Kerning on the "What's Next?" font is too wide.

Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Are those pine trees in the background?
    Holy fuck are we finally getting Warkings of Azeroth?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So.. if wowdev is retail, wowdev2 is TBC - then I guess it's not Wrath since TBC didn't get wowdev3 after Vanilla Classic.

Could it be... 10.0 FULL REVAMP NEW ENGINE NEW CLIENT ALPHA NEXT MONT-- sorry I got carried away, it's probably some mobile shit.
    Could be possible, but would they call it that if it's only a Warcraft-adjacent client? It seems like it's for variants of WoW specifically.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Could be possible, but would they call it that if it's only a Warcraft-adjacent client? It seems like it's for variants of WoW specifically.
    Well, we don't know what mobile game is, could some pet battle stuff connected directly to WoW account.

Another possibility is that Wrath Classic will work differently than Vanilla/TBC and require separate entry, something like connected achievements with retail, stuff like that. But even Wrath Beta sounds way to early, I wouldn't expect it before end of Summer.

In my opinion, I don't think we will get any info regarding next expansion till at least March 10th.

Why? Feb 23th is when 9.2 gets released, yeah, but full raid unlock will happen on March 8th. Judging that Thursdays are "news" days, and whole 9.2 plot will be public by that day, they would be free to show whats next. This is me being optimistic, March 24th (a month after 9.2 release) seems more realistic.

Is there any reason the wow maintenance is weirdly long today?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Are those pine trees in the background?
    If it was 10.0 announcement of announcement, there would be no "Shadowlands" addition and Shadowlands style. Blizzard always use classic World of Warcraft logo when announcing the next expac announcement.

upd:
    Pines behind Dalaran are interesting though. Maybe its private server stuff? I dont want to hype myself up since im steadily into "Lordaeron and the Light business expansion" camp.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2022-02-15 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The picture was taken here obviously : https://i.imgur.com/Pvo5Ius.png

Note that the sky is not the same, that's a nice edit tho

Vantage point seems off. Like its still floating just above Hillsbrad instead.

This is better idea of what Dalaran would look like from surface level.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    If it was 10.0 announcement of announcement, there would be no "Shadowlands" addition and Shadowlands style. Blizzard always use classic World of Warcraft logo when announcing the next expac announcement.

upd:
    Pines behind Dalaran are interesting though. Maybe its private server stuff? I dont want to hype myself up since im steadily into "Lordaeron and the Light business expansion" camp.
    This technically isn't true. I just looked up the Shadowlands announcement/reveal at Blizzcon 2019. Ion had World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth up on the screen behind him right before they premiered the Shadowlands cinematic.

I do agree that the "what's next" would likely just say World of Warcraft. However, I was just pointing out that for Shadowlands, BFA was behind Ion when he made the 9.0 announcement. Of course, we have no clue how 10.0 will be announced (live stream, youtube video like 9.2, a panel like Blizzconline, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A deal with Bad Dragon could offer all sorts of unique possibilities for the goodie in the Collector's Edition package.
    Fully featured Alextrasza plushies?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    World of Warcraft: Lightlords of Lordaeron
    Wow. Lol.

The Dalaran in front of Silverpine really just illustrates how much they'd have to change it so the two don't clash.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh the wowdev3 info seems interesting even if I have no additional idea to add to what it might be
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    The fact we're seeing so much dragon stuff emerge lately around WoW and its associated properties... tells me that we may finally be getting the Dragon Isles. Or at least an expansion with a dragon-heavy plot.
    Would be super funny if we get exactly nothing Dragon-related for the next expansion. WoD-like.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Oh the wowdev3 info seems interesting even if I have no additional idea to add to what it might be
    It is very interesting. I am assuming both SoM and TBCC are part of wowdev2? Assuming wowdev3 isn't just nothing at all, I am guessing it definitely wouldn't be Wrath Classic either.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It is very interesting. I am assuming both SoM and TBCC are part of wowdev2? Assuming wowdev3 isn't just nothing at all, I am guessing it definitely wouldn't be Wrath Classic either.
    Only TBCC was part of wowdev2

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm not that good with WoW's CDN and what everything means, but could it not sharing a folder with the other 2 mean it might be using a new file structure or filesystem?

I know they could still be on the same CDN folder, but that was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it because it reminded me how the current game shares the game folder for both classic and retail (ptr and live)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Maybe it's TBCCC?

1+ Year Old Account
    Thankful that 9.2 is right around the corner (1 week away). I've been so careful not to spoil any 9.2 story content. I'm not 100% in the dark, obviously (pretty difficult to know NOTHING when I follow these forums and other wow related websites). However, I've done a pretty good job nonetheless.

I'm excited to do the campaign and go through the raid (especially the cutscenes/cinematics in the raid). Hopefully, when all is said and done, I will either have a clue as to what's next (direction for 10.0) or at the very least, I'll be closer to a 10.0 announcement by that time (March 8 being the Jailer cinematic. I'm not saying the announcement for 10.0 will be on the 8th).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I'm not that good with WoW's CDN and what everything means, but could it not sharing a folder with the other 2 mean it might be using a new file structure or filesystem?

I know they could still be on the same CDN folder, but that was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it because it reminded me how the current game shares the game folder for both classic and retail (ptr and live)
    It could be, but no way to know yet (and maybe not even after a build goes live).

For some background, WoW currently has 4 different CDN directories (bolded), I added the products that use them for context:

tpr/wow (public)
    wow, wow_beta, wow_classic, wow_classic_beta, wow_classic_era, wow_classic_era_beta, wow_classic_era_ptr, wow_classic_ptr, wowe1, wowe2, wowe3, wowlivetest, wowt, wowz

tpr/wowdev (dev, encrypted)
    wowdev, wowdev2

tpr/wowdev2 (probably encrypted)
    wowdev3

tpr/wowv (vendor, encrypted)
    wowv, wowv2

The encrypted ones use different encryption keys, so it could be that they want to give access to wowdev3 to either less, or more people, compared to the other encrypted products without it being anything special. But like you said, it could also be something entirely different. Not worth speculating a ton about at the minute until we see something (either an announcement, a build on this product or some other sign).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    So what's your take on all this, new game?
    No clue, as I said in my original tweet it could be 10.0, WotLK Classic or something we don't know about at all. Really no way of telling and I didn't expect it to get as much traction as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    So what's your take on all this, new game?
    Well, it's still wowdev3, so probably not. Though whether it is for the next expansion, a "new" Classic title or just some general testing stuff will remain to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Maybe it's TBCCC?

I was thinking TBCCP