Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    Another crazy idea - nobody asked for - that I wanna share with you :

Elite classes. These are not Hero classes, they are hybrid classes that are not available to everyone.

To play an Elite class, you need to own at least two specific max-level classes already.

Examples :

To make a Battle Mage, you need one max-level warrior and one max-level mage.

To make a Priestess of the Moon, you need one max-level warrior (or hunter) and one max-level priest (or druid).

To make a Dark Ranger, you need one max-level hunter (or rogue) and one max-level death knight.

To make a Shadow Hunter, you need one max-level hunter (or rogue) and one max-level shaman (or priest or warlock).

To make a Spirit Walker, you need one max-level shaman (or monk) and one max-level death knight.

To make a Necromancer, you need one max-level warlock and one max-level death knight.

Etc.

Of course, those Elite classes will be available to some races only.

Those Elite classes will need achieving special quests, too.
    That would only make sense if one character could be multiple classes. Right now system like that would be nonsensical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Why would they think of new abilities when they can just take abilities from HotS?
    You don't use new abilities at all, you simply rehash old abilities with new names, like Arcane Charge. Bringing in abilities from HotS requires you to create new mechanics.

Also, those abilities are not the only ones with a level requirement, quite a lot have them.
    They're the only ones from HotS with level requirements AFAIK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    There are 2 way

1. Blizzard introduce a "Dragon" class with 4 specs and sets that any "Dragon" is half-dragon half-mortal or is like Worgen that can shapeshift from Dragon to the desired form (like chromie) which could be quite interesting and inclusive if you can decide to change your own "mortal" race when you feel it - according to your faction so no Tauren then Gnome.

2. New System like Covenants but way better not this hot garbage ion. The real issue would be that if you join the Red one and learn their signature spells you cant use the other ones, is like if Natsu Dragneel got trained by a fire drake and start using ice dragon magic

UNLESS

We introduce a wannabe dragon soul artifact later in 10.1 (no mid exp no end exp dumb dev monkeys) that gives you the ability to collect and use all the dragonflights power (by swapping like HoA essences) so you are a Red Dragonswarn Warrior but then decide to swap to Black Dragonswarn Warrior because you need to tank or there is something better for that kind of content.
    Honestly I would rather play as a Dragon hero-class than having another half-assed covenant system.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You don't use new abilities at all, you simply rehash old abilities with new names, like Arcane Charge. Bringing in abilities from HotS requires you to create new mechanics.
    Okay maybe it's because they wanted the Island Expedition enemy teams to have some mechanic that are a bit more involved than "It's a standard nuke"? The Tinker teams are not the only ones with a bit more exciting abilities.

They're the only ones from HotS with level requirements AFAIK.
    And how is that relevant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay maybe it's because they wanted the Island Expedition enemy teams to have some mechanic that are a bit more involved than "It's a standard nuke"? The Tinker teams are not the only ones with a bit more exciting abilities.
    Except it's multiple HotS abilities and multiple new mechanics, not just one. In fact, it's the entire active ability kit of HotS Gazlowe.

And how is that relevant?
    I've already explained how it's relevant multiple times.

Except it's multiple HotS abilities and multiple new mechanics, not just one. In fact, it's the entire active ability kit of HotS Gazlowe.

I've already explained how it's relevant multiple times.
    Yes, and it being just the kit of HotS Gazlowe just means it's more of a "Oh, we were just lazy and reused Tinker abilities from somewhere else".

Once again, I am genuinely asking you here if you think that they would just take the exact same abilities that the Island Expedition team NPCs have, and just add them to the spell book of the Tinker class. Because unless you genuinely think that, then the abilities having a level is in NO WAY relevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, this thread turned into a hot mess.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Well, this thread turned into a hot mess.
    Yeah since for some reason some players are very toxic at the thought of Tinkers. They gonna have a rough time soon.

At this rate I'd just rather someone at Blizzard put up "WoW 10.0 - Whats next" with a quick breakdown of whats coming, followed by "Just a taste, we'll talk all about it early February!"

So then, we'd have an idea, with enough of a tease to stop the speculating on whats coming, and a start of talking about the potential of whats teased.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Yeah since for some reason some players are very toxic at the thought of Tinkers. They gonna have a rough time soon.
    Don't get me wrong, it's obvious that Tinkers are gonna happen next, simply from a game design perspective. They fill the niche for another ranged class and another mail class, and they are really the only class from WC3 they can still add.

And while I sincerely hope they fix the pet AI before they add anything even closely related to pet tanking or healing, they will probably be fun, and I'll probably play one.

What I dislike is this idiotic ass-pulling and reaching. "Oh, those NPCs use an ability that Gazlowe in HOTS uses, therefore they confirmed Tinkers back then!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and it being just the kit of HotS Gazlowe just means it's more of a "Oh, we were just lazy and reused Tinker abilities from somewhere else".
    Again, in order to bring HotS abilities into WoW you have to create new mechanics that didn't previously exist in the game. In other words, you're translating abilities from a MOBA into a MMO. That's not being lazy. Lazy would be to take the Warrior's charge ability and add arcane damage to it, or even lazier would be to use existing WoW NPC and class abilities.

Once again, I am genuinely asking you here if you think that they would just take the exact same abilities that the Island Expedition team NPCs have, and just add them to the spell book of the Tinker class. Because unless you genuinely think that, then the abilities having a level is in NO WAY relevant.
    The abilities used by the IE teams come from the HotS Tinker, so yes they would use those abilities for a Tinker class. Just like they used HotS abilities for the Demon Hunter class, and they used WC3 abilities for Monks and Death Knights before HotS released in 2014. Since HotS' release, abilities from that game have also been used for a few other classes as well.

Again, in order to bring HotS abilities into WoW you have to create new mechanics that didn't previously exist in the game. In other words, you're translating abilities from a MOBA into a MMO. That's not being lazy. Lazy would be to take the Warrior's charge ability and add arcane damage to it, or even lazier would be to use existing WoW NPC and class abilities.

The abilities used by the IE teams come from the HotS Tinker, so yes they would use those abilities for a Tinker class. Just like they used HotS abilities for the Demon Hunter class, and they used WC3 abilities for Monks and Death Knights before HotS released in 2014. Since HotS' release, abilities from that game have also been used for a few other classes as well.
    I don't know if you are being dense on purpose.

They wanted to create Tinker-esque abilities. They didn't want to add "Charge with Arcane Damage". Why think of Tinker-esque abilities when you already have them? Gazlowes abilities are literally just "Turret", "Beam that does damage after a bit", "Bomb that stuns" and "AOE Pull". There's no "translating from a MOBA into an MMO" because all of those abilities existed before HOTS, in WoW. I mean, Xymoz in Nathria literally has three of those abilities. Is he a hint at the fact that Brokers will be added as a race than can be Tinkers?

And with the second point, you are being dense on purpose as well.

Unless they use the exact same spells (so the exact same SpellID) that the IE team use, then the argument that they are leveled is completely pointless. Why would they go through the trouble of making a (supposedly, I can't find anything about it) scaled and leveled spell that's meant for Tinkers and then not use it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Woah Woah, some people toxic about Tinker? ITS freaking you are toxic as Tinker fan-boy, this is why people pissed of about Tinkers, turds like you spewing shit over and over. Even if they adding space marine i don't care, but looking like fans of tinkers is people like you, its disgust me from "this cool yours idea".

The Tinker has priority over any other possible established class. Necro and DR should have been classes in SL, but they weren't.
    Exactly, some people are just salty at getting Tinker over Necro or DR, or some other stupid idea like warden or blade master lmao.
    My boy, you are bat-shit toxic just in same way like "T" person, thats why people think that you both are same toxic guy.

If you think that only your ideas is good and any idea from other people is stupid, you are king of stupid people.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-12-27 at 09:33 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if you are being dense on purpose.

They wanted to create Tinker-esque abilities. They didn't want to add "Charge with Arcane Damage". Why think of Tinker-esque abilities when you already have them? Gazlowes abilities are literally just "Turret", "Beam that does damage after a bit", "Bomb that stuns" and "AOE Pull". There's no "translating from a MOBA into an MMO" because all of those abilities existed before HOTS, in WoW. I mean, Xymoz in Nathria literally has three of those abilities. Is he a hint at the fact that Brokers will be added as a race than can be Tinkers?
    So why not use that NPC's abilities instead of translated HotS abilities? The abilities you're talking about have different mechanics than the translated HotS abilities. Further, why is the goal to make a Tinker instead of simply a generic tech-user? You're making my point for me.

And with the second point, you are being dense on purpose as well.

Unless they use the exact same spells (so the exact same SpellID) that the IE team use, then the argument that they are leveled is completely pointless. Why would they go through the trouble of making a (supposedly, I can't find anything about it) scaled and leveled spell that's meant for Tinkers and then not use it?
    Except they did use it, in BFA. The abilities were changed at the end of the expansion. For example, if you look at those abilities now in the current build, they no longer have the level requirements they did in BFA (still visible on the changelog though).

Here is the point; If Blizzard is creating a Tinker class, they would use those abilities from HotS to construct the class. Translating those abilities into WoW is just part of the process. They have done something similar with each expansion class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-27 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Woah Woah, some people toxic about Tinker? ITS freaking you are toxic as Tinker fan-boy, this is why people pissed of about Tinkers, turds like you spewing shit over and over. Even if they adding space marine i don't care, but looking like fans of tinkers is people like you, its disgust me from "this cool yours idea".

My boy, you are bat-shit toxic just in same way like "T" person, thats why people think that you both are same toxic guy.

If you think that only your ideas is good and any idea from other people is stupid, you are king of stupid people.

Damn my dude, chill out! See what I mean? Pure toxicity. SMH.

I'm blunt cuz I got logic and reasoning and a overall better understanding of warcraft than most people. If thats toxic then oh well for you hehe.

Like come on anything other than DR, Necro, Tinker and Dragonsworn is ridiculous as a class. And since SL didnt have Necro or DR and dragonsworn will most like be Covenants 2.0, well there you go. Pure common sense even.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, in order to bring HotS abilities into WoW you have to create new mechanics that didn't previously exist in the game.
    Eh... which ones exactly?

Because looking at the greasemonkeys abilities on wowhead, none of the abilities they use have any sort of new mechanics.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by CopyX1982 View Post
    At this rate I'd just rather someone at Blizzard put up "WoW 10.0 - Whats next" with a quick breakdown of whats coming, followed by "Just a taste, we'll talk all about it early February!"

So then, we'd have an idea, with enough of a tease to stop the speculating on whats coming, and a start of talking about the potential of whats teased.
    I doubt we are getting anything until 9.2 is already out, at best once the patch has a firm release date, and more likely not before the Jailer is available on Mythic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Eh... which ones exactly?

Because looking at the greasemonkeys abilities on wowhead, none of the abilities they use have any sort of new mechanics.
    Xplodium Charge, Deth Lazor, Grav-O-Bomb, and Rock-it turret.

Can you list some abilities that have similar mechanics?

Xplodium Charge, Deth Lazor, Grav-O-Bomb, and Rock-it turret.

Can you list some abilities that have similar mechanics?
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=212431/explosive-shot

https://www.wowhead.com/item=124229/...the?bonus=1801

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=202138/sigil-of-chains

https://www.wowhead.com/item=114744/...rret-dispenser

????

10+ Year Old Account

There's no need to break down every single thing here. I'll just point out one example to show how inaccurate this comparison is;

Xplodium Charge
    35 yd range
    1 sec cast 6 sec cooldown
    Throw a bomb at the target area which will explode after 3 sec dealing Fire Damage and stun targets for 2 sec.

Explosive Shot
    Talent
    20 Focus 40 yd range
    Fires an explosive shot at your target. After 3 sec, the shot will explode, dealing Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards. Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.

Parabola versus straight line. Targeted ground versus target. Stun vs no stun. Not the same mechanic.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-27 at 10:11 PM.