10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because i google it and it says it did increase for the us, not by much but it did, unless you wanna claim the price is the same since 2006.

And the second part, yes its true.
    No it didn't increase in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Loved having that massive scale for a Horde city, but yea it was kind of nuts it was so vertically offset that we needed Flight Paths within the city.

Probably could have included a bit less at the docks or had a cool Zip-Line-Vine to zoom down lol (I know there was the Paku lifts at least.)

Meanwhile I did like Boralus, just felt it was almost a tad cramped/overly detailed for it's size? Makes sense as wooden human work, but I do miss the literal 'larger than life' feeling some of the larger architecture in places like Darnassus have.
    Boralus actually made perfect sense for what it was supposed to represent. Those cities really were extremely packed and cramped. It's not like it isn't still a pretty large city. If anything, the roads are actually a bit to broad.

Want to take a poll here:

Would you like playable Furbolgs if we're in for something Elune/Dream/Druid/Life centric expansion theme wise?

I had asked my less lore-focused pal and got a disappointing answer, which was that he thought it would be 'kind of like another pandaren' and 'maybe if they had a new faction for animals'

This was sad to me! Furbolgs got absolutely snubbed by Pandaren for a playable race, let's be real.
    It's terrible to me that now, a casual player's view on the potential of Furbolgs is outright soiled by Pandaren existing.

Granted, he's somehow been unaware of the race's alliance with the Night Elves since WC3 which I was able to use to sway him towards seeing how it's less forced than Pandaren even.

Where the Pandaren are indeed wise, they are 2x more cartoony- which is okay, but it's seemingly soured the idea of "Bear People" when frankly the Furbolg, these beautiful OGs, are quite the hardended, spiritual, survivalist bunch. Sort of the 'Tauren equivalent' of Alliance.

Their race could feel quite distinct from Pandaren as playables, as they always have as NPCs before.

And here's the thing, after Shadowlands Afterlives: Ardenweald and Ursoc's ultimate sacrifice/last farewell, I'd say the Furbolg as a people are due for some cultural focus!

They could find purpose in electing Ursol perhaps as their new deity, or I don't know if Ursoc's death could have ramifications on the race but unlikely.
    ( ie Cenarius dying didn't affect HM Tauren.)

Arguably, we've never been more primed for them being introduced. But I'm (emerald) dreaming :')
    I tell ya, I'd take them over Dragonkin!

And then what would you propose as a Horde race to counter? Or are you of the mind they could be dual faction?

I could see as a major twist, introducing some newly emerging, or ancient and hidden Nerubian culture, that could be practitioners of Druidism/Shamanism to the Horde. Bit of a stretch, but it could be a revival of their race, and 'redemption.' Or the safe route, Ogres from Feralas that have also become pretty 'Dreamy' lol
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-02-15 at 08:33 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with that. Private Servers shouldn't be allowed to exist imo.
    reported for being a cop

10+ Year Old Account

Would you like playable Furbolgs if we're in for something Elune/Dream/Druid/Life centric expansion theme wise?

I had asked my less lore-focused pal and got a disappointing answer, which was that he thought it would be 'kind of like another pandaren' and 'maybe if they had a new faction for animals'

This was sad to me! Furbolgs got absolutely snubbed by Pandaren for a playable race, let's be real.
    It's terrible to me that now, a casual player's view on the potential of Furbolgs is outright soiled by Pandaren existing.

Granted, he's somehow been unaware of the race's alliance with the Night Elves since WC3 which I was able to use to sway him towards seeing how it's less forced than Pandaren even.

Where the Pandaren are indeed wise, they are 2x more cartoony- which is okay, but it's seemingly soured the idea of "Bear People" when frankly the Furbolg, these beautiful OGs, are quite the hardended, spiritual, survivalist bunch. Sort of the 'Tauren equivalent' of Alliance.

Their race could feel quite distinct from Pandaren as playables, as they always have as NPCs before.

And here's the thing, after Shadowlands Afterlives: Ardenweald and Ursoc's ultimate sacrifice/last farewell, I'd say the Furbolg as a people are due for some cultural focus!

They could find purpose in electing Ursol perhaps as their new deity, or I don't know if Ursoc's death could have ramifications on the race but unlikely.
    ( ie Cenarius dying didn't affect HM Tauren.)

Arguably, we've never been more primed for them being introduced. But I'm (emerald) dreaming :')
    I tell ya, I'd take them over Dragonkin!

And then what would you propose as a Horde race to counter? Or are you of the mind they could be dual faction?

I could see as a major twist, introducing some newly emerging, or ancient and hidden Nerubian culture, that could be practitioners of Druidism/Shamanism to the Horde. Bit of a stretch, but it could be a revival of their race, and 'redemption.' Or the safe route, Ogres from Feralas that have also become pretty 'Dreamy' lol
    Not to rain on this parade, but we have current playable races in the lineup that are due some cultural focus. Worgen and Gnomes for example still have homelands that they've been trying to retake for multiple expansions now.

Dalaran's too small and beyond explored for me. BfA had many issues, but Boralus and Dazar'alor were wonderful. i literally spent several hours just exploring them, admiring all the little details - a guy, banging on someone's door in Boralus with two of his friends just behind the corner, ready to jump at the owner ; the last dark troll, drinking away the sorrow ; an aristocrat, secretly meeting with a waitress in a basement ; monuments, gardens and stalls.
    Dalaran already looks good. environments like these are already there.

Silvermoon, on the other hand? its' area could be more than tripled. a rebuilt western part, the harbor district, catacombs with the Wretched and independent undead, secluded mountain sanctums on the eastern cliffs, a sort of Suramar-town.
    and the Dragon isles were just next to Quel'thalas pre-alpha

Oribos as an airport-temple was an interesting change, but I like actual cities more.
    Last edited by guro-tchai; 2022-02-15 at 08:44 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Vantage point seems off. Like its still floating just above Hillsbrad instead.

This is better idea of what Dalaran would look like from surface level.

Damn, that's a cool concept. I really like that as a "restored" or original Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's a from a private server, best to not engage before someone gets in trouble.
    They worked nicely on it, especially on the circling wall

1+ Year Old Account
    So, we obviously do a lot of speculation on this thread of the forums; however, I am curious what people think regarding this question:

What do you expect to happen at the end of the Jailer encounter (real answers only. I know some like to be funny but I am genuinely curious)?

For context, I have not looked into any of the lore (spoilers) for 9.2 so don't respond with "we already know what happens". Even if you know about 9.2 story, I'm sure, at the minimum, the Jailer stuff is still secret

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    So, we obviously do a lot of speculation on this thread of the forums; however, I am curious what people think regarding this question:

What do you expect to happen at the end of the Jailer encounter (real answers only. I know some like to be funny but I am genuinely curious)?

For context, I have not looked into any of the lore (spoilers) for 9.2 so don't respond with "we already know what happens". Even if you know about 9.2 story, I'm sure, at the minimum, the Jailer stuff is still secret
    To answer my own question, I would like to see the Jailer win (whether completely or partially) and do some real damage to the plot/setting of the game. I really enjoyed the speculation and suspense at the end of the Argus cinematic with Sargeras stabbing Silithus. Would definitely like to see a big moment like that.

Actually I don't think we know from datamining what happens after the Jailer encounter. Blizz has done a good job keeping it hidden/encrypted unless I missed something.

7+ Year Old Account
    We actually don't know what's gonna happen.
    We just know what his corpse looks like.

Either Azeroth will suck him dry, or the facility itself will initiate some self defense override tralala and shut him down.
    Or perhaps we get another laser beam ending and his own plan backfires, so he ends up reoriginating himself.

Formerly known as Arafal

What happens exactly is still a mystery regardless of what others are saying, we know stuff about the encounter itself, but not really much regarding the story beats.

I'm personally hoping it ends with a fucked up Azeroth as things imply happens during the encounter, and while Dragon Isles would be neat, I am more in team world revamp (including Northrend, which they can just redo since WotLK classic should be out and about soon) with a sprinkle of hope for Dragon Isles being added with said revamp.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    What happens exactly is still a mystery regardless of what others are saying, we know stuff about the encounter itself, but not really much regarding the story beats.

I'm personally hoping it ends with a fucked up Azeroth as things imply happens during the encounter, and while Dragon Isles would be neat, I am more in team world revamp (including Northrend, which they can just redo since WotLK classic should be out and about soon) with a sprinkle of hope for Dragon Isles being added with said revamp.
    With the little bit I do know about 9.2 (what is said in our dungeon journal about Zovaal's raid encounter), it certainly seems like Azeroth will take a massive blow which ties very nicely into a world revamp/partial revamp. Without following the story on the PTR, nor seeing the end of the Sepulcher raid (none of us have seen it), I would be very confused/upset if Azeroth takes damage in the Zovaal fight and is not directly represented in the 10.0 story in at-least some way. Would definitely feel like a missed opportunity.

Of course, who knows. Blizzard could easily create any avenue of ways for us to heal Azeroth from the Jailer fight which would not directly include a world revamp.

I would love to see Furbolgs. They are basically the Alliance's Ogres in that they've been a part of the Alliance since TBC but not playable. However, I think they need a slight redesign. They look a little too derpy as is.

I really like this artist's concept in terms of posture and proportions. Although the face is a little too Disney looking for my liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip

Yes I do want furbolgs for Alliance
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I dreamt it, The Tinker is the next class to be released Q.Q I hate myself I'm sorry guys.

Although in my defence I have been in fever dreams as I've been unwell the past few days.

1+ Year Old Account
    Here's a follow-up question, or rather, additional content to speculate upon: How do you think we will leave the Shadowlands? What will be the significance?

Obviously, we entered the Shadowlands on top of Icecrown Citadel inside of a giant black portal. Lore-wise, do we go straight to 10.0 from Zereth Mortis or do we made our way back to Oribos and return to Azeroth from there? I guess it depends on the connection between Zereth Mortis and Azeroth, and more specifically, what happens during the Jailer encounter.
    Last edited by Catastrophy349; 2022-02-15 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Is it even allowed to be in 2 teams at once? Where's your sig mate

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's a follow-up question, or rather, additional content to speculate upon: How do you think we will leave the Shadowlands? What will be the significance?
    If 9.2.5 will have any story content, we might get a questchain where we try and close the rift above Icecrown.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If 9.2.5 will have any story content, we might get a questchain where we try and close the rift above Icecrown.
    Very true. I'm definitely curious to see how it ties together. However, how did we leave AU Draenor when returning to Azeroth for Legion? I wasn't around for most of Draenor/end of it. Did anything happen?