Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    False.

My partner plays strictly horde and she's never been to stormwind.

Also, I'd argue Lothar, Llane, Khadgar, Aegwynn, Medivh, Magni, Tyrande are all much much more above Alleria and Turalyon in being iconic to the series, and iconic to the old alliance.
    Literally only 3 people you mentioned were from the "Old Alliance".

- - - Updated - - -

"My partner plays strictly horde and she's never been to stormwind."

k? Go to Argus?

My partner plays strictly horde and she's never been to stormwind.
    False. The scenario at the beginning of BfA had Horde players raid Stormwind

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Ideally we would see a world revamp with a new 10-50 area that can be used for that indefinitely, or at least in theory indefinitely.
    Though, why stop at 50? This automatic separation people put up between 1-50 and 50-60 when discussing world revamps may actually hinder it's eventuality, due to Blizzard fearing that if they put out Endgame content in revamped Kalimdor and EK that nobody would like that.

If they put in enough work for 1-50, then they would likely have their hands quite full enough as to decide to just design 50-60 and endgame within the same areas.

Take a look at Kul Tiras and Zandalar. They were designed for 110-120, and 120 onward. By the time 9.0's new level system/squish happened, Zandalar and Kul Tiras became fuctional as BOTH 1-50 and 50-60, and so on. (though it was really 1-45, 45-50 and onward, you know though)

Which from where I'm standing, would be a dream. I'd probably sub as long as I could during THAT expack. Alts galore!
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Literally only 3 people you mentioned were from the "Old Alliance".

- - - Updated - - -

"My partner plays strictly horde and she's never been to stormwind."

k? Go to Argus?
    Why? Nothing she'd like to do is over there. Bottom of the line is, Alleria is a pretty irrelevant character.

And my point still stands. There are many characters who stand out much further than Alleria and Turalyon. Their deeds are outshined by just about anyone else who hasn't just completely disappeared for most of the series' history.

And must we knitpick? The factions have had so many different iterations and additions, anything before WCIII could be considered "the old alliance".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    False. The scenario at the beginning of BfA had Horde players raid Stormwind
    She had skipped the BFA content and went straight to Legion with her DH, and then straight to SL after hitting 50.

She had skipped the BFA content and went straight to Legion with her DH, and then straight to SL after hitting 50.
    Bummer. BfA questing was quite good But fine, you win

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Though, why stop at 50? This automatic separation people put up between 1-50 and 50-60 when discussing world revamps may actually hinder it's eventuality, due to Blizzard fearing that if they put out Endgame content in revamped Kalimdor and EK that nobody would like that.

If they put in enough work for 1-50, then they would likely have their hands quite full enough as to decide to just design 50-60 and endgame within the same areas.

Take a look at Kul Tiras and Zandalar. They were designed for 110-120, and 120 onward. By the time 9.0's new level system/squish happened, Zandalar and Kul Tiras became fuctional as BOTH 1-50 and 50-60, and so on. (though it was really 1-45, 45-50 and onward, you know though)

Which from where I'm standing, would be a dream. I'd probably sub as long as I could during THAT expack. Alts galore!
    Not necessarily havingg separate areas when it comes to a world revamp, that could easily just go 10-60. I am rather talking about expansion after that even, when it would streamline things immensely to just have a baseline 10-50 zone without having to worry about future narratives coming too abruptly.

Currently the way levelling works in-game is that 1-10 is the tutorial, then 10-50 is the gradual adjustment to escalating gameplay mechanics as well as learning about the world in general, then 50-60 is the actual important bit where players learn about the expansion specifically.

In future expansion SL would be a bit of an odd one out because the plot doesnt work nearly as well for a new player fresh off of Exile's reach compared to the current 10-50 area of Kul Tiras and Zandalar which are far more "generic".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Honestly, we won't really have any idea what their plan going forward is until we actually get to see it. They could just go back to each expansion adding another 10 levels, like with iLvl squishes, or they could keep it at a fixed 60. There's valid arguments for either option.
    I would argue that the current system being a smash hit would mean that Blizzard recognizes that simply repeating the mistake of expansion stories in the past would be a bad move.

They could obviously simply ignore it, but just like with the stat squish I think this is a system that Blizzard would want to carry forward.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Why? Nothing she'd like to do is over there. Bottom of the line is, Alleria is a pretty irrelevant character.

And my point still stands. There are many characters who stand out much further than Alleria and Turalyon. Their deeds are outshined by just about anyone else who hasn't just completely disappeared for most of the series' history.

And must we knitpick? The factions have had so many different iterations and additions, anything before WCIII could be considered "the old alliance".
    So like, characters are irrelevant, because she skipped content in which they were relevant? It's like saying "Khadgar/Garrosh were irrelevant, I didn't see them while leveling".

Alleria and Turalyon were major players in Legion, and less so in BfA. Just because a character stepped back from the foreground for the time being does not make them irrelevant. They will be back.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh......
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Clearly, it's Or.

Couldn’t this be related to the TBC pre patch coming to PTR? Timing would seem right. Just curious.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Couldn’t this be related to the TBC pre patch coming to PTR? Timing would seem right. Just curious.
    I'd say retail PTR push, considering the guy is on the retail team, but I have no idea, pretty strange for a monday regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'd say retail PTR push, considering the guy is on the retail team, but I have no idea, pretty strange for a monday regardless.
    Definitely would make more sense. There's also the question whether BC needs much in the way of PTR testing... did it even have any pre-event? Can't recall anything about that time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Yeah that was my question if he’s specifically working on retail, never heard of him that’s why I asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Definitely would make more sense. There's also the question whether BC needs much in the way of PTR testing... did it even have any pre-event? Can't recall anything about that time anymore.
    I think there was a little demon invasion going on in the Blasted Lands, but it’s 14 years for me as well and I don’t remember it correctly.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think there was a little demon invasion going on in the Blasted Lands, but it’s 14 years for me as well and I don’t remember it correctly.
    Now i remember. Although "Demon Slaughter Fest" might be more accurate. Not much in terms of invasion.

Ehhhh? Seems more akin to Retail PTR imo. I’d assume this weeks build would be big. Maybe Korthia additions, some music hopefully?, Updated Arthas model to fit with the Uther questline, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that was my question if he’s specifically working on retail, never heard of him that’s why I asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that. Idk how TBC PTR would fit tbh. I was maybe thinking next week tbh.

I wonder if Putress worked for the Jailer or was just a means to an end?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Bummer. BfA questing was quite good But fine, you win
    I'll agree with you there! I actually didn't mind it. Zones could've had a bit more variety (Kul'tiras especially) but other than that, I had no complaints.

I'll drag her through there some day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So like, characters are irrelevant, because she skipped content in which they were relevant? It's like saying "Khadgar/Garrosh were irrelevant, I didn't see them while leveling".

Alleria and Turalyon were major players in Legion, and less so in BfA. Just because a character stepped back from the foreground for the time being does not make them irrelevant. They will be back.
    Their only major and relevant appearance to the plot was in 7.3, on Argus. Immediately after, Alleria and Turalyon were put on the backburners for the future inevitable light vs void expansion.

As of right now though? The both of them are entirely irrelevant all through BFA and SL post 9.1.

I guess no build tonight then? Unless they are pushing it really late.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    TBC June 1st release date leak would be a way to still release 9.1 on Q2, 29th/30th is far enough. Typical retail player trying Classic would probably last 2-3 weeks - level and do few Karazhan runs.

Although I still completely don't get why they didn't schedule TBC to be put between 9.1 and 9.2 like with oryginal Classic.