10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon should be a race and at the same time a class, a race who can just be the hero class dragon related
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I think you could just do more with a Dragon class than a Dragon race. A Dragon class could be every race to shift into their humanoid form and they could have them transform into a dragon mid combat and do cool abilities etc. A dragon race would just be a drakonid or something with a bow or sword.
    Or alternatively a dragon that can transform into any playable race, as indeed someone "leaked" a good while back.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    lol at the mrgm video about Empire of Dragons, saying at the starts its not an MMO-C or 4chan leak while the first confirmed trace of the leak is from MMOC (we can't confirm the "from a discord server" parts)
    "I found this on a Discord."

"Cool can I see the server?"

"No."

"Dang it must be true!"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The magical chains would also be considered Titan tech.
    So, titan magic is titan tech? Got you.

No, because a Blademaster class is never going to happen. We already have a Warrior class.

You wanted a MoP-like expansion, so expect an MoP-like class.

Engineering isn't a class. There is a difference between classes and professions.
    That's how it was chosen to be depicted in-game.

The lore of the Blademaster is that they're so quick that they appear invisible, or appear to be at more places at once.
    That's the lore of a specific ability, Windwalk.

That said, two abilities is not enough to build a three-spec class around.
    There are more than that. Check out HotS' Samuro.

Other classes eat up whatever other concepts you could develop for it. Such a concept would be more shallow than the Demon Hunter class concept, which was so shallow they could barely come up with two specializations for it.
    It still came, didn't it?
    Such a class could definitely DPS and Tank. Healing is possible if they elaborate on the mystic part.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    On top of that, there's orc blademasters in org who are warrior trainers.
    Oh, you mean this?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bla...onakada#Trivia
    "He may be a reference to Ron Nakada, former Blizzard Senior Engineer."
    Yeah, nothing more than a tribute.

There's ever Dark Rangers who are hunter trainers.
    Could you point me to it?
    It's funny, because class trainers are no longer relevant since Cataclysm.

Let them inhale their copium all they want with their wishful thinking, well be having Tinkers very soon.
    Is that so? Can i get a proof for that?

It's four abilities alongside weapons, thematics, and purpose. In the case of BMs, the purpose and thematics are already consumed by other classes, and unlike Metamorphosis, Bladestorm fits in the Warrior class just fine.
    You mean, just like Mana Burn, Immolate and Evasion?
    Metamorphosis fitted in the Warlock.

For example, Blademasters are masters of 2H weapons, and so are Arms Warriors, which is why the latter has Bladestorm.
    It says they are masters of weapons, not necessarily 2H:
    "Blademasters, also known as blade masters, are legendary orc warriors of the Burning Blade clan, known for their mastery over swords, axes and polearms."

That's why Ankoan Blademasters dual-wield:
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...an-inowari.jpg

So right off the bat a huge part of their purpose is eaten up by another class.
    One ability, that's all. Just like Metamorphosis, Mana Burn, Evasion, Immolate and Death Coil.

What about speed and invisibility? We have Rogues and Demon Hunters that take up that aspect, and Rogues can even turn invisible and produce Shadow Clones
    Speed is not reserved for 2 classes only, and none of them use invisibility. Mirror images are not Shadow clones.

so what unique gameplay concept is this class bringing to the table? Can we develop even 2 specializations from such a concept?
    That of the Samurai, which you lack in game.
    Yes, you can. DPS and Tanking.

I'm going to say no.
    That's because you're not familiar with any class other than the Tinker.

So at best, all we're doing is creating an Orc version of the Demon Hunter class;
    There's nothing specifically Orcish about the class.
    The only resemblance would be the japanese vibes.

a 2-spec melee DPS/Tank class that is far more boring than Demon Hunters and doesn't even have something cool like Metamorphosis to base around. Seriously, why not just play an Orc Rogue?
    How can you determine it will be boring if you haven't even played it?
    Orc Rogues are nothing but Assassins. Not Samurais.

Also who's asking for it exactly? I'm sure if you conduct a poll, desire for Blademasters would be in the single digits.
    Not a criteria, but Blizzard's addition pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Dark Ranger is basically just a Hunter with some shadow abilities (and maybe zombie pets)
    And Rogue. The zombie part has been discarded.

so it's more of a spec than a full class.
    You're right about that. It's a spec within a new class.

Blademaster should be a Warrior spec and I argued that Arms be reimagined in that direction before because Arms and Fury basically have the same theme right now and need better distinction.
    No. Arms should be reserved for something like the Tauren Chieftain, big and strong hits. The Blademaster should stand on its own.

I think Goblin, Vulpera, Gnome, Mechagnoe, Draenei, LF Draenei, Blood Elves, and Nightborne (they have artificers like Draenei) would be the way to go.
    You forget Dwarves, who are already listed as Tinkers. Perhaps Worgen (if they go with victorian steampunk), Dark Iron Dwarves, Orcs (who already piloted mechs in siege of Orgrimar), Forsaken (who use machinary for their death alchemism) and Mag'har (who borrowed tech from the Goblins).

Dude, that's literally what the Dragonsworn in the TTRPG do. They serve the dragonflights and in exchange the flights give them dragon powers. If you make them angry, they take your powers away, because they own you. You're essentially a servant/slave of a dragon.

Again, what sounds better as a class? Being a servant of Wrathion and getting some hand-me-down abilities, or being like Wrathion and having his abilities?
    It doesn't matter what you think is better, such a class doesn't exist in lore.
    And, besides, every class added is similar to its Hero representative, but never fully equal.

If you ask me what actual classes could still be in the game, and I think they could conceivably go up to 15 max, I would say it would be Tinker, Spellbreaker, and Necromancer.

Mail, Plate, Cloth classes respectively.

Also, this been posted yet? Just for fun:

Last edited by Edward Wu; 2022-01-28 at 12:15 AM.

1+ Year Old Account
    I saw this one on reddit last week I think

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    If you ask me what actual classes could still be in the game, and I think they could conceivably go up to 15 max, I would say it would be Tinker, Spellbreaker, and Necromancer.

The 4 flying zones shouldn't have water borders. Ignoring that nitpick, I really love that map

Edit: Actually, even the Outland map seems to have that border around the continent now, so ignore my crap.
    Last edited by bruxx; 2022-01-28 at 12:28 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For what looks like a mix of air and land zones I think that map needs more definition of what's air and what's land.

This looks like a WoD/Legion-era map, it should probably look more like the Shadowlands map.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That looks amazing.What really is interesting though is that the water seems to just fall off the continent and the sides of the land are extremely cliff-focused unlike current maps. It also has clouds as if they were underneath the isles. Then it hit me: What if the Dragon Isles aren't on the actual ocean? What if they are in the sky floating and the dragons fly to them? The one exception is Skjaldir which maybe could be the intro zone to launch ourselves further up the isles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn that map looks sweet. If they added a continent like that I could see flying finally being available in the first patch. Also the zones at least to me seem quite large which is always a good.

I miss when the had open expanses (was it last in WoD we saw this?)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Then it hit me: What if the Dragon Isles aren't on the actual ocean? What if they are in the sky floating and the dragons fly to them?
    Yes, this is a long-standing fan theory.

Damn that map looks sweet. If they added a continent like that I could see flying finally being available in the first patch. Also the zones at least to me seem quite large which is always a good.

I miss when the had open expanses (was it last in WoD we saw this?)
    Vol'dun and Stormsong last expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    So, titan magic is titan tech? Got you.
    The proper term is "Magitech". We see it with the Naaru as well.

You wanted a MoP-like expansion, so expect an MoP-like class.
    I would expect the final class in WoW being based on the final two WC3 heroes (both Goblins) whose abilities are completely absent from the class lineup.

That's how it was chosen to be depicted in-game.
    Incorrect. The professions are based on WC3's item system, not the hero units. The hero units have all been absorbed into the class lineup save for two, which indicates that they're being reserved for a WoW class at some point. If they were supposed to be depicted in the professions, their attributes and abilities would appear in the professions (much like the classes depict the WC3 heroes rather closely to how they appear in the WC3). That simply is not the case.

As for the Blademaster, there's no point in discussing it as a potential class because Blizzard would make it a revised spec for the Warrior class before anything else. Blizzard could simply revamp Arms and add a version of Mirror Image and Windwalk and some corresponding talents (even some talents from HotS) and we're all set. They could even rename the spec "Blademaster". That makes far more sense than cannibalizing design space on what would be an extremely shallow class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It doesn't matter what you think is better, such a class doesn't exist in lore.
    And, besides, every class added is similar to its Hero representative, but never fully equal.
    If the hero representative is Wrathion, then you're going to be a dragon like Wrathion, not some chump in armor begging Wrathion for scraps.

Just like you're a DK like Arthas, you're a Monk like Chen, and you're a Demon Hunter like Illidan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes, this is a long-standing fan theory.

Vol'dun and Stormsong last expansion.
    Ah forgot about Vol'dun. That is defo one of those. As for stormsong I would disagree that it had vast open zones uninterrupted by hubs, it was close to that but still felt cluttered, kinda like Stormheim.

If you were to compare Stormsong to Shadowmoon from WoD you would see what I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Also for me a giveaway of the map being fake is lack of landmarks even on continent scale maps

Also for me a giveaway of the map being fake is lack of landmarks even on continent scale maps
    Or, you know, that it has the artist's signature on it just like the Wraeclast map :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah forgot about Vol'dun. That is defo one of those. As for stormsong I would disagree that it had vast open zones uninterrupted by hubs, it was close to that but still felt cluttered, kinda like Stormheim.

If you were to compare Stormsong to Shadowmoon from WoD you would see what I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean sure but you could just say you want more space between hubs as you say. I'm not a fan of all the mountains on each zone but thats me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

lol at the mrgm video about Empire of Dragons, saying at the starts its not an MMO-C or 4chan leak while the first confirmed trace of the leak is from MMOC (we can't confirm the "from a discord server" parts)
    That's how most content creators act these days, they visit forums/watch someone else video, and make their videos pretending it's some privileged inside information or their own ideas, it's everywhere on YT.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Or, you know, that it has the artist's signature on it just like the Wraeclast map :P
    Ah yeah, found his profile. Some great maps he makes. Didn't realize it was the person from Twofold light

You know, when I first saw someone bring up the idea of the Dragon Isles being floating islands I didn't think much of it. World of Warcraft did a floating continent as early as Outland, more floating landmasses in the Nagrand zone specifically, and every zone in Shadowlands is more or less floating.

Then this map actually made me think about islands floating over an ocean rather than a nebulous void, with maybe a skybox showing recognizable Azerothian landmarks on the horizon (assuming it wouldn't be manually accessible from an existing continent), and I think it would actually feel exciting and new enough after all.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-28 at 01:18 AM.

RIP Blue Dragonflight.

Anyway, it's not real, Azapls sig can be seen in the bottom right corner.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-01-28 at 01:21 AM.

Just found this old screenshot and holy shit!