Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    When you read the Report with understanding, they are setting up a 7th Force, wich is part of our Cosmos, thats why this additional Force is counted as 7.
    Sounds to me more like Firim is simply uncertain of how many there are, which is in keeping with his character. He knows he doesn't know everything.

The one outside is definite, though unclear in its nature.

I would find it to be quite a funny twist if Azeroth reveals herself as a being of this outside force

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I would find it to be quite a funny twist if Azeroth reveals herself as a being of this outside force
    I mean, that is the obvious outcome given the way Firim talks about the seventh force.

Something both of, and apart from the cosmic 6. Something containing all others, but which also opposes them.
    Both a seventh force, and one to which all the six others are opposite, like a coin with six forces one one side and the seventh on the other.

And of course the name.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, that is the obvious outcome given the way Firim talks about the seventh force.

Something both of, and apart from the cosmic 6. Something containing all others, but which also opposes them.
    Both a seventh force, and one to which all the six others are opposite, like a coin with six forces one one side and the seventh on the other.

And of course the name.
    At this rate, it'll turn out to be mortality or something.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sounds to me more like Firim is simply uncertain of how many there are, which is in keeping with his character. He knows he doesn't know everything.

The one outside is definite, though unclear in its nature.
    Firim is just a tool for Blizz, adding and expanding possible new Players.

I made the following picture what shows how things are in place when Blizz is following the Report.

And of course the name.
    what about the name? oO'

The seventh force won't be Azeroth, the way its spoken of points to it being malevolent.

Remember the little statuette from Korthia, talking about how the seventh desires for what the six hold onto. The Jailer's whole "cosmos divided cannot withstand what is to come" points to it too. Plus I mean he was drawing from Azeroth at the time. He knows, seemingly, what is coming. If Azeroth was this seventh force, he would've just pointed at it/her instead.

Man, I'm jonesing for another leak. Such a big serving a few days ago really whet my appetite...

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    what about the name? oO'
    Azeroth, which sounds similar to Zereth.
    It's not in-game, but there was the Shadowlands lore book that was released a good while back that pontificated on whether Zereth meant cornerstone or keystone. As in, where the zereths created first or last, and if Azeroth was similarly a Zereth like Zereth Mortis and the others.
    Or indeed if the six cosmic ones were created first as cornerstones (since Zereth Mortis is the foundation of the Shadowlands) and Azeroth was created last as the keystone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Any chance for a build today?
    Didn't we get one yesterday?

Formerly known as Arafal

I really hope they don't do something as stupid as Azeroth = A zereth

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The seventh force won't be Azeroth, the way its spoken of points to it being malevolent.

Remember the little statuette from Korthia, talking about how the seventh desires for what the six hold onto. The Jailer's whole "cosmos divided cannot withstand what is to come" points to it too. Plus I mean he was drawing from Azeroth at the time. He knows, seemingly, what is coming. If Azeroth was this seventh force, he would've just pointed at it/her instead.
    Azerite is just one part of "reality", which is the big theme with Firims journal.
    He spends ages researching the Shadowlands and constantly seems confused by reality since it just seems like a meaningless bit of busywork between life and death, or light and void and similar.
    At the end he has this grand revelation that seems to imply he realized that reality isn't a curious byproduct of the six cosmic forces, but rather might have been the intended result. A conflux of many different forces coming together to form one whole.

There was this whole book that I mentioned where a big deal was made of Azeroth and it's link to the Zereths. Which is what confused Firim since he assumed reality to be insignificant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We did, the tiniest and most insignificant of builds. Think it only added some mechanics associated with Season 4 raids.

I don't think it's unthinkable that Blizzard is holding back on the PTR revelations until the 10.0 announcement. Especially since this will likely also have more info on 9.2.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I really hope they don't do something as stupid as Azeroth = A zereth
    They have already all but stated it in the Shadowlands lore book, so might be too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I seriously doubt about revamp now. Imo it would be only landmass of expac and I can't imagine Dragonflight without Dragon Isles as full continent.

Unless whole revamp will be just changing textures and models without touching quests. In that case sure why not.
    Revamping assets & quests but not the geography would already mean a revamp that takes way less time than Cataclysm: Also they already have multiple versions of entire zones in the game, so unlike Cata, a new old world revamp wouldn't get rid of the cataclsym era versions of zones. It would be more like phasing.

It would be more impactful if they didn't create new leveling zones, instead you come back from Shadowlands to see how the world has changed: Make the new Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms the 60-70 content. The game is just begging for the world to actually show the huge changes that happened between Cata & Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yeah, the size of my pinky

It's not in-game, but there was the Shadowlands lore book that was released a good while back that pontificated on whether Zereth meant cornerstone or keystone. As in, where the zereths created first or last, and if Azeroth was similarly a Zereth like Zereth Mortis and the others.
    Or indeed if the six cosmic ones were created first as cornerstones (since Zereth Mortis is the foundation of the Shadowlands) and Azeroth was created last as the keystone.
    fun things I've completely missed. I didn't even acknowledged before that Azeroth is closed to zereth, I guess because in french they pronounce it "zeress", just like korthia is pronounced "korsiah" while Azeroth is pronounced Azerote

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    This is a nice throwback to all those theories about Azeroth being an old god or corrupted Titan by the time she wakes up

Because all of the old gods name wise are very close to Lovecraft.
    C’thun: Cthulhu
    Yogg’Saron: Yog’sathoth
    N’zoth: Zoth-ommog (and Nyarlathotep with Nyalotha)

Etc.

But then we have Azeroth
    Which sounds a lot like Azathoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I saw this on reddit the other day, apparently Blizzard has a job posting for a Warcraft Associate Lore Historian. Good sign I suppose?

Azerite is just one part of "reality", which is the big theme with Firims journal.
    He spends ages researching the Shadowlands and constantly seems confused by reality since it just seems like a meaningless bit of busywork between life and death, or light and void and similar.
    At the end he has this grand revelation that seems to imply he realized that reality isn't a curious byproduct of the six cosmic forces, but rather might have been the intended result. A conflux of many different forces coming together to form one whole.

There was this whole book that I mentioned where a big deal was made of Azeroth and it's link to the Zereths. Which is what confused Firim since he assumed reality to be insignificant.
    I still think the seventh force isn't Azeroth. Its something malevolent coming for the other forces, hence why the Jailer did what he did.

But maybe there's an eighth thing out there like some think too.

If you're trying to suggest some sort of connection between Azeroth & the Zareths you'd have to explain why the First Ones & their automa ignored Azeroth for 99% of the cosmic universe's timeline. You'd think they might give a shit that Old Gods ruled it for a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Which sounds a lot like Azathoth
    The being which all of reality exists in their dream. "Reality's End"... attacks Azeroth. Checks out.