10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Well there's one reason more not to play FF. Bloody awful music :P
    Words of a boomer right there, you're showing your age buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright so besides dogshit and factually WRONG takes about FF14 here on the last couple of pages, has there been any notable things happening?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Not a boomer and it is still garbage music.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Dragon Isles arent in the air. They were deep below Northrend the whole time.
    Honestly, there is a Dragon connection in Northrend. Wyrmrest temple. Dragonblight. All the portals in the Wyrmrest temple.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Not my cup of tea, but not that awful either...did i understand correctly that this is used during a bossfight? I can't imagine a fight fitting that tune tbh...

Also Nr. 1 Reason to not play FF14 is the god awful pos combat system with 2.5 GCD. You can make a cup of coffee, take a nap, go to toilet, come home from work and then start your second key in the rotation. But it's not only that...all fights feel clunky and you just do it because you have to...it doesn't make any fun. Also all Classes feel exactly the same.

Give me FF14 with the combat system of WoW and crack would be nothing against that.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not a boomer and it is still garbage music.
    People say there's no such thing as a wrong opinion, but I'd say they're wrong because this dogshit take of yours is clearly what I'd call a TRASH AND WORTHLESS OPINION.
    + ur old, get over it.

WoW has some great soundtracks, but the quality has quite clearly not been the same since MoP.

FF14's soundtracks from Heavensward and forward all have depth and meaning to them, you'd understand this if you played the damn game.
    Imagine thinking your opinion matters when you've not even put time into something.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2022-02-10 at 11:03 AM.

I agree that exact piece is bad, but FFXIV does have some bangers. Especially that fight against Zodiark in EW.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISu943Wx8nA
    Last edited by Melorandor; 2022-02-10 at 11:06 AM.

So not being a boomer means liking the exact same things every other non-boomer enjoys?
    You should really try & define your own personality, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    People say there's no such thing as a wrong opinion, but I'd say they're wrong because this dogshit take of yours is clearly what I'd call a TRASH AND WORTHLESS OPINION.
    + ur old, get over it.
    Or just different music taste.
    I'm definitely not a boomer and I find this too painful to listen to. Complete and utter garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    So not being a boomer means liking the exact same things every other non-boomer enjoys?
    You should really try & define your own personality, mate.
    Nawh, this specifically applies to WoW Andys that think their opinion matters when they've not even gotten out of ARR.
    You don't get to have a take on something if you've not put some effort into it.
    And today's WoW players are known to be especially ignorant towards any other mmo that is different to theirs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a Boomer.

I wouldn't call it garbage, mostly because i hate to trash on music just cause i don't like it and i consider myself above that, but FF14s music is so damn distracting and more often than not clashes so hard with what's shown on screen.

No idea how anyone can deem that good.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Or just different music taste.
    I'm definitely not a boomer and I find this too painful to listen to. Complete and utter garbage.
    Go through WoW's soundtracks from MoP until present day and you'll see what I mean with a clear difference in quality.
    No soundtrack that has been produced in WoW in the last years comes close to what Soken has produced, that's a fact not an opinion.

Professional sound engineers and producers will literally tell you the same thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Go through WoW's soundtracks from MoP until present day and you'll see what I mean with a clear difference in quality.
    No soundtrack that has been produced in WoW in the last years comes close to what Soken has produced, that's a fact not an opinion.

Professional sound engineers and producers will literally tell you the same thing.
    Daughter of the Sea wants a word with you.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Professional sound engineers and producers - the doom of modern music industry.
    Luckily they don't have a say on what people should or should not enjoy. WoW music is hands down better than FFXIV.

How's what you are stating a fact and not and opinion when you are only repeating that it is "fact" and that it is "factually" like that but you don't provide further arguments to show it or even real facts about the subject?

Would it be better music if a sound engineer or producer say it is a more complex production? Not necessarily, as you could have there a simpler musical piece which is better in musical terms, don't you agree?

+ ur old, get over it.

WoW has some great soundtracks, but the quality has quite clearly not been the same since MoP.

FF14's soundtracks from Heavensward and forward all have depth and meaning to them, you'd understand this if you played the damn game.
    Imagine thinking your opinion matters when you've not even put time into something.
    I put enough time in it to be annoyed by it having abhorrent sound design, but if literal N64/PS1 era footsteps and menu sounds, korean F2P spell sound effects, and a mix of amateur Jrock/pop/electronic and the same generic orchestral tracks of blaring horns, choir and marching quarter note strings that every other JRPG in existence has on its OST is what gets you hype, more power to you.

Not sure "put more time into experiencing something bad" is a particularly good argument for it not being bad. People who work in waste management get used to the smell of sewers, that doesn't mean sewers don't smell bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Daughter of the Sea wants a word with you.
    There are a few issues I have with that song, it shares the same elements as your ordinary pop song.

The lyrics are quite clearly rushed in some parts just to fit in with the tempo of the song to me that's just bad songwriting.
    The song was ordinarily also not made for WoW the game, but rather to please a crowd on youtube, and the lyrics themselves are at best "meh" because it's just taking parts of Jaina's story and putting them in a song.

The best soundtrack they've produced in the last few years is the soundtrack that plays when Ysera dies in Val'sharah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Professional sound engineers and producers - the doom of modern music industry.
    Luckily they don't have a say on what people should or should not enjoy. WoW music is hands down better than FFXIV.
    The doom of the modern music industry is good because it's fundamentally designed to steal from the artist, so to tear that down is to make the industry better.
    But I have a feeling you're more thinking of pop producers than anything else when you say that.

WoW's music hasn't had soul to it since MoP apart from the Nordrassil soundtrack I mentioned above, a lot of it is just glorified background music now.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are a few issues I have with that song, it shares the same elements as your ordinary pop song.

The lyrics are quite clearly rushed in some parts just to fit in with the tempo of the song to me that's just bad songwriting.
    The song was ordinarily also not made for WoW the game, but rather to please a crowd on youtube, and the lyrics themselves are at best "meh" because it's just taking parts of Jaina's story and putting them in a song.

The best soundtrack they've produced in the last few years is the soundtrack that plays when Ysera dies in Val'sharah

- - - Updated - - -

The doom of the modern music industry is good because it's fundamentally designed to steal from the artist, so to tear that down is to make the industry better.
    But I have a feeling you're more thinking of pop producers than anything else when you say that.

WoW's music hasn't had soul to it since MoP apart from the Nordrassil soundtrack I mentioned above, a lot of it is just glorified background music now.
    Ok Mr. Fidget Spinner, I guess we have to agree to disagree here.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. And the funniest thing is that there are still people here complaining that "wow is not mysterious enough". The games strength was always to show us the "world of warcraft", not to make some vague worldbuilding.
    It had huge potential that is why it feels so hollow as well
    What could have been possible and so many characters we could have visited and dks were suppose to shine here. Nothing of it really shined through sadly. Whats especially sad is the whole orb of the arbiter is actually the orb of zovaal.. they did a horrible job and explaining to us that he was evil in the first place. Many believed he was misstreated and a red herring. Maybe hes motivation was actually good. You might say well thats the tricky thing and maybe on purpose as of writing, but it all fell flat. When it was just hes evil and he needs to be destroyed. We shouldnt really have a real shot as he is the biggest of the baddest and fooled everyone. Its just a bad story to me.. nothing made sense.

The jailer story and motivation destroyed previous arcs and motivation of characters, sylvanas included and the first ones destroyed the mystery. Shame how these two things kinda ruined the fun in speculation or theorizing in general for wow at this point. Lore is dead at this point hence the backlash as well.

Bfa started the vageuness with sylvanas and shadowlands is a 2.0 of that imo. It all took way to long and the outcome wasnt surpising or interesting.

Really dont want ro ruin it for you, but I have nothing positive to say about shadowlands... besides maybe shadows redisign and the removal of that stupid legion design.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-02-10 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok Mr. Fidget Spinner, I guess we have to agree to disagree here.
    love u too queen, also im not gonna derail the thread about further music shit, the rest I can take to dms should anyone still want to discuss it

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Bfa started the vageuness with sylvanas and shadowlands is a 2.0 of that imo. It all took way to long and the outcome wasnt surpising or interesting.
    Vagueness is good for world-building. Not for the main narrative. And certainly not for the motives of your central characters.

When you build mystery in the background, it expands your world. When your main story is a complete mystery, it just results in people not being able to get invested.