1. #23141
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Broker new race confirmed, can't convince me otherwise.
    I'm going to say something I will never, ever say again: I hope you're right.

  2. #23142
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Broker new race confirmed, can't convince me otherwise.
    We sure its not just a minor change to the dungeon?

  3. #23143
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,813
    It's impossible to see all continents when you look at a planet from far away. A satellite can because it combines different pictures. And ofcourse if Blizzard are going to add a new continent or island they won't show it already. They this stuff gets datamined asap after it goes live.

  4. #23144
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    We sure its not just a minor change to the dungeon?
    Seems to be an addition not a change, but yes, I'm sure it's something minor. Probably a new RP bit at the start of Zereth Mortis' city, since that also features Brokers.

  5. #23145
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    We sure its not just a minor change to the dungeon?
    It probably is, Broker City == Tazavesh name internally (I believe). There's similar spells for seemingly older content in recent builds, not sure why but not necessarily indicative of any noteworthy changes.

    Edit: I think the Zereth town is called Broker Hub but I'm not sure now, so could be that too.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-02-09 at 05:23 AM.

  6. #23146
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    We sure its not just a minor change to the dungeon?
    An introduction to haven was what came to mind. Not that I'd be opposed to broker early access... Though I'd be personally sad that it'd decrease the chances of ever getting ethereal.

  7. #23147
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,525
    So we all know the maps and globes can't be trusted because they always get replaced when a new landmass is added (or one that already existed in lore is changed in some way), and because Blizz themselves have said it. I like that they left the entire back of that globe empty instead of squeezing Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms a bit closer together though. It is still silly that the southern points of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and all of Pandaria are at the bottom of the globe though because a bunch of hot deserts and jungles and then WoW-China being the south pole is just weird. How many expacs before we end up with a Southrend?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  8. #23148
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,213
    I don't have high hopes for today, but since music build was Tuesday, it's worth to check what will happen 7/8 PM EU time.

  9. #23149
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Holy crap, this new music is so good!

    Did you guys notice the new tavern music? Revamp team where you at!

    My guess is either some sort of tribute to WoW is happening with the anniversary, for example a new tavern is being patched into the game and this music will be used there... or, they are literally revamping this thing in 9.2.5 or 10.0.
    It's part of Darkmoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Correct, those are for the Darkmoon event.

    Pride of the Seas
    4438819 - Music
    4438821 - Fail
    4438823 - Pass
    4438825 - Victory

    Lion's Pride
    4438811 - Music
    4438813 - Fail
    4438815 - Pass
    4438817 - Victory

    Call to Arms
    4438803 - Music
    4438805 - Fail
    4438807 - Pass
    4438809 - Victory

  10. #23150
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    What, like the Darkmoon Faire?

    Since when does Blizzard randomly write and produce new tavern music for that?

  11. #23151
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    ??? That Azeroth texture is pretty much a stylized version of a satellite picture of our planet at night. You know, like that's exactly the thing the wow artists used as reference?
    MY.
    GOD.
    Now I regret losing so much time trying to explain you my point about races and allied races the other day.
    I think that you are just trolling us to see our reactions, because your argument in this particular topic about the map is pointless, not debatable at all.
    But hey, if no new landmasses ever means new world revamp, I am in.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  12. #23152
    Azeroth Cartographer: where did that new continent come from??

    Explorer: ummm….magic

    Cartographer: how does that work??

    Explorer: ummm….magically

    Cartographer: ok checks out

  13. #23153
    If this is the final PTR build, wouldn’t it be marked a release candidate like the last times? Or did we get another build later on after they announced the release date? No idea how it was with 9.1 and 9.1.5.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  14. #23154
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Here, have the incredibly incorrect and incomplete texture of the physical planet, which is actually mostly visible in the skybox if you wait long enough.

    Oh, Quel'thalas, Gilneas and Twilight Highlands are missing. Guess they don't exist canonically. Dang. (Fun fact, I made that image during 7.3 PTR because I was frustrated with the inaccuracies and there was an entire thread on it in this forum as well with pretty much an identical discussion as this one.)

    Kul Tiras and Zandalar are also missing as all those clouds aren't large enough to obscure any of them... but 8.0 beta was right around the corner? Weird. They must have known, right?
    I understand why Quel'Danas is missing since it exists on Outland map and not in EK, but what I don't get why is Twilight Highlands missing in there? How do they copypaste the map with only some Cataclysm changes? None of the Cata zones exists in completely different zonewide phased maps either like Sargeras's sword or updated Arahti or Darkshore.

  15. #23155
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If this is the final PTR build, wouldn’t it be marked a release candidate like the last times? Or did we get another build later on after they announced the release date? No idea how it was with 9.1 and 9.1.5.
    Last few patches they started marking build as release right after they reveal date.

  16. #23156
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    So we all know the maps and globes can't be trusted because they always get replaced when a new landmass is added (or one that already existed in lore is changed in some way), and because Blizz themselves have said it. I like that they left the entire back of that globe empty instead of squeezing Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms a bit closer together though. It is still silly that the southern points of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and all of Pandaria are at the bottom of the globe though because a bunch of hot deserts and jungles and then WoW-China being the south pole is just weird. How many expacs before we end up with a Southrend?
    Yea. Given the climates on the south tips of EK, Kalimdor and Pandaria it would make more sense that the bottom end of the current map is near the equator, not south pole.

  17. #23157
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,678
    I actually do kinda find it odd that they made new tavern music for a minigame when the old one was perfectly acceptable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, this cave music is magnificent.



  18. #23158
    Ok I’m convinced it will be a 2.22.22 release because Ybarra would take full advantage of the meme while taking care of competition

  19. #23159
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Ok I’m convinced it will be a 2.22.22 release because Ybarra would take full advantage of the meme while taking care of competition
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing tbh.

  20. #23160
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    MY.
    GOD.
    Now I regret losing so much time trying to explain you my point about races and allied races the other day.
    I think that you are just trolling us to see our reactions, because your argument in this particular topic about the map is pointless, not debatable at all.
    But hey, if no new landmasses ever means new world revamp, I am in.
    I see you have become recipient of the Ersula Experience™.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •