Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well then let us rephrase that: In all expansions except WoD, the next expansion is revealed before the last raid opens. (BFA was announced in November, Antorus opened in December)
    But aren't we in the same circumstances? Couldn't we expect WoD's version of the pattern to apply here, since this is an outlier?

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    While we're having downtime what are you guys's thoughts on this:

Jailor VO ID=4396594
    Jailer VO ID=4396596
    Jailer VO ID=4396598

Zovaals' death sounds sound like his soul is sucked out. Not much else to add. These files were added in the previous PTR Build.

Sounds like First One tongue or Void tongue but IDK. Could be anything.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    But aren't we in the same circumstances? Couldn't we expect WoD's version of the pattern to apply here, since this is an outlier?
    But it's not. If anything it shows us theiir priority is Expansion releases, not patch schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

Jailor VO ID=4396594
    Jailer VO ID=4396596
    Jailer VO ID=4396598

Zovaals' death sounds sound like his soul is sucked out. Not much else to add. These files were added in the previous PTR Build.

Imagine how great it would be if the TRUE Master of Death in WoW showed up to suck his soul out and eat it. Shur'nab, shur'nab!

That was posted here as a joke.
    *something about going in circles*

Imagine how great it would be if the TRUE Master of Death in WoW showed up to suck his soul out and eat it. Shur'nab, shur'nab!
    Old God fans are odd

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Old God fans are odd
    The singular First One fan is even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

Jailor VO ID=4396594
    Jailer VO ID=4396596
    Jailer VO ID=4396598

Void is equal to everyone else rn. It’s prolly his essence being drained tbh since his corpse is an unmade vessel. Creation stems and requires the song of reality to stay around. The thing that gets me is if the First zones bound them, or if they made all of them but one of the forces needs a separate song to keep it from going haywire, which is my assumption. It doesn’t NEED to be a First One btw, but a force that the First Ones proved too dangerous for the song of creation that they silences it with another. That force likely doesn’t have a center and is likely akin to something that is beyond all things and beyond nothingness, akin to the progenitors but not ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

Like if the Overvoid deemed it a flaw in the perfect design and wrote in a narrative to keep it from consuming all the others

10+ Year Old Account
    He's dead, jim.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    I think at one time it was true people would come back after an expansion announcement, but i believe that’s less true now. Their ability to retain players for extended periods of time has gone down over the years. If anything I think the reason they stopped announcing the expansion and the final patch together is so they could hype both individually more and hopefully both times the hype brings players back in. In the past they just didn’t need to do it, they’d hype future content, people would come back, and they’d retain them until the expansion dropped.
    This is honestly sad to read. I know i’ll stop checking on updates altogether if this announcement is underwhelming like BfA’s. This echoes of other games I checked on with fear of hearing they are shutting down.

Void is equal to everyone else rn. It’s prolly his essence being drained tbh since his corpse is an unmade vessel. Creation stems and requires the song of reality to stay around. The thing that gets me is if the First zones bound them, or if they made all of them but one of the forces needs a separate song to keep it from going haywire, which is my assumption. It doesn’t NEED to be a First One btw, but a force that the First Ones proved too dangerous for the song of creation that they silences it with another. That force likely doesn’t have a center and is likely akin to something that is beyond all things and beyond nothingness, akin to the progenitors but not ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

Like if the Overvoid deemed it a flaw in the perfect design and wrote in a narrative to keep it from consuming all the others
    The issue is the lack of actual profundity in that idea. It's conceptually interesting to have an idea "beyond all things" and "beyond nothingness"—the issue is that we're dealing with a villain that is supposedly beyond all these things but also would have to become loot pinatas nevertheless. WoW is not well-suited to profundity, and lack of definition precludes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's dead, jim.
    Didn't we hear him active in Ulduar in Legion? Nevertheless, I was mostly just joking about how underwhelming a villain Zovaal is and how I'd take literally any other villain over him.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-01-26 at 05:25 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    There's no news until Tuesday when they announce the stream for the week after. It's over, we've lost. Now we wait patiently for Daddy Ybarra to bring a set of new gifts next week.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    30 mins to go before the first potential news drop of the day. ������
    It's very unlikely we'll get more news this week.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The singular First One fan is even moreso.
    ...Firim isn't weird.

Ybarra already said wow news is in the "coming weeks", so nothing this week.

The issue is the lack of actual profundity in that idea. It's conceptually interesting to have an idea "beyond all things" and "beyond nothingness"—the issue is that we're dealing with a villain that is supposedly beyond all these things but also would have to become loot pinatas nevertheless. WoW is not well-suited to profundity, and lack of definition precludes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't we hear him active in Ulduar in Legion? Nevertheless, I was mostly just joking about how underwhelming a villain Zovaal is and how I'd take literally any other villain over him.
    It's not lacking at all. 9.2 gives us further insight of it all, same with the Cypher lore codex's. Firim literally says he thought DEATH's Pantheon to be above the other Cosmic Lords, but they are basically JUST AS limited, meaning Pantheon of Death = others in terms of balance and ability. They just hold different ordeals and gifts that separate each other from the offer, making them share conflicting views, opposing ideals, etc for what is dominant. It's why Reality was forged, and why the Song of Creation exists. My wonder if wtf the 7th power is, since that has a separate song on its own...not of the Maker's design.

It's not lacking at all. 9.2 gives us further insight of it all, same with the Cypher lore codex's. Firim literally says he thought DEATH's Pantheon to be above the other Cosmic Lords, but they are basically JUST AS limited, meaning Pantheon of Death = others in terms of balance and ability. They just hold different ordeals and gifts that separate each other from the offer, making them share conflicting views, opposing ideals, etc for what is dominant. It's why Reality was forged, and why the Song of Creation exists. My wonder if wtf the 7th power is, since that has a separate song on its own...not of the Maker's design.
    Yes. Precisely. There is no possibility of the seventh power being particularly profound or interesting since every potentially-harmful concept is taken by the other Cosmic Forces, including the abstract ones. The only possibility is something very much unrecognizable, which would be, to put it bluntly, not very easy for developers as frankly lacking in profundity as WoW's writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm not sure I'm 100% sold, but I'm definitely leaning towards that being legit. It ticks all the boxes.
    What boxes?

If that justifies a technology-based class, so be it. However, like I've asked multiple times; If someone can come up with an all-encompassing theme that matches up with dragons and the old gods as well as titan tech does, I'm all ears.
    Who said we have to follow your pattern?
    I say a Dragon expansion would have elementals, Void, Life and Perhaps First Ones\Titans.

It was the titans who empowered the dragons, and it is titan technology that imprisoned the old gods. It was titan tech we turned to so that we could heal Azeroth, which appears to be breaking in that logo up top. I find it weird that suddenly we're acting like titan technology doesn't fit.
    You ramble about titan technology, yet forget that the Tinker is largely based on Goblin\Gnome tech.

I don't find it difficult to guess at all. Something metallic and constructed that lines up with dragons and old gods = Titan technology.
    That's the most random conclusion.

You should also remind everyone who created the Dragonflights.
    Someone should remind you what the Tinker is based on.

Titan technology to imprison the old gods, and them empowering the dragons was all an effort to prevent the old gods from corrupting Azeroth, the sleeping Titan.
    Titan technology would be Mimiron's. Did he imprison the Old Gods?

No, Dragon title, and Old God/Void background makes the metallic/tech border Titan, because Titan is the only thing metallic/tech that lines up with the Dragon and Old God themes.
    There's nothing tech about that logo.
    And you have to show how it's titan metallic before claiming so.

If you compare the border's overall design to previous logos, it looks extremely sleek, streamlined, and metallic. The border and WoW letters are so metallic that they actually reflect elements from the background. That's a hallmark of technology. You're free not to see it, but it's there, and rather obvious.
    That has nothing to do with tech. Until you provide a good, based explanation, it is nothing but wishful thinking.

Yeah, a design meant to represent a theme; Titan technology.
    You need to back up your ramblings, not just state it.

We're not talking about technology in of itself. We're talking about the border of the logo and what its shapes and overall appearance represent in the game and the lore.
    Which is nothing, currently. Because you haven't provided any evidence.

An earlier poster said that it reminded them of Naaru technology, so no I'm not applying some massive bias. I'm looking at a logo of a game whose story revolves around dragons, has a twilight background, a planet breaking open, and streamlined metal going around it. Each portion of that image clearly represents something related back to the story, which (once again) revolves around dragons.
    You're applying huge biases. Seeing tech where it doesn't exist. You're looking at the different elements and thinking to yourself: "how can i shove the tinker into that?". And voila! You come up with some absurd reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, not Naaru "technology".
    It's made up of the same general curved point and notched shapes as the fragments of Naaru themselves.

At least you provide evidence. Not that i believe it's Naaru. That guy doesn't even bother to try and prove his claims.

That's quite a stretch.
    That's a stretch? And you seeing something that isn't there isn't?

This is why I'm saying the border is titan and not Naaru or Elune or whatever. The expansion should stick to Azeroth and only Azeroth. I can understand some Voidwings or Twilight Drakes, but we shouldn't be dealing with the full-on Voidlords, or the Naaru at this point. I'd personally like to see Wrathion turn evil, not because of any corruption, but because he simply feels that the alliance and horde can't get the job done, and he creates a new flight of extremely powerful dragons. In that scenario, I could see him resurrecting Galakrond and attempting to control him.
    Here it is. Your fanfic. Now we know where it comes from.

Again, Old Gods corrupted Dragons, Old Gods are part of the Void, Old Gods are a direct threat to Azeroth which is corrupted and breaking apart in the logo. Old Gods tick all of the boxes.
    These are not tentacles there, but starlight-dotted space.

Like Twilight, which is a semi-dark sky filled with stars just like that background, and could also refer to the Twilight Dragonflight, Twilight's Hammer, and the Hour of Twilight? All of which are Old Gods related.
    Or Void elves, Void Lords and other cosmic stuff.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-01-26 at 05:53 PM.

Yes. Precisely. There is no possibility of the seventh power being particularly profound or interesting since every potentially-harmful concept is taken by the other Cosmic Forces, including the abstract ones. The only possibility is something very much unrecognizable, which would be, to put it bluntly, not very easy for developers as frankly lacking in profundity as WoW's writers.
    ...Why not? The Jailer apparently shattered a part of the pattern, prolly as a result of him literally slamming Azeroth to the fucking ground and tryna dominate the other Hearts of each Cosmic Force using Domination + Azeroth's own Titanic power...

And from it, Firim fucking fears that something can leak in and absolutely make that CRACK within it further by that 1 force applying relentless pressure, that in itself doesn't have to mean the other 5 or even Death once more could try and take that advantage, per say. Just that something that may be the 7th could try and consume all, even Shadow/Void. But first...

We gotta restore the Balance, hence why 10.0 may be smaller, and COULD give us the Dragon Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Why not? The Jailer apparently shattered a part of the pattern, prolly as a result of him literally slamming Azeroth to the fucking ground and tryna dominate the other Hearts of each Cosmic Force using Domination + Azeroth's own Titanic power...

And from it, Firim fucking fears that something can leak in and absolutely make that CRACK within it further by that 1 force applying relentless pressure, that in itself doesn't have to mean the other 5 or even Death once more could try and take that advantage, per say. Just that something that may be the 7th could try and consume all, even Shadow/Void. But first...

We gotta restore the Balance, hence why 10.0 may be smaller, and COULD give us the Dragon Isles.
    No, 10.0 doesn't need to be small.

When has Warcraft ever acted super deep and shakespearian(I know you didn't say that but your wording expresses otherwise).

TLDR: The game isn't going to be super artsy fartsy about its narrative and such.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-01-26 at 06:07 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi