Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Originally, the idea of factions & reputation was supposed to lead to organic player-driven storytelling experiences. That raising reputation with one faction would lower it with another, to the point of being KOS to them, but no MMO has ever developed it enough to bring that to fruition. Maybe it would be a good thing to try, but they're probably too afraid of alienating players after the whole covenant thing.

And I think covenants were a good idea, but considering how much development time they spent on it, the covenant abilities shouldn't have been class specific. If they were the same for every class it would have taken way less development time to balance.
    Rep and reknown feel so simmilar in function that I feel combining them and continue to update and think about this system doesn't sound to bad. Rep could still work in a sense it's bound to major story elements. Not tied to weekly resets just your own time. obviously the grinded feel on it should need a nother look for it to feel fun and not I have to do 80000 dailies so I get exalted for best rewards.

Covenants were not a bad idea, the thing that sucks with covenants is that it's not cosmetic, simple. We should have just gotten a new abillity per spec or what ever and keep it instead of these borrowed abillities that are tied to that covenant.They could have gone a differnt route and allow us to alter excisting abillities BECAUSE we are now allied with these mysterious shadowlands races. Greenshadowy Mind flay instead of blue one, or Venthyr looking fireball (could even alter name) The all around abillities such as venthyr teleport and kyrian healing pot would have been enough alone. More like flavor.

The key thing for future covenant type of content is that we need more frequent updtes and extra things to do, with cool rewards. Sl tried to do that, but it all felt very sparse and unexciting. Sl failed at giving us cool things to do in this DEATH themed expansion. It lacked on all fronts. You know..at some point you were just done with them.. storywise, but also the intrest was gone.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-02-01 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Everyone on Azeroth suffers from a very perculiar kind of dementia.
    Ah yes, the 7th cosmic power, amnesia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, yes. That's what I'm saying. It seems odd there's so much to analyze there from the logo alone—it does seem awfully convenient that it's so excessively detailed with these little hints towards the qualities of the next expansion that it could spawn so much discussion.
    BFA and especially Shadowlands logos are just as detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    BFA and especially Shadowlands logos are just as detailed.
    I was talking about things like the Naaru-esque imagery or the starry background. I didn't just mean details, but details from which details of the expansion could be extrapolated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about things like the Naaru-esque imagery or the starry background. I didn't just mean details, but details from which details of the expansion could be extrapolated.
    Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. WoW logos since BFA have multiple themes in their backgrounds and borders.

Have previous logos featured such minute hints?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Yes. Particularly the Shadowlands logo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They're usually themed with the expansion but usually on the more general less specific side though. imo the whole naaru thing is a reach in the first place.
    It’s a reach if it’s naaru. It’s not a reach if it’s Titan.

They're usually themed with the expansion but usually on the more general less specific side though. imo the whole naaru thing is a reach in the first place.
    Yeah, that’s a lot of projecting and imagination running wild.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    *snort*

Sure, whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    No, they've also never been so totally unrelated to the name of the expansion.

But even that's probably a reach its just pareidolia its gonna look like whatever you want it to look like subconsciously or not.
    I think it was more deliberate than that. It seems like between some of these details, it does seem as though it's meant to stoke the imagination too much. Shadowlands is little more than wood and skulls. Battle for Azeroth communicates "water and war". There's far too much in this single logo for me to think it wasn't made to stoke speculation, especially given it was posted here with no sources other than "discord".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    *snort*

Sure, whatever makes you sleep better at night.
    Why is that so out of bounds in possibility? Its a thematic that ties dragons and the void together.

No expansion has mixed three different themes into its logo. It's anti-aesthetic and unintuitive for newcomers.

A name like "Empire of Dragons" would require a more traditional artstyle, probably wooden or natural themed.

An expansion about the Naaru and/or the Void would have a different name, period.

That doesn't mean that either of those expansions couldn't feature the other things, but they wouldn't all be combined in the logo. Battle for Azeroth was ultimately about Old Gods, but the logo was war-themed to match the name and first patch.

You guys DO realize we have 5 more Zereth's to actually...go to, right? Light and Shadow's not gonna happen for a bit...

So, calm your shit people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    You guys DO realize we have 5 more Zereth's to actually...go to, right? Light and Shadow's not gonna happen for a bit...

I mean, Light/Void could easily play into that, but that still leaves 3 others.

Just following this trend, what would you say about the comparison of how Titan-y the EoD logo appears vs how Titan-y First Ones aesthetics appear?

I'd say the EoD is far less, but of course then it's interesting we're lead to believe TFO's are indeed separate from The Titans. (We'll see, lol.)

Idk, I get Goriona vibes from Dragon Soul when I saw this logo.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Goriona

The Naaru comparisons with their similar shapes to something like Xera are at least visually comparable to something we have seen (Lending credence to it being fake, I'd say), are probably a better lead than the forced 'must be a type of titan tech we haven't seen yet, like when they did that in 8.0' line of thinking.

It's gilding is fine fan art, but I will wonder what happened (who they lost maybe) with that part of the art department if it somehow is the real deal.
    Why is it so chalky/brushstroke/painterly in comparison to even the clearly painted Shadowlands gilding? I've tried to see if it's just over-exposed for some reason, but I don't think so, and why would it be? it's a digital leak.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-02-01 at 08:46 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No expansion has mixed three different themes into its logo. It's anti-aesthetic and unintuitive for newcomers.

A name like "Empire of Dragons" would require a more traditional artstyle, probably wooden or natural themed.

An expansion about the Naaru and/or the Void would have a different name, period.

That doesn't mean that either of those expansions couldn't feature the other things, but they wouldn't all be combined in the logo. Battle for Azeroth was ultimately about Old Gods, but the logo was war-themed to match the name and first patch.
    Void Dragons exist and have been very present in the past. Xalatath is somewhere.

Would be easy to create an Empire of villainous void dragons and tie it to the Void in general.

But that's what I said. It does illicit something but I mean that it's still pareidolia because everyone is seeing something different from it. Like I said it just makes me think it's gonna be an elf, dragon, and void heavy expansion. Its just something that clearly doesnt illicit anything in particular but it does give off a certain vibe.

But that's also part of why I think its fake. It gives off a Blizzard vibe but its not anything in particular where as every other lego instantly gives you a specific theme vibe.
    Yes, exactly.

It is a reasonably high basic production quality, but then utterly fails on the basic design principles that are always very strong in wow logos.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

Pretty much we never will. That’s just another part of lore that’s brought up but will never come to fruition. And honestly, who wants to visit five other Zereths? We‘re going to Zereth Mortis and the others will be forgotten in the long run, maybe mentioned once or twice.