Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean we also are assuming that the Warcraft Mobile Games still are not shippable in 2022 and that they won't be presented during the Warcraft Livestream for 10.0.

They have such an easy win with Azeroth that not going just simple Azeroth which was always what 10.0 was claimed to be by everyone in the community comes off as completely braindead.
    Good point on the mobile games. But yeah, they actually probably well just do a big Warcraft stream that is both the new expac and those games to get big investor checks.

Azeroth is almost 99.99% guaranteed based on what has been said in interviews, it's whether or not its a Cata 2 revamp type thing that is the big gamble.

Considering the Shadowlands leveling campaign is almost completely irrelevant to World of Warcraft for beginners that is another point on my board for a leveling revamp. There is no reason to force players to play Shadowlands after the expansion has concluded because the plot is not tied to anything in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Northrend is a strong option for an alternate Shadowlands.
    You can have essentially all the same story beats, just without undermining the concept of death or contradicting previous info on the Shadowlands.

The concept of Ardenweald could be tied to the Emerald dream. Maybe we see Forsworn, but never Kyrians, meaning we don't end up with questions on how it's supposed to actually work in regards to Oribos. Maldraxxus is essentially pointless in regards to the overall story, and Revendreth is only interesting because of the Dreadlords.

Nothing in the actual Shadowlands except Torghast is actually required to tell the overall story of the Shadowlands. If the aesthetics of the Shadowlands is needed to tell the story then you could have the Shadowlands invade us rather than the other way around.
    Why would you want to have LESS content than we already got? You basically want to turn Shadowlands into another Nazjatar/Argus/Emerald Nightmare/Nyalotha patch .... I really don't get it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why would you want to have LESS content than we already got? You basically want to turn Shadowlands into another Nazjatar/Argus/Emerald Nightmare/Nyalotha patch .... I really don't get it.
    Because Shadowlands is "new stuff" so it doesn't deserve to be bigger than Naz/Argus/Nyalotha which is "old stuff" which means it automatically is more deserving of being larger. Basically it should be small because its new and ED should get a big expansion because its old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Because sometimes less is more.
    Yes, we would have missed out on ome good visuals, but we would also have a stronger connection to the world we are made to inhabit. Shadowlands isnt like Zandalar or Kul Tiras, there isnt any firm preexisting lore for players to really get invested in to begin with, it has to start from the ground up, which isnt exactly the strong suit of WoW.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because sometimes less is more.
    Yes, we would have missed out on ome good visuals, but we would also have a stronger connection to the world we are made to inhabit. Shadowlands isnt like Zandalar or Kul Tiras, there isnt any firm preexisting lore for players to really get invested in to begin with, it has to start from the ground up, which isnt exactly the strong suit of WoW.
    Eventually we have to move onto original stuff we can't just stay in areas we're all used to forever. This vague connection you are talking about seems like its something you have issue with more then anyone else and this isn't me being mean. Having new complete stuff in WoW is a good thing and it is certainly the least of Shadowlands problems.

Just going back to Northrend would of been controversial and we would never hear the end of "BLIZZ RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS11111"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Considering that literally all lore post-Sargeras and N'zoth is now an asspull
    Already the premise of your post is wrong.

Any post-BfA lore involving the Ren'dorei and/or Quel'Thalas would be the exact opposite of an asspull since it would have flawlessly been set-up. It just so happens that the Janitor has no set-up and thus he and all that is related to him is indeed an asspull.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ???? No?

The Bolvar picture literally leaked with the name "Shadowlands".
    Prove it, not taking your word for it. I don't remember this at all.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Bolvar was "our ally" in Legion only because the Legion threatened the entire world, Scourge included, and the Scourge and the Legion have often been enemies. Bolvar wasn't a good guy in Legion, go play that quest where you slaughter red dragons, he was far from a good guy.
    I agree that his actions were ominous. And since the Jailer was unknown at the time, we couldn't think of someone else.

If anything this Bolvar that appears in Shadowlands is a pussy compared to what he did in Legion. And naturally a picture of "Bolvar" by itself doesn't hint at "Shadowlands". In fact, before all the asspulls and retcons of Shadowlands, the Lich King and the Shadowlands did not have a lot of connections. Like at all. If anything the Shadowlands had more connections with the Light (see the Naruu taking souls away) and the Void (described as an endless Void in the Sylvanas short story).
    Have you done the Death Knight starting zone? You are sent to the Shadowlands to retrieve a Deathcharger. There's no doubt what this realm was associated with.

Bolvar was our ally sure, but it was very heavily foreshadowed that Bolvar was slowly turning into a new lich king, and that us helping him in Legion was actually going to bite us in the ass later when he asserted control over the death knights.

Whether the expansion would be us trying to save him or not was difficult to say, but until the Shadowlands trailer it was very much believed we would have to fight him at some point.
    Okay. Since we didn't know about the Jailer back then, it kinda makes sense. But, Northrend again? What could have they done with it?

Because Shadowlands is "new stuff" so it doesn't deserve to be bigger than Naz/Argus/Nyalotha which is "old stuff" which means it automatically is more deserving of being larger. Basically it should be small because its new and ED should get a big expansion because its old.
    What?
    Shadowlands isn't new. And neither were the other stuff. Naz'jatar appeared in the RPG.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51763501

took 10 sec of search to find it...

Any post-BfA lore involving the Ren'dorei and/or Quel'Thalas would be the exact opposite of an asspull since it would have flawlessly been set-up. It just so happens that the Janitor has no set-up and thus he and all that is related to him is indeed an asspull.

I remember it, I was there, and btw anyone and their mothers thought Blue-Bolvar was a fake

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...erwatch-2-Leak

Edit: please let's take a moment to remember those who looked up every single mace in games to prove the pic was photoshopped

Looks like the devs are back on (they worked a fix for the DMF, it will now start next week for this month only before resetting back to normal) but there's no communication. Gag order until a certain date?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I agree that his actions were ominous. And since the Jailer was unknown at the time, we couldn't think of someone else.

Have you done the Death Knight starting zone? You are sent to the Shadowlands to retrieve a Deathcharger. There's no doubt what this realm was associated with.

Okay. Since we didn't know about the Jailer back then, it kinda makes sense. But, Northrend again? What could have they done with it?

What?
    Shadowlands isn't new. And neither were the other stuff. Naz'jatar appeared in the RPG.
    And the Shadowlands was just a ghostly version of Azeroth, thanks for proving my point, your input is noted and appreciated if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    I remember it, I was there, and btw anyone and their mothers thought Blue-Bolvar was a fake

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...erwatch-2-Leak

Edit: please let's take a moment to remember those who looked up every single mace in games to prove the pic was photoshopped
    Yes, and I distinctly remember that most people, while believing that the Bolvar pic was legit, immediately dismissed the "Bastion" pic as fake.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-03 at 08:44 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lol, Ghost of Christmas Past.
    That's Jacob Marley. Mildly deliberate.

Blizz devs back at work? Good, get 9.2 out so we can get 10.0 news.

Define "flawlessly". Crime and Punishment is "flawless". Anthony Trollope is "flawless". Describe your definition of flawless in the context of Warcraft lore.

- - - Updated - - -

There is so little in terms of 2022 releases that I would be shocked if they don't rush out Overwatch 2 this year and go back on what they said. Blizzard has nothing but Immortal and 10.0.

EDIT: THat is actually another point towards 10.0 being huge: they know it is, that's why they thought they could afford to delay the other games.
    Or Blizzard is simply gradually eroding as customer interest fades under the weight of the lawsuits and, now, a gradual lack of novelty for everything they've done. They received a sudden and abrupt burst of popularity with a new IP with Overwatch, and that was the last time they really made many waves. It is unlikely that they can salvage much of this. I feel believing otherwise to be a cope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    Blizz devs back at work? Good, get 9.2 out so we can get 10.0 news.
    The time in which 10.0 news arrives will not be impacted by Blizzard devs.

Blizzard is dying, can’t be salvaged and you’re a shill coper if you disagree.

PEAK MMOC posting right there!

I never said "shill". I'm saying that they are unable to salvage customer interest. When I said Blizzard is eroding, I meant in relevance (which it has been for some time).

And the Shadowlands was just a ghostly version of Azeroth, thanks for proving my point, your input is noted and appreciated if anything.
    I know that. And look at what they managed to come up with. So anyone who think they couldn't do anything with the Emerald Dream is clearly not following what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we stop using "Cope" as some tactic to basically "DISAGREE AND ITS COPE"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Can we stop using "Cope" as some tactic to basically "DISAGREE AND ITS COPE"
    Yes, and people won’t, it’s essentially a “fuck you if you disagree retard” coded so they can’t get an infraction.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2022-01-03 at 09:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

I mean, you literally created a thread yesterday with this:

Now that Blizzard has been forever tainted by the sex scandals, and Bobby Kotick has been unable to be removed by anyone (the one thing that could convince the public that anything will be different), is Blizzard effectively dead now? Its no longer “ok” to be playing their games.

Even if they release a very good expansion people will still take you over the coals for supporting them, so its not safe to do publicly.
    You playing both sides or were you just bored?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.