Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Out of curiosity, do we expect more Blizzard news this week? Blizzard, not specifically WoW.
    Lately main source is Ybarra and he didn't hint at anything yet, so probably not

18th is the deadline for the most accurate leak so far (galakaros), but it's going to be debunked for sure
    As others pointed out, they can't just drop 10.0 presentation without announcing it coming, it would be a PR suicide

I guess, at this point we have two options...
    If announcement is ready, we'll have it as soon as RFW ends, beginning of march
    If it's far from being ready, the window spans from april to september, God only knows when

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm hopeful that we get 10.0 news between now and the end of March (March 31st being the latest). I would prefer 10.0 news right after the Jailer fight goes LIVE (March 8). I am a lore video game person. However, I also am HYPE AF for 10.0 so really it can be announced at any time. I don't realistically see it happening in February.

Quote Originally Posted by kraystase View Post
    this year is canceled , this year Microsoft buy Activision Blizzard , so some things change

i don't believe the 9th expansion annoucement on friday 18th
    Microsoft won't even be the effective owner of the company until this summer. They were clearly ready to announce it when the scheduled the thing this week, so why is that so implausible? They cancelled for PR reasons, not production reasons.

1+ Year Old Account
    Regardless, like every Sunday before this one, I'm excited for the new week of HYPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They cancelled because of Covid, you might have heard of it.
    They cancelled because of the Lawsuit. And that a Blizzcon event is expected to have a lot of community interaction: A PR nightmare.

You realize Blizzconline is a remote thing, right? Just like the last one? That they held *during* Covid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The Zereth Mortis campaign chapter 6 post on the front page reminded me of an oddity.

The Oracle cycles through several languages to try and communicate, including Titanic, Demonic, Shath'yar, and Draconic.

Peculiar, that. Don't want to reignite that whole dragon debate/argument from several pages back but that came to mind with this.
    Storm Dragons, the pre-titan-influence dragons, had their own language. It makes sense that Dragons would be one of the first races that had language.

I'm hopeful that we get 10.0 news between now and the end of March (March 31st being the latest). I would prefer 10.0 news right after the Jailer fight goes LIVE (March 8). I am a lore video game person. However, I also am HYPE AF for 10.0 so really it can be announced at any time. I don't realistically see it happening in February.
    My guess is they are drip feeding announcements in 2 week intervals. We already had the new survival game and now 9.2 release date.

My guess is OW2 beta is next, followed by the WarCraft mobile title, 10.0 unveil, then probably D4 5th class and lastly the new hearthstone expansion and season. So probably announcements leading well into April at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No, it did not increase for everyone. I still pay the same amount. And as I see you are starting to back away, I call bullshit on your "quadrupled" fee, unless you got rampant inflation in your country.
    It did increased for everyone, for some more than others, and yeah isn't bullshit. There is also the new way of buying gametime as you can only buy 2 months at once without a subcription.

Other games and plataforms like steam have regional prices and worked fine, so this is a wow problem.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The only way that is true is if your currency tanked and you're technically paying the sub in a different currency. In which case it is a case of f-ed up economy.
    Like i said, they could always make a regional price like steam does
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-02-14 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Lately main source is Ybarra and he didn't hint at anything yet, so probably not

18th is the deadline for the most accurate leak so far (galakaros), but it's going to be debunked for sure
    As others pointed out, they can't just drop 10.0 presentation without announcing it coming, it would be a PR suicide

I guess, at this point we have two options...
    If announcement is ready, we'll have it as soon as RFW ends, beginning of march
    If it's far from being ready, the window spans from april to september, God only knows when
    It's quite possible that we could get an announcement as late as Thursday and get the reveal on Friday.

Or they could simply reveal it on Friday. Blizzard would have no problem getting press for a new expansion reveal. It would be all over the web in a matter of seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It did increased for everyone, for some more than others, and yeah isn't bullshit. There is also the new way of buying gametime as you can only buy 2 months at once without a subcription.
    Soooo, you still claim you pay 4 times the fee you had few years ago? Or are we "forgetting" that little detail?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-02-14 at 06:26 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

We 99.9% wont see 10.0 announcement this month, not even the announcement of the announcement, there is simply too much other stuff happening in gaming (9.2 next week, LostArk right now, SWTOR&GW2 expansions next 2 weeks, then EldenRing on the singleplayer side...).

I guess middle of march is the earliest we will realistically see news about 10.0 (date announce for the reveal event not counted, could be coming beginning of march).

Edit: They only way i see them saying anything regarding 10.0 before march is if they have really bad news, like they have to delay the expansion to middle 2023 and reveal will be no earlier then autum 2022. Bury bad news in other stuff...
    Last edited by LordKharon; 2022-02-14 at 06:40 AM.

Other games and plataforms like steam have regional prices and worked fine, so this is a wow problem.

I pay the same price I paid a decade ago. With money being worth less, I basically pay less ( or would pay if I played ).
    I think its more a problem of your third world country. I assume turkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Microsoft won't even be the effective owner of the company until this summer. They were clearly ready to announce it when the scheduled the thing this week, so why is that so implausible? They cancelled for PR reasons, not production reasons.
    Actually they won't be the owner until Summer of 2023. So there's some time. lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I pay the same price I paid a decade ago. With money being worth less, I basically pay less ( or would pay if I played ).
    I think its more a problem of your third world country. I assume turkey?
    Well that is curious, cause from what i looked even for Us players it did had an increase along the years.

Not gonna say which one, but there is a lot of countries that wow price is just bs like south america, and i don't rly blame the third world cause other games have regional price to adapt the country reality, like how i can buy steam games fine. Bright side is maybe microsoft will put wow in gamepass which is pretty good service.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Soooo, you still claim you pay 4 times the fee you had few years ago? Or are we "forgetting" that little detail?
    the subscription for me did increased 4x times yeah, one of the reasons i don't play often and neither my friends

Out of curiosity, do we expect more Blizzard news this week? Blizzard, not specifically WoW.
    Am personally expecting Overwatch things, but we'll see.

I really like them utilizing rock in the action parts. They really should do that more often.

https://youtu.be/jaHc11KJzL8

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    anyone keeping track of old leaks like this one?
    Why? It gets nearly everything wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably push OW2 stuff next.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, they removed the 60 day game time option, but you could still subscribe for one month, and then instantly cancel the subscription to only get one month of game time.
    Nope, because I can't use my payment method.

They do, but only for the regions they actually sell it in. So you're paying in some other currency.

They also haven't changed the EU pricing since 2005. Which is the release year for EU. So you're just flat-out lying.

And I'm paying the same price for my sub as ever - in US dollars.