thus create a better product. We'll see.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-11-14 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'll just say this; After watching that League of Legends show on netflix, Blizzard better get its stuff together. Riot has a very good concept on their hands and a MMO based on that universe could really give WoW a run for its money.

This from a person who doesn't even like LoL.
    I guess only time will tell whether it will join FFXIV as a legitimate contender for the MMO crown, or whether it will join the towering pile of supposed WoW killers...

I am mostly just curious whether it will have an audience. From what I have seen at least the LoL players have little to no interest in playing an MMO just because it looks similar to what they know.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's better when people have stuff to do in game and complain about it (Legion launch says hello) than when they get "clean" design they asked for ages.. and quit. Because who want pay monthly for game you play 1-2 times a week?
    I dunno, it just seems like to me theres no ever actual satisfaction and the weird part is, people seem to forget the rage from previous expansions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess only time will tell whether it will join FFXIV as a legitimate contender for the MMO crown, or whether it will join the towering pile of supposed WoW killers...

I am mostly just curious whether it will have an audience. From what I have seen at least the LoL players have little to no interest in playing an MMO just because it looks similar to what they know.
    Oh it will definitely have an audience. I do agree that LoL players en masse might not be interested, but I'm sure some are. There will also be players currently playing other MMOs that will migrate over, including current WoW players.

I do feel that Riot's MMO will penetrate WoW's marketshare a bit more because some of the people developing the MMO are former WoW devs. Also the basis of LoL was originally WC3's hero units. They also have a ton of money to throw at this, and they appear willing to spare no expense to get this off the ground.

I dunno, I was just very surprised at how good Arcane was. I didn't expect such a strong backstory from LoL which appears to be all over the place thematically.

Im so bored with the rehatching of the same systems since legion

AP replaced by AP replaced by renown
    All were grinds that were essentially removed patch by patch but slightly extended in new ways
    Legion first had filling out your weapon, then new traits, then concordance, then nether light. All services the same way

BfA had essentially the same with neck level with each patch giving you the baseline number of traits then systems that worked around it via the azerite gear unlock number going higher until it was just concordance.

SL now has the same with renown just concordance is tied to the slots themselves and now being replaced by that new tree system.

We got told before launch that they would stop doing this system on top of system garbage and instead expand the systems we have at launch and honestly I look forward to that
    The story was set up for a new soulbind each patch and you had the characters for it and it would make sense narratively.
    Instead they abandoned all of those systems immediately after all of that work just like the story they built up in the last couple patches. “The jailer doesn’t want power” you literally wrote him saying “all will serve”

The only saving grace for me is that we are returning to Azeroth

Yeah we can’t go back to being nameless adventurers but that’s not really what mattered to me. I want this giant world to be filled with life again I mean they have so many zones just abandoned that have fun little things like the rainbow generator or plants vs zombies.

The world will be remade, the reality will have a soft reset, they will actually use the systems they already have in place for cross faction content (seriously anyone remember the mercenary system or the April fool’s traitor system…if happy reaper exists now why can’t that)

- - - Updated - - -

And give me a talent row damn it

So,while that leak with the mechanic class is most likely fake, a new class would pique my interest, I play FFXIV these days, have since Feb, and despite me personally believing shadowlands was trash I do miss playing my toons, not the content they were in, so if this WAS legit, I'd be interested.

I think if they added a new class in general I'd take a look, HOWEVER, start from lvl 1 please, none of this 'Hero Class skip-all' again, pleeeeease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CopyX1982 View Post
    So,while that leak with the mechanic class is most likely fake, a new class would pique my interest, I play FFXIV these days, have since Feb, and despite me personally believing shadowlands was trash I do miss playing my toons, not the content they were in, so if this WAS legit, I'd be interested.

I think if they added a new class in general I'd take a look, HOWEVER, start from lvl 1 please, none of this 'Hero Class skip-all' again, pleeeeease.
    I do think that a new class is on the horizon, and I do believe it's going to be a mechanical-based class. Those Tinkers in the Island Expeditions having class abilities and abilities from HotS was too weird to be anything other than a massive hint at future content.

Also people underestimate the effects of a new class on expansions. New classes are features, and the lack of such a feature can have a detrimental effect on the feeling of the content. The top expansions generally are considered WotLK, MoP, and Legion. All three of those expansions introduced new classes to the roster. If Shadowlands had introduced a Necromancer or Dark Ranger class, it might have been better received.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-11-14 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if a new class is introduced, it doesn't really reduce the chance of people calling expansions bad, same cycle every time. I rather they try and expand what classes can do then another class personally.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Doesn't matter if a new class is introduced, it doesn't really reduce the chance of people calling expansions bad, same cycle every time. I rather they try and expand what classes can do then another class personally.
    My point was that the expansions that did introduce new classes aren't considered bad. I do believe that one of the reasons this is the case is because new classes are a massive feature. Expansions that don't introduce new classes need to make up for that huge missing feature, and many don't succeed.

7+ Year Old Account
    My point was that the expansions that did introduce new classes aren't considered bad. I do believe that one of the reasons this is the case is because new classes are a massive feature. Expansions that don't introduce new classes need to make up for that huge missing feature, and many don't succeed.
    Eh, no. Each expac gets shat on by many during it's run time. It's a normal thing. Legion was blasted due to AP grind and Legendary lottery ALONE. Don't let your tinker want distort the reality.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

What I want are Class Skins. For example, a Class Skin for Frost Mages that turns their spells purple and void-y, befitting of the aesthetic of the "cold nothingness" from which the Ren'dorei draw their strength. I might switch from Shadow Priest and main that then.

Let the Art team go crazy, they're the ones carrying WoW anyway, so you might as well give them full freedom to do whatever they want with the core system of the game: Classes.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, no. Each expac gets shat on by many during it's run time. It's a normal thing. Legion was blasted due to AP grind and Legendary lottery ALONE. Don't let your tinker want distort the reality.
    Isn't Legion considered a better expansion than WoD, Cataclysm, BFA, and SL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Legion considered a better expansion than WoD, Cataclysm, BFA, and SL?
    At this current time yes, during Legion? Hell no AP Grind Legiondary complaints, the "Fel fatigue" became a thing(I can't say to the people I know personally felt that way but you get the idea).

Well that's what I mean; There's a difference between being hated on when it's currently running, and being hated on for all time. WotLK, MoP, and Legion are fondly remembered expansions.
    You are missing the point. People are chosing to ignore the bad things from the past. Nostalgia glasses and nostalgia chasing does that.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-14 at 04:26 PM.

Warrior-Magi