Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty much we never will. That’s just another part of lore that’s brought up but will never come to fruition. And honestly, who wants to visit five other Zereths? We‘re going to Zereth Mortis and the others will be forgotten in the long run, maybe mentioned once or twice.
    I would have loved if we went to a Zereth that has already been overtaken and become a stronghold.
    Sadly Zereth Mortis seems to imply that once they get there they win, but learning for instance that the Void Lords used Zereth Umbra to create the Old Gods or generally just increase their numbers would have been such a neat plot development.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No expansion has mixed three different themes into its logo. It's anti-aesthetic and unintuitive for newcomers.

A name like "Empire of Dragons" would require a more traditional artstyle, probably wooden or natural themed.

An expansion about the Naaru and/or the Void would have a different name, period.

That doesn't mean that either of those expansions couldn't feature the other things, but they wouldn't all be combined in the logo. Battle for Azeroth was ultimately about Old Gods, but the logo was war-themed to match the name and first patch.
    Yeah Blizz likes the name/logo to be very concise. It's either based on the primary threat (BC, Wrath, Legion), the location we're going to (MoP, WoD, SL), or some major event attached to the expansion (Cata, BFA).

Empire of Dragons satisfies far as I can tell none of that. It looks like a void expansion which you'd only know if you dissected the logo.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yeah like every expansion logo is iconic when you see it you just know. Even like the Shadowlands logo felt right when it got leaked.

It's a really high quality fake probably one of the best we've ever got but it's definitely fake.
    Pretty sure we cannot say that it’s definitely fake.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    You guys DO realize we have 5 more Zereth's to actually...go to, right? Light and Shadow's not gonna happen for a bit...

So, calm your shit people.
    Fuck your Zereths. I'm not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah Blizz likes the name/logo to be very concise. It's either based on the primary threat (BC, Wrath, Legion), the location we're going to (MoP, WoD, SL), or some major event attached to the expansion (Cata, BFA).

Empire of Dragons satisfies far as I can tell none of that. It looks like a void expansion which you'd only know if you dissected the logo.
    I think the name leaves enough room for speculation. We already have an Empire in the game, The Black Empire. This could be the reference the name is coming from. And many of the Old God servants do have Empires, too. Trolls do have Empires as well, iirc. So it’s not too far fetched.

I find Warlords of Draenor to be as unspecific. We had no idea who the warlords are before Blizzard announced them.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, yes. That's what I'm saying. It seems odd there's so much to analyze there from the logo alone—it does seem awfully convenient that it's so excessively detailed with these little hints towards the qualities of the next expansion that it could spawn so much discussion.
    To be fair though it’s just the border that caused discussion over the things in it being
    Titan tech
    Dragon horns
    Elven armor
    Naaru pieces

I think the name leaves enough room for speculation. We already have an Empire in the game, The Black Empire. This could be the reference the name is coming from. And many of the Old God servants do have Empires, too. Trolls do have Empires as well, iirc. So it’s not too far fetched.

I find Warlords of Draenor to be as unspecific. We had no idea who the warlords are before Blizzard announced them.
    But you knew exactly what Draenor was didn't you? And if you've played wow or warcraft for a decent amount of time, you should also have pretty much immediately recognized the bolted together metal with spikes + wood aesthetic iconic to Orc construction.

Note how, despite the Iron Horde having its own more industrial look of scrapped, jagged and sharp black metal with red fire, the logo still opts for the more traditional and recognizable orc aesthetic.

Nooo there was just constant talk about 'THE warlords of draenor' we already knew. Ner'zhul I think mostly, and then because Garrosh was still alive there was speculation of just basically an orcish war-party/nu horde again.
    I'm pretty sure I even saw some people speculating we'd be going to the orcish afterlife plain and seeing these characters.

There were a few outliers of people in the "could be anything!" camp, but really there wasn't much doubt it was a reference to one of those characters from WC2-3 or their lineage/legacy in some way.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to believe the EoD logo is real and legit. Why? Because its weridly right and SPECIFIC in its themes.
    Of course, one may say that the one who made the logo came to the same conclusion as some of us did: Light and Void themes are very hot in terms of build up in Legion, BFA and SL, and ready to shoot. Its hardly 11.0 material. Turalyon, Scarlet Crusade, Yrel, Alleria and Locuswalker stuff are very much ready to go. The guy or girl or people who made this logo came to the same conclusion, which isnt very spread around nowadays. Last couple months it was all about Dragons, dragons, isles, tinkers, dragons...
    Thats why Void and Light hints on the logo background looks pretty pointy...

But dragons, well, there is not so much build up to it outside Wrathion. It feels like the one who made the logo and title knew exactly what the expansion is gonna be about and thow that Twilight-esque/Light-esque palette. With the dragons on it, because, probably, 10.0 will take place on Dragon Isles. It almost feels like thats not an amateur work. Amateur work is easy to spot - look at most logos that was "leaked" past month. Their palettes feels amateurish.

The dragon title with Void/Light logo behind simply feels belivable.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2022-02-01 at 09:11 PM.

No announcement? no new leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Nooo there was just constant talk about 'THE warlords of draenor' we already knew. Ner'zhul I think mostly, and then because Garrosh was still alive there was speculation of just basically an orcish war-party/nu horde again.
    I'm pretty sure I even saw some people speculating we'd be going to the orcish afterlife plain and seeing these characters.

There were a few outliers of people in the "could be anything!" camp, but really there wasn't much doubt it was a reference to one of those characters from WC2-3 or their lineage/legacy in some way.
    Were Kargath, Nerzhul, Grommash etc. ever specifically referenced as Warlords before WoD? I don’t think so, but I could be wrong.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    No announcement? no new leaks?
    March 8th Release Date.

Zovaal Cinematic: March 22nd
    WoW Expansion Date for Announcement Revealed On: March 24th.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Feeling real thankful that PoE has kept me occupied this past week, and is going to keep me occupied for quite a while longer. Makes the wait for 9.2 and 10.0 announcements bearable. ^^

Prior to Cataclysm, arguments against its name when it was found were "the title always includes the antagonist and isn't a single word!"

Prior to MoP, arguments against its name when it was found were "the title is either the antagonist or the event itself, Mists is too ambiguous!"

Etc.

Empire of Dragons is a fine enough name. It could be the name of a new foe. It could be the name of a heretofore unknown region. It could be the event that the expansion involves. And it could be fake.

I wouldn't write off most titles, barring those with obvious misspellings or grammar (Dawn Awakenings for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I tend to believe the EoD logo is real and legit. Why? Because its weridly right and SPECIFIC in its themes.
    Of course, one may say that the one who made the logo came to the same conclusion as some of us did: Light and Void themes are very hot in terms of build up in Legion, BFA and SL, and ready to shoot. Its hardly 11.0 material. Turalyon, Scarlet Crusade, Yrel, Alleria and Locuswalker stuff are very much ready to go. The guy or girl or people who made this logo came to the same conclusion, which isnt very spread around nowadays. Last couple months it was all about Dragons, dragons, isles, tinkers, dragons...
    Thats why Void and Light hints on the logo background looks pretty pointy...

But dragons, well, there is not so much build up to it outside Wrathion. Thats why the dragon title with Void/Light logo behind feels belivable.
    You literally just explained why that is not evidence at all. Everyone (including 95% of all the blatantly fake leaks) has assumed it was dragons, and many of them have assumed it was Dragons + Void/Light.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-02-01 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    March 8th Release Date.

Zovaal Cinematic + WoW Expansion Date for Announcement Revealed On: March 22nd + March 24th.
    This would truly be the darkest timeline.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This would truly be the darkest timeline.
    I mean we'll see the Date is supposed to be revealed tomorrow. I think it makes sense for the company they want to avoid February. It's just weird when you consider this PTR and how odd it was seemingly trying to rush for a Mid/Late February release date. But decided to delay it by 1-3 weeks instead of what was originally planned.

Honestly, I've been waiting for so long now that another month doesn't really phase me. At least with 9.2 Release Date confirmed it is at least removing not giving 10.0 details due to a patch being in testing and unreleased excuse.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Huh? When did they reveal the release date for 9.2?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I mean, Light/Void could easily play into that, but that still leaves 3 others.
    Yeah, and we'll probably have those Zereth's in their own respective expac, prolly for a 2 parter or so. We got like 6 Expansions of Plot easily with all this, at the very least. 10.0: Dragons and world revamp, with rising tensions?

11.0: Elune, An'she, Pantheon of Life, Realm of Life, Zereth Vitae, etc. Rise of some Light and Shadow stuff?

12.0: Realm of Order, or maybe a lead in to that.

13.0: Zereth Tumult, Sargeras plotline, Disorder "PaNThEOn" made from stolen Proto-bodies of the First Ones' Factories, and infused with the might from within Zereth Tumult and the primordial Disorderly Magics from the Heart of Chaos!

14.0: Light Vs Shadow Part 1, or a lead in to that?

15.0: Maybe Light Vs Shadow Part 2? Kinda expect this to be a 3 parter tbh, with 1 Expac being focused on 1 force namely, with the other Expac being focused on the other.

I can see like 1-2 more expacs being on smaller plots also, making certain these expac's aren't an instant "Cosmic Plot to Cosmic plot" ordeal. Makes sense, and I'm kinda happy we didn't see the Life shit in this expac, makes sense ngl.

1+ Year Old Account
    Huh? When did they reveal the release date for 9.2?
    It's just a leak, we don't know if it is verifiable. The date is supposed to be revealed tomorrow. Its' from a Scripe clip where he deadpan just told the release date and its reveal date.

Again could be just a little trolling. We see.

Nihil.