7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They have actually extended the endgame during a patch ever since WoD at least.
    In WoD it was by adding upgrades to all gear to give players something to do. In Legion it was the infinite Artifact power.
    BfA I don't exactly remember, but I am pretty sure the Corruption vendor was added in the patch after the raid was.
    So like, it was all done from the start and not because some players were playing too hard, as was implied. And Corruption vendor was there to actually quicken getting proper Corruption gear, not extend it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So like, it was all done from the start and not because some players were playing too hard, as was implied. And Corruption vendor was there to actually quicken getting proper Corruption gear, not extend it.
    It was done to give players something to do if they wanted to spend more time in the last patch waiting for the next expansion.
    But yes, not really to force players to stay unless you are working from the assumption that Blizzard is holding the players hostage until everything is done.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    From the top of my mind:
    Tinker
    - Mail
    - Crossbows, fire weapons, 1h weapons, shields
    - Tank, Healer and Ranged DPS specs

Night Warrior
    - Mail
    - Bows, crossbows, glaives
    - Helaer, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS
    Broken Record Mode: ENGAGED!!!

Necromancer
    - Cloth or Mail
    - Staves, Swords, Daggers, offhands
    - Tank (bone armor); Ranged DPS (curses and diseases); Healer (DoTs on enemy fuel HoTs on friends)

PS: yep any chance of getting Necromancers has pretty much sinked with SL ending soon, anyway I can still hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    It always makes me lol when somebody claims "I know this guy on Team 2 and..."

There is 0 chance a WoW-developer would know about Blizzard's PR plans, let alone have a copy of their press releases one month before release.
    Devs presenting or giving interviews would need to know. Either way we’ll have official announcements soon ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    From the top of my mind:
    Tinker
    - Mail
    - Crossbows, fire weapons, 1h weapons, shields
    - Tank, Healer and Ranged DPS specs

Night Warrior
    - Mail
    - Bows, crossbows, glaives
    - Helaer, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS
    Has anyone actually defined exactly what a Noght Warrior is beyond Tyrande going crazy with moon magic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    As much as I like this leak, the date already invalidates it for me. Feel like they'd have put out an "Tune in to the wow developer stream on the 18th!" announcement already if they were going to announce the whole expansion there.
    Yeah, like I said, it’s ballsy, because it gives this an expiration date only 13 days away. That’s a lot of work to do for something to be invalidated that quickly.

10+ Year Old Account

This
    image just showed up on the Warcraft addons subreddit. Thoughts?

Last edited by Hagakure; 2022-02-05 at 02:06 PM.

Guessing right is not the same as having insider information.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagakure View Post
    This image just showed up on the Warcraft addons subreddit. Thoughts?

Probably a mod having some fun. Even discounting how poorly the title fits the logo, or how poor the overall color scheme looks. If there are people outside the WoW Dev team who gets to know the next expansion early, I feel random Reddit subreddit devs are fairly low on that list.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

This

The expansion name seems waaay out of proportion compared to the rest of the logo.
    unclench your jaw

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbf, empire of dragons logo still looks like the best candidate for actual leak

7+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts?
    This is so extraordinarily low effort that a newborn could do a better job.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Probably a mod having some fun. Even discounting how poorly the title fits the logo, or how poor the overall color scheme looks. If there are people outside the WoW Dev team who gets to know the next expansion early, I feel random Reddit subreddit devs are fairly low on that list.
    I'd agree that it's probably fake (because nearly all "leaks" are), but I do rather like the concept it implies, combining dragons with an implied continuation of the Elune story (via Eclipse).

Guessing right is not the same as having insider information.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Broken Record Mode: ENGAGED!!!

Necromancer
    - Cloth or Mail
    - Staves, Swords, Daggers, offhands
    - Tank (bone armor); Ranged DPS (curses and diseases); Healer (DoTs on enemy fuel HoTs on friends)

PS: yep any chance of getting Necromancers has pretty much sinked with SL ending soon, anyway I can still hope
    He asked about a mail user with healing. The typical wow necro is always presented as a mage, but I guess they could make them more like the Diablo necro like you presented, although it would be too much close to DK, and the first point to not doing necro is precisely that.

Ashes of Galakaros is the new expansion

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruteka View Post
    Ashes of Galakaros is the new expansion
    Guess to pack the bags then.

Seems boring as hell.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Guess to pack the bags then.

Seems boring as hell.
    Ashes of Galakaros sounds awesome. What you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Wow that's an incredibly bad fake. Wouldn't be shocked if whoever made it spent less than a half hour on it.
    Would you like some more red and black with that?

7+ Year Old Account

This

Do people not realize that it is an instant fake the moment they reuse already existing art? Not to mention the coloring just hurts the eyes and makes text barely visible.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree that it's probably fake
    Probably?

It's the legion logo but hued red with saturation turned up to 11, the expansion tag is stamped out and whoever made this clearly never formatted text in their lives.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Ashes of Galakrond OP is pretty ballsy because they put an expiration date on their leak. The entire leak gets invalidated in less than 2 weeks (2/18/22).
    Honestly the Zone Revamp as an evergreen feature is such a good idea. They have the opportunity to release a new zone every month or so with a steady stream of fresh content sprinkled in between the main patches. They could even just incorporate those zone changes into the major patches with new raids and dungeons etc. I really hope this is the real deal. Imagine if we got updates as frequently as Fornite. What a world that would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethule View Post
    Honestly the Zone Revamp as an evergreen feature is such a good idea. They have the opportunity to release a new zone every month or so with a steady stream of fresh content sprinkled in between the main patches. They could even just incorporate those zone changes into the major patches with new raids and dungeons etc. I really hope this is the real deal. Imagine if we got updates as frequently as Fornite. What a world that would be.
    Yeah, there was a lot of good ideas in that leak. Very impressive effort to say the least. Changing the concept of the dragon isles to something based on Galakrond is an interesting concept that actually makes sense.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-02-05 at 03:35 PM.